Public Library For Thais With Thai Books

geovalin

My daughter -13 years old- likes to read. It's so unusual (in Thailand but also even in western countries) that she deserves to be helped.

Of course she reads stuff kids like, not boring books for adults.

Any public libraries in Bangkok where it's possible to borrow for free or nearly free?

What about the e-books? I have, myself, access to thousands of books in French or English language FOR FREE. Where could we find Thai e-books for free?

Soi Phranang Public Library, Ratchawithi Road near the Din Daeng intersection. Recently renovated. Bit if a walk from Victory Monument. if you google it you can find some reviews.

Soi Phranang Public Library, Ratchawithi Road near the Din Daeng intersection. Recently renovated. Bit if a walk from Victory Monument. if you google it you can find some reviews.

Never hear it called Soi Phranang Library before (that's the name, just never paid attention to the Thai sign) but definitely very kids oriented. I know it as Discovery Learning Library (that's what the English language sign in front says) and it is easy to find right at the corner of Ratchawithi Rd and Ratchawithi Soi 4 near where Ratchaprorop intersects Ratchawithi. If I remember correctly, the total initial cash outlay for membership was something like 50 baht which allows you to borrow 2 books for 7 days at a time.

Edit:

I should note, the building does have a disconcerting habit of shaking when buses pass by...

Edited by CPT