Choengmon Post Office

Is anyone else experiencing the poor service recently from this Post Office?

We used to receive our mail regularly but over the last 2-3 months it is always late - sometimes 2-3 weeks. We no longer get our phone bills or Credit Card statements before the due dates. The staff seem to have changed and maybe this is the cause. This is a shame as the Thai Post Office in my experience is usually very efficient - it just seems that this one office is letting the side down.

• Like 1

They are terrible.

My birthday is Songkran (ok holiday I know) but I am still getting cards posted from the UK in early April.

As you say - no credit card bills, no UBC bills, and the UBC magazine arrives on or about the 15th to the 20th of the month etc. Absolute tossserrrs

The only letters that turn up regularly are the begging letters from the temples/orphanages etc.

A friend recently wrote to me from Botswana . Sent on March 5th - received this week

I must say that i'm using a choeng mon adress to receive all my parcels, on many occasions i thought that the post man was stealing my stuff(mostly repair parts for electronics) but nothing like that as in the end i always received everything even if sometime it took 2 month and half......

Does all post on the island go through Chaweng anyway? Or is it sorted at the airport?

I am not sure of the answer to that question, but I have noticed that Maenam post office has been building a large extension to the existing building.... I had wondered if they weren't making a new sorting area for the island?

I have to say, I cannot complain about the postal service in Maenam, my postal guy shows up regularly with the Makro and Tesco flyers! wink.pngthumbsup.gif

Does all post on the island go through Chaweng anyway? Or is it sorted at the airport?

I am not sure of the answer to that question, but I have noticed that Maenam post office has been building a large extension to the existing building.... I had wondered if they weren't making a new sorting area for the island?

I have to say, I cannot complain about the postal service in Maenam, my postal guy shows up regularly with the Makro and Tesco flyers! wink.pngthumbsup.gif

Yes Maenam post office guys for delivery are the best never late or items missing.

• Like 1

I think everything goes through the Nathon Post Office.

Of course it does. I keep forgetting about that little village wai.gif

The problem is not the delivery guy - he is here regularly. It's just that the stuff is old or late!

When you look at the house numbering system here, the posties are brilliant!clap2.gif

I think that the problem is the sorting office not getting the post to the sub-post offices. sad.png

• Like 1

To give credit where it's due , I have had 2 lots of products shipped this week. They came via EMS. I tracked them till they got to Chaweng office first around

2.30 pm, at my door step 3.15 for the first, the second 2 days later arrived around 4, delivered 5pm.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to give Kudos to the Postal guys at Maenam Post office....

I stopped in the other day, to tell them I had moved, and drew a map as I don't have a Soi address... (amazing but true! .... it is a "private" road with only three houses ! )

Today a postman who I don't know, showed up with a parcel (that I was not expecting) and the monthly Makro flier!

Needless to say I was very impressed ! ..... but always have been with the Thai Postal Service .... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I too am impressed with the Thai postal service.thumbsup.gif

They are obviously concerned about my getting too excited on my birthday (it is just after Songkhran). So they kindly spread the delivery of my birthday cards over a six to eight week period.wink.png

I do not receive any cards before my birthday - and the latest one arrived last week. whistling.gif

I too am impressed with the Thai postal service.thumbsup.gif

They are obviously concerned about my getting too excited on my birthday (it is just after Songkhran). So they kindly spread the delivery of my birthday cards over a six to eight week period.wink.png

I do not receive any cards before my birthday - and the latest one arrived last week. whistling.gif

oh dear !tongue.png Guess they want to prolong the event... just so you don't forget (senior moments start to set in once you get over sixty) biggrin.png... but do you think it's the Thai service or perhaps from where they were sent? whistling.gif

The last birthday card I got was made special delivery on a Saturday, which happened to be my birthday, only have one sister that even bothers with cards these days.... the rest send those Lawson ecards, bah.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

In bon kai area covered by chong mon PO there is a new postman doing the round,was a lady but she has left,my wife asked him why stuff was late he said he was still learning the route,which as another poster said cannot be easy because of the way houses are numbered.I also have a Post Office box at Chaweng Post Office which they charge 500 baht a year,and stuff seems to get there no problems on time from Thailand or Overseas.

I was sent an EMS package last Tuesday. Just found out sitting in Chaweng office damaged. They didn't bother to advise anyone.

Love the postal service.