Suphanburi Kindergarten Kid ' Bullied To Death'

webfact

Suphanburi Kindergarten Kid 'Bullied To Death'

SUPHANBURI: -- A 5 year old boy died from various injuries reportedly caused by a first grader and a seventh grader at his school who bullied him violently.

Anupat Samtong, or "Nong (little brother) Nont", was a first year kindergarten student at a school in Suphanburi province. He was admitted to Chaophraya Hospital in the province since 1 March this year with broken arm and internal bruising. He had been in coma ever since, and later moved to Chulalongkorn Hospital.

Yesterday, the doctors announced that Anupat had passed away. His condition was described as continuously deteriorating every day since he was admitted to hospital.

The case follows 2 other tragic incidents involving deaths of young children in their school in Thailand. In April, a 3 year old girl in Samut Prakarn province was left in school van and died from suffocation, and a similar incident happened to a 3 year old boy in Srisaket province just a month later.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNMk9UZ3hPVEF5Tmc9PQ

-- KHAOSOD ONLINE 2013-05-30

• Like 1

This is more than just being bullied at school. It is more like he was violently beaten to death. 1st grader would be about 6 yrs old and a 7th grader around 12 or 13 yrs old.

Disgusting! Unfortunately, it happens A LOT here. The parents would have to have it, along with their brat kids and possibly the head... screw the ramifications.

Had a go at a couple of lads slapping a young un about at the boy's school a while back. He just sat there while they went to work. Teachers and parents close by. bah.gif

terrible story.  Why are kidergarten children mixing with the older kids at school?

Money... the kindergarten (anaban) kids go on up to Pratum etc.. the schools expand to pratum for the money.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

News on television reported that he was held by one of his killers and beaten up by the other, so he could not defend himself or run away.

If that is the case, I would suggest that these kids are in need of some very serious psychological evaluation. It worries me very much the level of violence among kids these days, it may be bad all over the world, but it is here too, and there is a very big difference between playground rough and tumble and actually restraining someone and beating them so badly they die.

This case should be being handled in a very very serious manner by the authorities, but it seems to be a case of serious bullying in their eyes.

News on television reported that he was held by one of his killers and beaten up by the other, so he could not defend himself or run away.

I wonder if these to killers were related. A grade 1 student and a year 7 student would hardly be a couple of mates just hanging out together. With the extent of injuries I would guess that the older one probably inflicted the majority of the injuries.

Edited by chooka

lets see the principal held up for the murder along with the 2 students, this should not happen at a school and there are no excuses that can be acceptible, the principle failed misserably and the students think there are no consequences, maybe their parents should also be pulled into this for lack of discipline.

• Like 1

what kind of future when 10 years olds are killing 5 year olds... so sad. The Thai news reports on Channel 3 this morning, showed the level of complete lack of understanding of what to do in this situation. The parents of the killers carry some blame, The school for lack of supervision of the students are definitely liable, but society as a whole needs to take a look inside and see why this is happening more and more. Future Vocational/Technical college louts in development perhaps? These kids should be on a watch list of registered violent criminals to ensure that they are not free to attack others in the future.

• Like 2

This is disgusting. Every time I read something like this my heart breaks. I have a 3 year old son and the thought of something happening to him whilst he's supposed to be safe at school sickens me.

I love living in Thailand but this "mai pen rai" attitude has no place in schools. All of these incidents could have been avoided if the teachers in charge were doing their jobs properly.

In my opinion there is no space for error when working with children and someone should be held accountable.

RIP all these little ones who have been disgracefully let down by those paid to take care of them.

• Like 2

This child was assaulted not bullied ! The school should be held responsible for not supervising students properly. At no times should students be left unattended (whether inside or outside a classroom). Incidents such as this should never occur in a school as teachers should either be inside the classrooms or on playground duty.

Assaulted? Murdered might be a better word as the kid is now dead from the injuries.

• Like 1

This not only angers me, but fear grips my soul when I think of my son being in any school where there are a majority of Thai students around him.

This is what Thailand is. This is the opposite side of how the Thai mind resolves conflict (fight or flight in the physical or emotional state). Anyone care to comment on that?

I can surmise that this was a catastrophe already in the making before it reached this level. I can surmise that the contributing factors were, firstly, the parents, and secondly the teachers and directors. I can also surmise that opportunity to intervene came and went past the eyes and awareness of these adult &(*%*(&$ and they tossed it off with one of their quaint, apathetic Buddhist proverbs.

This is not the last we will hear of Thai children, teenagers and adults killing each other or attempting to kill each other over silly little things like chicken sauce.

This is what they are as a society, and only a few would dare to formulate the words to describe them. This is another black mark on the Thai education system, the Thai Family Model and their continuous follies and errors towards little human beings.

Forgive me, but breeding should not be a right. It should be a luxury.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

This not only angers me, but fear grips my soul when I think of my son being in any school where there are a majority of Thai students around him.

This is what Thailand is. This is the opposite side of how the Thai mind resolves conflict (fight or flight in the physical or emotional state). Anyone care to comment on that?

I can surmise that this was a catastrophe already in the making before it reached this level. I can surmise that the contributing factors were, firstly, the parents, and secondly the teachers and directors. I can also surmise that opportunity to intervene came and went past the eyes and awareness of these adult &(*%*(&$ and they tossed it off with one of their quaint, apathetic Buddhist proverbs.

This is not the last we will hear of Thai children, teenagers and adults killing each other or attempting to kill each other over silly little things like chicken sauce.

This is what they are as a society, and only a few would dare to formulate the words to describe them. This is another black mark on the Thai education system, the Thai Family Model and their continuous follies and errors towards little human beings.

Here we go........

This is more than just being bullied at school. It is more like he was violently beaten to death. 1st grader would be about 6 yrs old and a 7th grader around 12 or 13 yrs old.

Actually if it is Thai schooling they are Pratom 1 and Pratom 7. a 13 year old would be in high School and not near a K student.

This is appalling. Why have no charges been laid against the killers and the school?

If this happend in a civilized country the authorities, police, local council, welfare would be all over this like a rash. And quite rightly so.

Here, it seems no one is bothered or understands how to take responsibility, be accountable and uphold the law.

I guess if the the killers family are "connected" locally, then there's even less chance of justice.

• Like 1

Here we go........

We? I don't see any "likes". Looks like you are on your own, kiddo!

• Like 1