Problems With Skype Staying Sign In On My Desktop Pc (W7)

Mobi

Since yesterday I have been having serious problems trying to keep Skype on-line on my desktop PC (OS Windows7).

When I turn on the PC, Skype initially signs in and then after a few minutes it goes offline without warning.I can’t get it to go back on line – if I try to do anything it just hangs.

If I re-boot it will sign in again and be Ok for a few minutes before going off line again. Occasionally it will come back online by itself for a few minutes before going offline again.

When it is offline I have hit the ‘Help’ and ‘heartbeat’ options and the website says that everything is working fine and I am online – even though I am not.

I also have the same Skype account on my SS smart phone (android) and that is working fine.

This has been going on for 2 days now and I can’t find anyone who has a similar problem.

Here is what I have done so far:

1. Signed out of Skype on my SS phone just in case I can’t run the same account on two machines at the same time– even though I have been doing this for months.

2. Re-installed Skype and ensured it is the latest version

3. Ensured that when Skype goes off line that I was still connected to the internet.

4. Checked the Windows fire wall and made sure that Skype is permitted to go through it.

5. Turned off my Avast anti -virus software to make sure that it isn't somehow blocking it.

6. Run a whole load of anti-virus, malware and spyware software.

I can’t think of why this is happening except maybe some kind of trojan or infection – but everything else seems to be running fine.

Any ideas? Anyone else having similar problems?

Thanks

I am on a Mac, and I have had a lot of problems with Skype dropping calls recently. It seems to have started around the time they merged with MSN, ( but that doesn't mean that that is the problem).

Do you have any third party Skype plug-ins? Maybe try either updating or uninstalling them.