If I Filed 90 Day Report 13 Days Early Last Time 90 Days Is Now 77?

My retirement extention began on december 17 and I went for my first 90 day report on march 4 which is 13 days early. The officer stamped in on the paper that I should come back again on june 4th so would I be late if I showed up 180 days after the visa began? Are they counting from the last 90 day report of from the first day of the visa? I probably will go on or near the 4th anyway as I want to leave town but what happens at the end of the year if you are 15 or more days short?

Edited by devaram

90 days and extensions are two different things, although sometimes when you do the extension the officer might give you a new 90 day reporting date, but this happens very seldom.

It has happened that I have received and extension and then 15 days later had to return to do my 90 days.

• Like 1

Your new date to report will be 90 days after making current report and you can report in a window of 15 days before until 7 days after that date without fine. If you leave Thailand new reporting date is 90 days from date of return (that being day one).

• Like 2

Just going by the title of this thread.

I filed my last 90 day report by post 14 days early as recommnded by several people on here. Got it back within three days and the next 90 day report dated from around day 75 of the original permission to stay i.e a couple of days after they recieved the EMS.

So if you file early it would seem to mean you are penalised by having to make more "90 day" reports in a year. Why they did not date it from the "current permission to stay date" Buddha only knows.

This was postal to Phitsanuluk Office. Normally a very good office to deal with.

I filed my last 90 day report by post 14 days early as recommnded by several people on here. Got it back within three days and the next 90 day report dated from around day 75 of the original permission to stay i.e a couple of days after they recieved the EMS.

So if you file early it would seem to mean you are penalised by having to make more "90 day" reports in a year. Why they did not date it from the "current permission to stay date" Buddha only knows.

This was postal to Phitsanuluk Office. Normally a very good office to deal with.

Once again there seems to be some confusion between visa, extensions of stay and 90 day reports.

You are expected to report each time, 90 days from your last report. If you report early, then you next need to report 90 days from that date, plus or minus whatever your Immigration office allows. 90 days from your last report, not the 90th day and the 180th day and the 270th day. 90 days from the last report.

The 90 day report is not an extension of stay and only indirectly connected to it. The extension of stay is for one year for those using the retirement option. You have permission to be in Thailand for one year. Even if you apply for the next one a bit early, you will be given an additional year beyond when your last extension of stay ended. If your last extension of stay ends on Jan 15th and you apply for a new one in December ( assuming your office allows that), the next extension of stay will be for another year and again end on Jan 15th.

You are not, in these instances, renewing a visa. Visas are issued by consulates and embassies. They are your letter of introduction to Immigrations in Thailand. Immigrations decides if they'll let you in and for how long and any other consideration. If you want to stay longer without going out of the country, you apply to Immigrations for an extension of stay not for a visa renewal.

thetefldon is not confused about visas, extensions of stay and 90-day reports in the substance of his post. (It is possible that he did not use the approved terminology, but his message is clear.)

If you are required to do 90-day reporting, you will get a slip of paper in your passport that tells you the next day you need to report on. You can report any time within 15 days before or 7 days after that date. When you report, your next date will be 90 days from the date on which you report. If you report 7 days early, your new date will be 83 days from your original reporting date. if you report 7 days late, your new date will be 97 days from your original reporting date. It pays to report 7 days late, because over time, it means fewer visits to the Immigration office.

In the context of extensions of stay and 90-day reporting, when you apply for an extension of stay, you have to put your address on the application form. In doing so, you thereby report your address (because some linguistic acts actually perform a real action in the world, for example, "with this ring I thee wed"), so you should not have to do 90-day reporting for another 90 days. The Thai Immigration office does not see things that way, though they should, because their actual practice supports it, in that if you leave the country while on a one-year extension and have a re-entry permit, when you return to Thailand, your new reporting date will be 90 days from when you re-entered the country. This is Thailand.

90 days and extensions are two different things, although sometimes when you do the extension the officer might give you a new 90 day reporting date, but this happens very seldom.

It has happened that I have received and extension and then 15 days later had to return to do my 90 days.

This is 100% correct. Visas and extensions are separate issues. Just make sure you go to your 90-day reporting date as stamped in your passport either 7-days before or after and you should have no problem. Don't even bother trying to figure if it's a few days short or long. You get what you get on the stamp as your next reporting date and that's that.

Edited by oneday

Amnat Charoen always wants a TM 47 when you renew your extension to stay. Therefore your next reporting date will be 90 days later. However, if you send your TM47 by post, (to Jomtien) as I do, then you cannot use the 7 days after window only the 14 days before one. The EMS mail delivery time can be up to 14 days as sometimes it will take 10 days to get from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya post office.

Edited by Anon999

The last time I did a 90 day report I pointed out that the visa expires in 120 days so the immigration person matched my next report to correspond with the end date of my visa. I guess it just depends on the IM person involved.

happened twice to me that BKK Immigration cheated me for up to 2weeks for reporting early by mail

next time I added a friendly note to please give a new report date 90 days after last due date, not 90 days after they processed my report

worked fine

The officer gave you the slip that said that you had to do the next 90 day report on June 4th.

This was on March 4th

The Officer made a mistake, your next reporting date will be June 2nd. not the 4th.

I'm not sure if the 7 days after includes the reporting date or not, so I don't know if the 7 days after expires on the 8th or 9th.

But if you think that you can report 7 days after the 4th, you may be late. It doesn't matter that the officer put the wrong date on the slip, you may get fined

Once again there seems to be some confusion between visa, extensions of stay and 90 day reports.

You are expected to report each time, 90 days from your last report. If you report early, then you next need to report 90 days from that date, plus or minus whatever your Immigration office allows. 90 days from your last report, not the 90th day and the 180th day and the 270th day. 90 days from the last report.

The 90 day report is not an extension of stay and only indirectly connected to it. The extension of stay is for one year for those using the retirement option. You have permission to be in Thailand for one year. Even if you apply for the next one a bit early, you will be given an additional year beyond when your last extension of stay ended. If your last extension of stay ends on Jan 15th and you apply for a new one in December ( assuming your office allows that), the next extension of stay will be for another year and again end on Jan 15th.

You are not, in these instances, renewing a visa. Visas are issued by consulates and embassies. They are your letter of introduction to Immigrations in Thailand. Immigrations decides if they'll let you in and for how long and any other consideration. If you want to stay longer without going out of the country, you apply to Immigrations for an extension of stay not for a visa renewal.

thetefldon is not confused about visas, extensions of stay and 90-day reports in the substance of his post. (It is possible that he did not use the approved terminology, but his message is clear.)

If you are required to do 90-day reporting, you will get a slip of paper in your passport that tells you the next day you need to report on. You can report any time within 15 days before or 7 days after that date. When you report, your next date will be 90 days from the date on which you report. If you report 7 days early, your new date will be 83 days from your original reporting date. if you report 7 days late, your new date will be 97 days from your original reporting date. It pays to report 7 days late, because over time, it means fewer visits to the Immigration office.

In the context of extensions of stay and 90-day reporting, when you apply for an extension of stay, you have to put your address on the application form. In doing so, you thereby report your address (because some linguistic acts actually perform a real action in the world, for example, "with this ring I thee wed"), so you should not have to do 90-day reporting for another 90 days. The Thai Immigration office does not see things that way, though they should, because their actual practice supports it, in that if you leave the country while on a one-year extension and have a re-entry permit, when you return to Thailand, your new reporting date will be 90 days from when you re-entered the country. This is Thailand.

Thank you. No I wasn't confused despite the age. I did use the term permission to stay which with the blessing of hindsight was wrong. My little moan was about reporting my address early and not having a new date 90 days from the original date.

My recent report was mailed 15 days prior to my 90 day report date to Bangkok Div 1 immigration. I received the returned portion exactly 15 days later. Based on the dates on the returned portion and the EMS signature dates, immigration held my report until as near my date as possible (the original date was on a Sunday.)This gave me a reporting date 87 days from my last reporting date. This seems to agree with LB3,s post and was nice that immigration did not process it the day they received it according to EMS report. Even though mailing in the 90 report cause more reporting I find it very convenient.

happened twice to me that BKK Immigration cheated me for up to 2weeks for reporting early by mail

next time I added a friendly note to please give a new report date 90 days after last due date, not 90 days after they processed my report

worked fine

Same happened with me few days ago, got "cheated" for 2 weeks!

Last time was a bit late mailing, 8 days before, and when I got the slip back, a note was clipped on and painted yellow: "Please mail 15 days before the next time" .

Well, when doing that this time, they stamped 2 weeks before the 90 days!

We ARE in Thailand, LOS - Land of Smiles, right? But this is totally stupid, and the next time I´ll mail it 3-4 days before, the time it takes for the EMS to reach Laksi.

Edited by laurits

Your new date to report will be 90 days after making current report and you can report in a window of 15 days before until 7 days after that date without fine. If you leave Thailand new reporting date is 90 days from date of return (that being day one).

very professional...well done!

Amnat Charoen always wants a TM 47 when you renew your extension to stay. Therefore your next reporting date will be 90 days later. However, if you send your TM47 by post, (to Jomtien) as I do, then you cannot use the 7 days after window only the 14 days before one. The EMS mail delivery time can be up to 14 days as sometimes it will take 10 days to get from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya post office.

Bit puzzled as to how come your mailed TM47's go the pretty way via Suvarnabhumi! My last mailed TM47 to Maptaput (Rayong) also went a rather scenic route via Sri Racha, but it still reached its destination the following day.

worked fine

Same happened with me few days ago, got "cheated" for 2 weeks!

Last time was a bit late mailing, 8 days before, and when I got the slip back, a note was clipped on and painted yellow: "Please mail 15 days before the next time" .

Well, when doing that this time, they stamped 2 weeks before the 90 days!

We ARE in Thailand, LOS - Land of Smiles, right? But this is totally stupid, and the next time I´ll mail it 3-4 days before, the time it takes for the EMS to reach Laksi.

In that case don't be surprised if you receive a clipped-on note, this time painted in red: "If you continue flagrantly to disobey our previous request for you to mail 15 days before, it will be the firing squad for you, matey" wink.png

90-day reporting is a nonsense, no matter how often this tedious chore has to be performed. But the fact that I now effectively have to report every 75 days by post is definitely the lesser of 2 evils when compared to being stuck behind a lengthy queue of couriers submitting bumper-bundle reports on behalf of whole armies of workers on the nearby industrial estate, as were my experiences of reporting in person at Maptaput immediately prior to changing to the postal method.

And pity the poor Chiang Maians who are no longer permitted to file their 90-day reports by post - out of pure bloody-minded spite on their immigration office's part, I can only assume.sad.png

you must remember when deaaling with Thai's in the gov't KEEP IT SIMPLE! if you are a few days early you confuse them.

You must also remember that we are dealing with farangs, some that can not count to 90!

• Like 1