Qatar Airlines

Doha isn't great, toilets minging. There was, 2 years ago a food outlet, chips were ok and drinks ok. There was also a quiet area overlooking runway to relax, give in boarding card, have a snooze and they get you when you need to go.

Qatar air was ok, nothing special, no complaints and at £465 its cheap as you say.

Good luck.

There are no airbridges, so everything is by bus until they finish the shiny new world cup airport.

To be honest the old airport is a bit crap. If you feel the need for a drink, get a half bottle of voddy in Duty free, go up to the snack counter and get a massive soft drink then slip some in when no-one's looking.

Not a dry airline though, so don't panic!

biggrin.png

The current Doha airport is not particularly attractive or interesting, but for short stops has a Costa/Starbucks upstairs and a few food places, for the longer stop there are a fair few lounger beds in the "quiet rooms" where you can grab a nap.

There are plenty of power sockets and good wifi throughout, so it could be worse for the money.

The food at Doha is a throwback to UK motorway caffs circa 1965. Most planes park up 10 to 15 minutes bus ride away. Doha is a joke of an international airport, but Qatar is a decent enough airline and often wins travel awards, has ok food onboard and usually works out a bit cheaper and with fewer long stopovers than Etihad or Emirates.

I flew back to England with them for Christmas with my wife and two young kids. I was dreading it but I have to say it was a really good flight. Plenty of room, new aircraft, decent service, beer whenever you ask for it.

I will echo what others said about Doha airport though. The bus transfers are a pain and take quite a long time each way. Then when you get to the terminal there is hardly anything there apart from the motorway cafe.

I would be happy to fly them again.

Ive flown Qatar via Doha a couple times this year, and a few last year, flights I've always found ok with decent food, as said the transfers are not the best, but not the worst neither, fairly straightforward, all transfers get off the bus at the same terminal stop, and straight into the baggage scan check, queues are quite long there but quickly pass thru and into the departure area,, gates are mostly all within short walking distance where again you are transferred by bus to the onward flight

Ok,, I'll add that I've never used the premium transfer or business class transfer,, which are likely different from my above experience in economy transfer so possible different setup,, but unsure

The food at Doha is a throwback to UK motorway caffs circa 1965. Most planes park up 10 to 15 minutes bus ride away. Doha is a joke of an international airport, but Qatar is a decent enough airline and often wins travel awards, has ok food onboard and usually works out a bit cheaper and with fewer long stopovers than Etihad or Emirates.

Biz class at Doha is a joy Santi....just so you know. tongue.png

• Like 2

Flyed with Them 4months ago from Heathrow, London to Goa then ...then on to Bangkok...didn't have any faults with them what so ever..found the service great and transfer was 3hours long but alot to look at at Goa airport to pass the time...

welcomeani.gif to the forum Steve.

Always fly with Qatar, my Silver Card gets me into the Silver Lounge at Qatar Airport where there is free food and drinks. Also gets me fast track through immigration at the departing airport, but not the arriving one.

I think the service on Qatar is not as good as it used to be but still one of the best. Drinks always available during the flight, just have to ask. Good seats in economy with plenty of leg room.

Chris