Three Thais Make The List Of Forbes' Seventh ' Heroes Of Philanthropy'

webfact

Very nice to read about super wealthy Thais giving something back to society. Heartening indeed. One wonders if there are more of these heroes? Or are they an anomaly here? There does not seem to be alot of that mentality here. Is that due to most of the wealth being new? In the US it took a long time before guys like Bill Gates, Ted Turner, Warren Buffett, and others really stepped this kind of activity up. May take some time before the RedBull and Singha types realize their level of obligation to Thai society. With great wealth comes great obligations to shepherd the fortune wisely.

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am shocked that the Shinawatra's attempts to improve the quality of life of Thailand's poor goes unrecognised by Forbes.

It seems massive failures funded by taxpayer's money and involving huge conflict of interest issues, just don't make the cut. Perhaps next year.

Do they not do a list on misanthropy too?

Just shows how even a feel good article about recognizing a few people that do give, regardless of the amount, can degenerate into muck by some of the misfits that post on Thai Visa.

I also thought it was a nice article to read, drinking my coffee after a good night' sleep.

I should not have bothered to read the comments.

Some on here are sooooooooooo obsessed by Thai politics, it's unbelievable.

Speak about charity... They feel obliged to bring their hatred for Thaksin in the thread, one way or the other. And it is like that for every other thread.

How boring.