Border Run Limitations

Can anybody clearify the border-run limitations, some borders its 4 times (15 day) other borders its 14 times (15) does this mean after the limit for a certain border is used up

we have to leave the country and if yes for how long?????

Most reports are 4 entries. The 14 entry number makes no sense to me and have only seen it in perhaps one report.

All you would have to do is go out an get a tourist visa at any nearby Thai embassy or consulate. No need to go home.

Whenever you come to Thailand, whether or not you have a visa or intend to enter on a visa exempt entry, your admission to the country is totally at the discretion of the immigration officer. It is best to have a visa, but that does not guarantee admission. There have been reports that some border crossings are numbering the visa exempt entries, but there is , to my knowledge, no official number of the times that you can use them.

Surely the point is that people should not be "engineering" long term stays by abusing visa exempt entries.

There are a number of different means of securing a long term stay in Thailand without the need for boarder running every couple of weeks.

Surely the point is that people should not be "engineering" long term stays by abusing visa exempt entries.

There are a number of different means of securing a long term stay in Thailand without the need for boarder running every couple of weeks.

While I do not use this option I think there are more serious abuses going on

• Like 1

what I dont understand is why TH. is so strict with their visa's, yes I can understand they don't want people working illegally in the country but which falang

would want to??? the only jobs available without a permit are low paid ones. why they don't split it in europeans/americans and lets say people from Burma (as they can make more money here then back home.

I already have 3 tourist visa's in my passport so that's not an option as last time they litterly told me, enough for holiday not give any more, as they were saying falang go home better. its frustrating

Where was that?

what I dont understand is why TH. is so strict with their visa's, yes I can understand they don't want people working illegally in the country but which falang

would want to??? the only jobs available without a permit are low paid ones. why they don't split it in europeans/americans and lets say people from Burma (as they can make more money here then back home.

------------------------

You'd be surprised how many falangs of the Boozers and Losers fraternity (like the perpetual bar flies in Pattaya and the "divers go deeper" fraternity in the Phuket area) are willing to work without a work permit for a low wage just to stay in Thailand.

whistling.gifwhistling.gif

I already have 3 tourist visa's in my passport so that's not an option as last time they litterly told me, enough for holiday not give any more, as they were saying falang go home better. its frustrating

Go to a different embassy or consulate.

Vientiane will issue you a 2 entry tourist visa without a problem.

>>>what I dont understand is why TH. is so strict with their visa's, yes I can understand they don't want people working illegally in the country but which falang

------------------------

You'd be surprised how many falangs of the Boozers and Losers fraternity (like the perpetual bar flies in Pattaya and the "divers go deeper" fraternity in the Phuket area) are willing to work without a work permit for a low wage just to stay in Thailand.

And you'd be amazed at how many extremely bright and successful people work for next to nothing in Thailand because it just doesn't feel right to lounge around and do nothing during retirement. They don't need the coin, just like to feel useful without jumping through the hoops required to set up a business.

Edited by impulse

Interesting comment

Where are you and what happens to these folks a "fine' or IDC or deportation.

Pai and Chiang Mai seem to awash with falangs working in bars cafes in restaurants for which no work permit is possible

Do they all pay off or is there no enforcement

Resorts like Bangkk and from what I read Phuket andPattaya are ful of long term workers are they all paying backhanders?

It would seem that unless passport/work permit can be produced on demand individuals get to enjoy a stay in the monkey house until the documentation is produced.

Whilst only anecdotal I am told that those who cannot produce the correct documentation are being charged and taken to court.

A friend of mine, a legitimate business person , keeps all his documentation in his business safe. When "raided" last week he was able to show his documentation and the response from one of the officials was " Your no fun!"

Edited by jrtmedic

Interesting comment

Where are you and what happens to these folks a "fine' or IDC or deportation.

Pai and Chiang Mai seem to awash with falangs working in bars cafes in restaurants for which no work permit is possible

Do they all pay off or is there no enforcement

Resorts like Bangkk and from what I read Phuket andPattaya are ful of long term workers are they all paying backhanders?

I left Pattaya more than a few years ago, don't recall a lot of guys working there. Too vulnerable anymore. Phuket in the diving industry yes.

There was a big bust on PP in Feb. I heard some farang on his mobile discussing it, seemed pretty clued in. Said the cops just waited and watched for weeks, then swooped.

What is interesting is that we never get first hand accounts of anyone personally swept up and how they were held to account.

Most of these guys are working because they have no money so fining them is pretty stupid. Gonna be difficult just to get them on a plane they pay for. Then there is court costs and jail time. My hunch is the cops try the scare technique but when money isnt coming, plan b is just to let them go.

Anyone know of any or esp large # of farang languishing in Thai jails over simply working illegally?

Links please.

Let's see; Tour touts , condo sales, time share sales, internet shopping sites, internet discussion sites, internet news sites, bar- girls, strippers , hookers, TEFL'ers, art gallery owners, anyone renting a condo to vacationers, anyone owning a company of any sort ( according to Phuket labor dept ) vacation rental counselors, land development. Oh my, yes, lots of illegal workers making a decent or better living, paying no taxes and no fees.

>>>what I dont understand is why TH. is so strict with their visa's, yes I can understand they don't want people working illegally in the country but which falang

------------------------

whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by EBlair48

They should tattoo our WP numbers on our wrists. Be less painful than renewing it

It would seem that unless passport/work permit can be produced on demand individuals get to enjoy a stay in the monkey house until the documentation is produced.

Whilst only anecdotal I am told that those who cannot produce the correct documentation are being charged and taken to court.

A friend of mine, a legitimate business person , keeps all his documentation in his business safe. When "raided" last week he was able to show his documentation and the response from one of the officials was " Your no fun!"