Red Shirts Join In Cyber War Of The Masks

webfact

Red shirts join in cyber war of the masks
Budsarakham Sinlapalavan
The Nation

30207008-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Red shirts and pro-government supporters have kicked off a "red mask" campaign in opposition to the white masks of anti-Thaksin groups.

The campaign was born after Facebook users adopted the so-called Guy Fawkes white masks on Saturday to criticise the government and former prime minister and de-facto party leader Thaksin Shinawatra.

A Facebook user page named "Seu Moun Chon Khon Sua Dang", (red shirt mass media), posted a message yesterday: "Please all red cyber warriors gather to attack an anti-government Facebook page at 9 o'clock every night by reporting on their page 'It’s spam or a scam'. Please change your profile photos to 'red mask'. Please send this message to your red-shirt friends to join in this campaign. War is started."

"Seu Moun Chon Khon Sua Dang" postings on its target page included

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dislike-Yingluck-For-Concentration-Citizen/177571372320131?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/redbuffstupid?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/Yingluck.Dissolve?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/SaiTrongPhakSanam?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/poojidtakorn?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/RwmKhwamHaKhxngNaykYingLaksn?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/serithai.net

https://www.facebook.com/Watchred?fref=ts

An "Ultra Daeng Sayiew" page called for a red-shirt cyber attack on the Democrat MP Sirichok Sopha page at 2pm.

Sirichok said he didn't worry about the red mask project because it did not have many people contributing to it. Also, he wasn't concerned if the red shirts should report his page to Facebook because he did everything within the law.

Deputy Government Spokeswoman Sunisa Lertpakawat said no matter if it was white or red masks, in the social media and in the real world everyone had a constitutional right to express political opinions, as long as they conformed to the law.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-28

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does this mean the Government supporters didn't think before they threw the toys out the pram about the 'white masks'.

Apologies - 'Government supporters' and 'think' in the same sentence

Their first instinct is to say something that Thaksin will like. Next, they say something that sounds a bit democratic.

Interrogators ask rapid questions so that the suspect doesn't get time to think - that's how you get the truth.

Red Shirts show their true colours by copying one again.

T-Shirts, clappers, protests, masks etc.

That is what you get with the herd instinct

Agreed. It's so refreshing to see some originality....not!

The problem is that the reds are too stupid to understand the metaphoric meaning of the V mask and mark my words this red mask will take on very sinister undertones in the future. I am sure most red villages are being told right now that the reds created a mask and now the anti reds have copied them. It is all very worrying. The reds will bring dark times to Thailand!

Let's face it if any coloured group bothered to go beyond the V For Vendetta aspect and delved into who the mask originally represented and his history they'd all drop it like a sh*tty stick.

• Like 2

So their reaction is to try to block and ban dissenting opinions. How very democratic of them, I'm sure Yingluck will condemn this attack on freedom of speech any second now.

She'll be tolerant of their actions and won't even bother to denounce them when the red shirts determine who the white masks are and publish their names, addresses, and phone numbers and red shirts are encouraged to intimidate and threaten the white mask posters and their families. There's already been that precedence of her not condemning that course of action.

Let's face it if any coloured group bothered to go beyond the V For Vendetta aspect and delved into who the mask originally represented and his history they'd all drop it like a sh*tty stick.

Why?......

"Hey Sombat. Nice mask. What's it for?"

" It's from the V for Vendetta movie and has become an international symbol of people's intentions to otherthrow tyranical governments etc"

" I see. But did you know it's a likeness of Guy Fawkes who many years ago was part of a gang who attempted regicide in England?"

Sound of mask being ripped off in a blind panic......

Why?......

"Hey Sombat. Nice mask. What's it for?"

" It's from the V for Vendetta movie and has become an international symbol of people's intentions to otherthrow tyranical governments etc"

" I see. But did you know it's a likeness of Guy Fawkes who many years ago was part of a gang who attempted regicide in England?"

Sound of mask being ripped off in a blind panic......

OR

"But did you know Guy Fawkes represented people who were being oppressed because of their religious beliefs. People that had been practicing their religion for a 1000 years but their church was made illegal by a King who changed the face of religion because he wanted to divorce his wive's....no other reason. By the time of King James, Catholics were not permitted to own a business, they were not permitted to worship they were not permitted to own weapons of any sort and they were still being burned at the stake"

The fact is the Guy Fawkes would simply have replaced one oppressive regime with another, as the Catholics themselves had always been oppressive. Do not forget that the need for a Catholic rebellion was simply because Henry VIII could not keep his di*k in his pants. The reformation saw the confiscation of the equivalent of multi billions of dollars of land and property and the destruction of all the major monasteries in the England (remembering that entire towns and villages relied on the monasteries for work, business and food). Thousands of innocent people were burned at the stake. Was Guy Fawkes bad? Only if you were a protestant member of parliament. He (and the mask?) represented the fight against an unjust, repressively obsessive, prejudiced Government. Any similarities with today in Thailand...you betcha. The trick of course is to replace it with a system that is not equally as oppressive.

Correct account of history and the meaning of Guy Fawkes complete. Guy Fawkes to this day is a reminder to the Government of England, do not segregate, and oppress the people.

Sound of Masks being re-fitted snugly to face.

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 2

^ Yeah right. You honestly think the wearers of the mask will look at it that way rather than hear the words "regicide" in big neon letters and think about covering their <deleted> asap? If so you must live in an alternative Thailand to me. :)

Edited by mca

^ Yeah right. You honestly think the wearers of the mask will look at it that way rather than hear the words "regicide" in big neon letters and think about covering their <deleted> asap? If so you must live in an alternative Thailand to me. :)

Indeed, I think the modern concept of this mask is the only one they and the government are concerned about.

Quite why the government has got its knickers in such a twist I don't know.

^ Yeah right. You honestly think the wearers of the mask will look at it that way rather than hear the words "regicide" in big neon letters and think about covering their <deleted> asap? If so you must live in an alternative Thailand to me. smile.png

Well that depends if people look at an ACCURATE version of history. You have already twisted history, others do also. The Catholics were fighting for their very survival being tortured, burned and thrown out of their land and property. Look at it objectively, was Guy Fawkes bad, not at all? There is no comparison at all to King James of 400 years ago or Henry 100 years earlier and any Monarchs in the World today. The story is a fight against overwhelming oppression and subjugation. That is what the movie is about, that is what the Mask is about. Interestingly he is often stated as being ' "the last man to enter Parliament with honest intentions".

^ Like I said. They'll see attempted regicide and that'll be that. After all this is a place where there's a real chance of being assaulted or verbally abused in a cinema for refusing to stand before a movie is shown therefore looking into the depths and intricacies of a situation isn't really on most folks agenda. If the Guy Fawkes connection came out and somebody with an axe to grind dumped his neighbour in the sh*t it'd be slightly amusing to see the accused at the police station attempting to give Sgt Lek and the boys an in-depth history lesson on why he shouldn't be thrown in the klink.

Anyhow we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm bursting for a piss. :)

Edited by mca

^ Like I said. They'll see attempted regicide and that'll be that. After all this is a place where there's a real chance of being assaulted or verbally abused in a cinema for refusing to stand before a movie is shown therefore looking into the depths and intricacies of a situation isn't really on most folks agenda. If the Guy Fawkes connection came out and somebody with an axe to grind dumped his neighbour in the sh*t it'd be slightly amusing to see the accused at the police station attempting to give Sgt Lek and the boys an in-depth history lesson on why he shouldn't be thrown in the klink.

Anyhow we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm bursting for a piss. smile.png

Too much information ;)

No. They will simply say " I not use regicide I use ROUNDUP"

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1