Lost My Driving License

blackman

i can't find my Thai driving license after a recent house move

there's about 2 years left of the 5 years

stupidly i don't have a copy

will it be registered on computer at the DMV centre?

anyone know how to proceed to get a new one without retaking the test?

Edited by blackman

Report loss to the police and with police report go to LTD and the will re-issue another.

that's great news

thanks guys!

just out of curiousity , when it is replaced - could you post if they start the 5 years again, or if it has the same expiry date as the original.

Report loss to the police and with police report go to LTD and the will re-issue another.

that's great news

thanks guys!

just out of curiousity , when it is replaced - could you post if they start the 5 years again, or if it has the same expiry date as the original.

If yes there will be lots of police reports cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Yes, have to have police report

Thanks for the confirmation from someone who has done it.

You say that like you think I was talking <deleted> but I agree it is nice to have a second person go through the same experience to have a licence re-issued.

Yes, I've also tried to loose my driver license sad.png , went to the kind police smile.png , got a report for 20 baht and a new license issued in few minutes for less than 200 thumbsup.gif

Yes, have to have police report

Thanks for the confirmation from someone who has done it.

You say that like you think I was talking <deleted> but I agree it is nice to have a second person go through the same experience to have a licence re-issued.

Never even inferred that just wasn't sure if you ever had it happen to you or you may have just heard it from someone . It had absolutely nothing to do with your post.

Yes, I've also tried to loose my driver license sad.png , went to the kind police smile.png , got a report for 20 baht and a new license issued in few minutes for less than 200 thumbsup.gif

What was the expiry date of the new license that was issued to you, was it a new 5 year expiry date, or do they have a record of you previous license expiry date and thus issue a new license for the remaining time, or did they depend on you to inform them of the expiry date.

Please let us know what took place.

What was the expiry date of the new license that was issued to you, was it a new 5 year expiry date, or do they have a record of you previous license expiry date and thus issue a new license for the remaining time, or did they depend on you to inform them of the expiry date.

jmac at post 7 who has done it before says it is the same expiry date

so it must just be a copy of the lost one that is issued

When I lost mine in Pattaya:

Police report - 20 baht, 10 minutes

Letter from immigration showing my address - some baht, come back in afternoon

License office issued new one with same expiry date - 100-200 baht, an hour or so in queue. No test, simple form, they take your photo. Computer had all my details.

Fairly painless experience.

• Like 1

Same 5-year expiry date as before. They have everything on record in the system, but want a new updated photo (the snap it, included in fee). In my case, I've got a Yellow House Book since the original driver license were issued, so my ID-number were automatically changed from my Passport number to my new Thai ID number.

• 2 weeks later...