Walen School - Teacher Training + One Year Thai Work Permit, 49,960 Baht

Thank you for the suggestion Giorgio. Wish you all the best with your teaching. We are doing our thing, other schools are doing their thing and everybody is working on improving things here. We need many teachers in Thailand so every hand helps. I am a Thai resident and I do care very much about the prosperity of Thailand. Thais really need to get up to speed with their English language skills. Thanks for helping Giorgio, you will be doing a noble job.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some people on here do not even know the plural of Curriculum!

Well MacWalen keep up the good work, what you are offering caters for a certain customer.This new proposal sounds like a good idea.Having a Degree or a PhD does not make anyone a good teacher. Critics are jealous.

Keep it up!!!

Edited by maprao
  • Like 1

Mr. W is an astute businessman. While many of his students are enrolled at his school solely to learn the Thai language, a component are certainly there to qualify for the ED visa and would not be there otherwise. It is a decision of the Thai Education Ministry to only require 4 hours per week of classroom study at a registered school to qualify for the Visa; a Thai student in the USA would be required to attend 18 hours per week for a similar visa.

Im not offering here assistance with ED visas but a teacher training plus a work permit. That is a big difference.

True. But earlier you said you've "made millions" and you didn't do that via teacher training and work-permits.

Atyclb, yes, students will learn faster. Guaranteed.

So, can you give us that list I asked for ??

Maybe you missed my post above !!

It is a comprehensive ALS 120 lesson course which includes theory and practice lessons. After this course you will teach faster and also students will learn faster. It is a life long benefit. Some people here do not know what they are talking about or are belittling me, or try to be overly academic. What we teach works very very well and is worth the money. If someone has a budget to open a school they may even be able to start their own business. I am very confident in our ALS course. Perhaps the best investment you will ever make if you want to make teaching your career. You will be learning from one of the best paid teachers in Thailand. If you get good at ALS you will make very good money.

Mr. W is an astute businessman. While many of his students are enrolled at his school solely to learn the Thai language, a component are certainly there to qualify for the ED visa and would not be there otherwise. It is a decision of the Thai Education Ministry to only require 4 hours per week of classroom study at a registered school to qualify for the Visa; a Thai student in the USA would be required to attend 18 hours per week for a similar visa.

Im not offering here assistance with ED visas but a teacher training plus a work permit. That is a big difference.

True. But earlier you said you've "made millions" and you didn't do that via teacher training and work-permits.

I made it through teaching.

My thoughts exactly Paul, another visa service but this masked as a teaching training certificate..the school has already milked the education visa market so why not teacher work permit market

I can tell you one thing for sure Steve. There are great many people fully satisfied with services provided by the Walen School. We offer reliable service. Mac Walen certified thumbsup.gif
There are also a great many people who aren't. A quick Google will reveal them
Dear Rogue, there are people who are not happy with presidents, no matter who they are, not happy with their countries, parents. employers, even God himself! Sure, hard to please everyone, but we certainly try. Some are also simply nasty, jealous, have a grudge agains something etc. Very much normal.
So you're blaming your customers now? This isn't going very well for you is it?

Please could you tell me how you cram two years of classroom teaching experience into a few weeks in a classroom?

Edited by RogueLeader
  • Like 1

So, can you give us that list I asked for ??

Maybe you missed my post above !!

It is a comprehensive ALS 120 lesson course which includes theory and practice lessons. After this course you will teach faster and also students will learn faster. It is a life long benefit. Some people here do not know what they are talking about or are belittling me, or try to be overly academic. What we teach works very very well and is worth the money. If someone has a budget to open a school they may even be able to start their own business. I am very confident in our ALS course. Perhaps the best investment you will ever make if you want to make teaching your career. You will be learning from one of the best paid teachers in Thailand. If you get good at ALS you will make very good money.

So 120hrs of lessons for 50k, is that correct ??

What about the work permit ?? What can I do with it and for who exactly ?

• Like 1

Interesting you need 4 Thai employees to offer 1 work permit, with foreign teacher already in your employment do you have the required Thai staff to offer all these work permits and that is Thai employees who you pay social welfare for.

When did Walen get there International School Licence and i wonder if the education department know you are now calling yourself an International School.

Do you have a licence from the Ministry of Education for teacher training, All teachers in Thailand now have to do 4 exams covering 9 subjects after you do the 20 hour Thai Culture Course, Without showing your degree certificate you cannot do the Thai Culture Course, The Thai Culture Course is required for your work permit

Mr Walen, I'm still confused !!

The list that I asked you for, so far comprises;

a) 120 lessons

That isn't much of a list. I also note that your lessons are all 50 minutes in duration, so that is 100 hrs of lessons for 50k.

So far I'm not tempted and would really like to know where the work permit comes into the equation ?

Kind regards

• Like 1

Some people on here do not even know the plural of Curriculum!

Well MacWalen keep up the good work, what you are offering caters for a certain customer.This new proposal sounds like a good idea.Having a Degree or a PhD does not make anyone a good teacher. Critics are jealous.

Keep it up!!!

Maprao. You are correct a teaching degree does not make a good teacher BUT here in Thailand that is what is required to get a teaching license.

Unless MacWalen schools are actually registered as universities you need an ED visa or a Bachelors degree and pass the 4 teachers council tests.

I ask again.

MacWalen how do you get around this petty stipulation in Thai law.

Do you do the paperwork for the visa. Work permit and teachers license waiver? Is it included in the price?

Thanks.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

My thoughts exactly Paul, another visa service but this masked as a teaching training certificate..the school has already milked the education visa market so why not teacher work permit market

I can tell you one thing for sure Steve. There are great many people fully satisfied with services provided by the Walen School. We offer reliable service. Mac Walen certified thumbsup.gif
There are also a great many people who aren't. A quick Google will reveal them

Dear Rogue, there are people who are not happy with presidents, no matter who they are, not happy with their countries, parents. employers, even God himself! Sure, hard to please everyone, but we certainly try. Some are also simply nasty, jealous, have a grudge agains something etc. Very much normal.

Presidents also run regular polls to see their approvals. so why do not you make a poll and see where you stand?

The nasty, jealous, ones with grudge, against happy and satisfied ones.

Make sure to split it by city's to get an accurate results.

No doubt you would want to know where you stand, would not you?!

Edited by lemoncake

Just another visa "deal".

Opportunists can sell anything: degrees today, halal kebab tomorrow. Whatever brings in a buck or two.

Rather unfair to put "kebab" or "shawarma" in with a negative connotation. Those sandwiches are great!

no negative connotation whatsoever. just meant that they sell product X today and totally different product Y tomorrow. these people are believers you know. they particularly believe their own illusions. bon appetit!

• Like 1

Funny how he won't answer questions about the work permit. I guess he's preying on those who don't realise a work permit only allows you to work in a specific company at a specific address.

The guy is clearly someone I would never choose to do business with. Economical with the truth to say the least.

• Like 2

Funny how he won't answer questions about the work permit. I guess he's preying on those who don't realise a work permit only allows you to work in a specific company at a specific address.

The guy is clearly someone I would never choose to do business with. Economical with the truth to say the least.

Give the guy a break, I've only asked him 3 times about the work permit :)

Might as well get an Ed visa deal with another school for less than half that price..

I don't see any 'teacher training' involved here at all...

• Like 1

Well, you know better than me, so why do you ask? All things I say are true. I also have schools in many locations and new locations are being worked on so for those who are not too much of a pain in the neck Im happy to help and work with, those who have an attitude or whatever are not encouraged to apply. Some of you smart heads have me for an idiot and I don't really mind as I obviously don't give ....., It will be very funny if some of the worst critics will come to ask me for help one day. I just enjoyed a few games of pool and had a few drinks so forgive me for the casual tone. Also my inbox is full of applicants and had many calls today so your marketing obviously works guys. The worse the comments the better. So keep going. There must be polarisation between those who like Walen and those who do not like us so much. Those who decide to use our service will not be disappointed. These are the words of Mac Walen -)

Mr. Mac...

I think you must be the most hated man in Thailand, lol.... by reading these comments.

A few points... everyone knows that Walen School is a Visa School sooo people can stay in Thailand.

Give the guy a break.

I've met him personally and attended his class.

I think it is probally the WORST way to learn a language posible.

HOWEVER, I know people who go to the school and like it, lol.

They can READ very very well but have NO clue what they are reading or how to speak.

But as a business man myself... let me say I respect Mr Mac very much as a sales person.

He don't CARE what you guys say about him... he is still SELLING... he is a great marketer....

You know what you are paying for when you do business with him... you need a visa and he gets you a visa...

Sooo be it...

He is providing a Service that apparently a LOT of people are willing to pay for.

Wish I had a 100 sales reps like Mr. Mac selling for me, lol....

We all could be billionaires.

Good luck with your business Mr Mac.

Keep the Visa Mill Going my friend.....

Thank you for the kind words. Running a school has served me well so I must be doing at least something right. Wish you success with your business too!

Well, you know better than me, so why do you ask? All things I say are true. I also have schools in many locations and new locations are being worked on so for those who are not too much of a pain in the neck Im happy to help and work with, those who have an attitude or whatever are not encouraged to apply. Some of you smart heads have me for an idiot and I don't really mind as I obviously don't give .....,  It will be very funny if some of the worst critics will come to ask me for help one day. I just enjoyed a few games of pool and had a few drinks so forgive me for the casual tone. Also my inbox is full of applicants and had many calls today so your marketing obviously works guys. The worse the comments the better. So keep going. There must be polarisation between those who like Walen and those who do not like us so much. Those who decide to use our service will not be disappointed. These are the words of Mac Walen -)

In the words of Mac Walen please answer the questions.

Your teachers need teachers licenses or waivers therefore they need to have a degree. Yes or No

If yes. But they do not have an Ed degree do they have to take the Krusapa tests.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Total crap! You can only teach as fast as a student can learn, you are 100% bulls8*t!

And here you are mistaken, very much mistaken. The way you do things makes a great difference. I am an expert at ALS, if I teach someone how to do this they will produce much better results with any students. Thai, Japanese, Chinese or any other nationality.

Really? Produce your qualifications and your ideas, re - education and, I WILL REALLY produce mine!

Crap! and the most stupid comment you have made to date!!

You are getting ridiculous Brian. Do you have any idea about teaching? I can give you a test if you want. We will see how well you do. I run 8 schools in Thailand and employ lots of people on a regular basis so I am certainly qualified to access your skills to see if you would make it in the world of private education. Up for a challenge? We can film it too for the world to see you skills if you are so confident that all I say is "crap".

Total crap! You can only teach as fast as a student can learn, you are 100% bulls8*t!

And here you are mistaken, very much mistaken. The way you do things makes a great difference. I am an expert at ALS, if I teach someone how to do this they will produce much better results with any students. Thai, Japanese, Chinese or any other nationality. 

An expert in ALS...... hmmmmm who trained you? Are you an ex Callan method teacher?

Are you the founding member of the ALS training foundation. C/o the church of Scientology.

Well, you know better than me, so why do you ask? All things I say are true. I also have schools in many locations and new locations are being worked on so for those who are not too much of a pain in the neck Im happy to help and work with, those who have an attitude or whatever are not encouraged to apply. Some of you smart heads have me for an idiot and I don't really mind as I obviously don't give ....., It will be very funny if some of the worst critics will come to ask me for help one day. I just enjoyed a few games of pool and had a few drinks so forgive me for the casual tone. Also my inbox is full of applicants and had many calls today so your marketing obviously works guys. The worse the comments the better. So keep going. There must be polarisation between those who like Walen and those who do not like us so much. Those who decide to use our service will not be disappointed. These are the words of Mac Walen -)

Your teachers need teachers licenses or waivers therefore they need to have a degree. Yes or No

If yes. But they do not have an Ed degree do they have to take the Krusapa tests.

I will look at each applicant's case. If I cannot get them a work permit I will not charge even one baht. If someone did not qualify for a work permit, they can still get training but they will know what can be done in their case, I do honest business and follow the law. I assume they will not lie to me about their education etc. There are a lot of things some of you guys really don't know, just think you know. I do this every day for the last 12 years. That makes a lot of difference.

Edited by MacWalen
  • Like 1

Really? Produce your qualifications and your ideas, re - education and, I WILL REALLY produce mine!

You don't have to produce anything, you can just show me your teaching. Speaking a second language will help also as it helps to understand learning process. I speak 5 languages reasonably well. I know how the mind works and how to optymize teaching to achieve fast results.

Well, you know better than me, so why do you ask? All things I say are true. I also have schools in many locations and new locations are being worked on so for those who are not too much of a pain in the neck Im happy to help and work with, those who have an attitude or whatever are not encouraged to apply. Some of you smart heads have me for an idiot and I don't really mind as I obviously don't give .....,  It will be very funny if some of the worst critics will come to ask me for help one day. I just enjoyed a few games of pool and had a few drinks so forgive me for the casual tone. Also my inbox is full of applicants and had many calls today so your marketing obviously works guys. The worse the comments the better. So keep going. There must be polarisation between those who like Walen and those who do not like us so much. Those who decide to use our service will not be disappointed. These are the words of Mac Walen -)

I will look at each applicant's case. If I cannot get them a work permit for them I will not take charge them. I assume they will not lie to me about their education etc. There are a lot of things you guys really don't know, just think you know. I do this every day for the last 12 years. That makes a lot of difference. 

So still no answer.

The questions again.

1) You are employing teachers. Yes/no

2) teachers in Thailand need an education degree to get a teaching license. Yes/no

3) if no teaching license they need a 2 year waiver. Yes/no

4) for any further 2 year waivers they need to prove they are furthering their education (the tests etc). Yes/no

Thanks in advance

And I know this isn't the grammar forum. But Jesus christ at least make an effort to get your sentence structure and tense correct. I presume English is not your first language.

• Like 1

OTT attacks have been removed. Also, comments on a members grammar, etc. is inappropriate and against forum netiquette. Further attacks will be removed without notice.

"Misspellings and grammatical errors can make posts difficult to
understand. However English is not always the first language of our
members so don't waste space correcting other members' grammar and
spelling where it isn't necessary."

But you still haven't told us what we get for 50k !!

Only 100 hrs of lessons...

What about this WORK PERMIT ???

Explain please in concise form, not a ramble..

Still waiting.. Thanks

120 hrs of training, work permit as a Walen teacher. Work depending on the available lessons and ability. Concise enough?