Pricing Structure For Out Of Town Songthaews

WinnieTheKhwai

20b for short distances.

If he doesn't ask how much, it's 20b (or it was up until about 6months or a year ago, and assume it has changed in such a short time).

That is the standard price for thai's, and since they all know, they don't negotiate.

When they ask you how much, they are scamming you always (if its a short-ish distance). Just say 20b. If they ask for more or don't signal to go in the back, just walk off. Sometimes they call you back and say yes, but I would just wait for another one unless I'm tired or in a bad mood or in a hurry or can't be bothered waiting, so am often willing to pay a little more.

I have also had where I spoke in thai, yet he still asked how much (all in thai), and a local in the back told him off for trying to overcharge, and he told her to shutup because as I'd been speaking thai to him and he knew I understood her lol.

Oh and "from" the airport might be more ... I don't know what they charge locals for that. Normally I'm far too tired to give a sht and will just agree to 100b or something for 5km just go get home quickly after travelling.

Edited by maps424

Red Songthaews 20 baht. I just say hello in Thai and where I am going in English Some times they will name a higher price. Lately I have noticed more and more they are asking 30 baht.

I can't blame them as the cost of living is going up so I don't mind the 30 baht on a medium length trip. I am always going some where that they have a good chance of picking up fares. Of course you get the ones asking 40 or 50 baht I just say 30 and if they don't like it well they are like the fish in the ocean another one will come along.

Have no idea of what the yellow Songthaews charge. We just pay 20 baht when going from are doctor out towards Hangdong to the airport mall.

It's more than 20 THB from the Arcade Bus Station. Something to do with songtaews now having to pay the bus station to pick up passengers there since they opened the new terminal. Can't recall how much, perhaps 40 THB.

Yes 40 from the bus station and I have had no luck in getting them to take less. The bus station to Moon Muang soi 2 is a good distance so I have no problem with paying the 40bt.

if you walk about 200 m from Arcade, they will take you to Thapae Gate for 20. I always save the 50 THB fee at Don Mueng by walking through the parking garage to the main road. I avoid that sometimes long line at the taxi stand too.

if there is someone already in the songtaews,its 20bht for reasonably short distances otherwise best to ask.but i think you knew that already wtk.

I knew it for the red city ones of course. I started the topic to ask about the out of town routes, i.e. the white, yellow, blue, etc ones.

Anyway I paid 20 baht from Airport Plaza to World Club on the Hang Dong road, so I think that's in the ballpark.

Thanks!!

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

if there is someone already in the songtaews,its 20bht for reasonably short distances otherwise best to ask.but i think you knew that already wtk.

I knew it for the red city ones of course. I started the topic to ask about the out of town routes, i.e. the white, yellow, blue, etc ones.

Anyway I paid 20 baht from Airport Plaza to World Club on the Hang Dong road, so I think that's in the ballpark.

Thanks!!

Dallard Worarot>>Mae Rim,฿18

• Like 1