Pathumthani Rocked By College Gang Fights

webfact

Pathumthani Rocked By College Gang Fights

PATUMTHANI: -- Rival college gangs clashed with each other in Pathumthani, and another fight almost broke out in local hospital later where the gang members were sent to treat their wounds.

The clash between 2 gangs of student began around 09.00 yesterday, with some students seen throwing homemade explosives in direction of their rivals in front of Major Cineplex cinema, injuring a number of people. The students were from Pathumthani Technical School and Pathumthani Technology College.

After the incident, police arrested 23 people. The injured were sent to Pathumthani hospital. However, the gang members followed their injured friends there, and met with the rival gang in the hospital. Fistfights were about to ensue when police officers at the hospital broke up the groups in time.

There′s also report of some students firing their pen-pistols toward the of students at a bus stop in front of Soi Rungrueng. The police moved in to arrest the attackers, and identified them as students from Pathumthani Technology. 12 people were arrested afterwards.

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM01ESTFPVE0wTnc9PQ

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-06-04

A very stupid bunch of kids ....

Agreed. One of my friends was telling me he used to do the same as a kid. Took out one of his front teeth when I made a comment about getting teeth knocked out. I asked him why, he said 'sanook.'

You think some would outgrow it but apparently that isn't the case. Rough and tumble time yay!

• Like 1

Shouldn't students be expelled? Or is it just all a bit of fun for the kids, and their colleges aren't so serious about it. I'd suggest eliminating all uniforms from tertiary education, so all students become anonymous. It's hard to pick a fight when you don't know your enemy.

• Like 1

It is not only Thailand. We see the same thing in all over the world. School rivals, If we can't beat you during the game, wait till after. Football clubs all over the world, Liverpool and Manchester. How about the violence in Brazil. How many time have we saw a guy get beaten up because of a girl. Violence is the nature of the beast. Red shirts and Yellow shirts.

Confiscate their motorbikes and shave their heads.... actually... isn't throwing bombs around an act of terrorism.... give them 10 years minimum....just stop being so soft on these autistic baboons......

Agreed. Although fighting between rival gangs (usually school based ones or sometimes with links to criminal gangs) is common in western countries, I have yet to hear about bombs being used. That's terrorism as far as all normal people are concerned and should be treated as such.

These vocational school rivalries heat up from time to time. I think there was some talk about one of these schools relocating as the proximity increases the clashes.

The "bombs' are poppers, these get discharged at most schools, from time to time.

When they make zip guns in shop class invariably innocents get wounded or killed; they love shooting at a rival who happens to be on a crowded red bus. Last year two died in a clash between Thaivichitsilp Art School and Don Muang Technical School. Back in 2010 a nine-year old boy died, again on a bus, in a clash between Bangkapi School of Technology and Bangkok School of Industrial Technology.

Not sure what the HVAC guys do? Throw air-cons at each other?

The women's voke schools also get into brawls occasionally.

Edited by lomatopo

I am my father's son.

Take that, Ministry of Education and Health, and shove it way up where the Sun doesn't shine. You ignore the underlying facts and no amount of building castles in the sky will help you achieve success in any form. Go ahead; continue ignoring the parents. Remove their responsibilities and never hold them accountable. This is what happens, you dumb louts! You cannot raise other people's kids when those kids have such poor examples of humanity to fall back on when you try to correct them; and they will.

• Like 1

Wow just look at the frustrated magistrates and law-makers meting out wildwest justice-"hang em high it'll teach em a lesson"

Time to reign in your self loathing and anger little boys here in TV land-have another beer; drift away, back into the fog of unconsciousness where your opinions belong. Sheeesh!.

• Like 2

Wow just look at the frustrated magistrates and law-makers meting out wildwest justice-"hang em high it'll teach em a lesson"

Time to reign in your self loathing and anger little boys here in TV land-have another beer; drift away, back into the fog of unconsciousness where your opinions belong. Sheeesh!.

Why, so they can be company for your lonely opinions...coffee1.gif

How very interesting. I believe you had a right to your opinion up to the point of telling your own self to disband, have another beer; drift away, back into the fog of unconsciousness where your opinions belong.

About time they started holding the parents responsible.

And the teachers. Ask around and you'll find that at many of these 'technical colleges' there are plenty of teachers who openly encourage all of this.

• Like 1

I know of quite a few parents that are scared of their sons.

What do you suggest that parents do to control their children?

Use extreme violence? Well that's a good example.

Point out the errors of their ways? yes, that will work with these narcissistic teenagers.

One things parents can do is exercise more control while they are still seen as the power figure, while they are still young kids.

I see so many parents not set proper boundaries and will let their children get away with too much (especially the boys). They grow into young adults without learning that their actions have consequences in the real world. Then they need a short sharp shock.

I know of quite a few parents that are scared of their sons.

What do you suggest that parents do to control their children?

Use extreme violence? Well that's a good example.

Point out the errors of their ways? yes, that will work with these narcissistic teenagers.

One things parents can do is exercise more control while they are still seen as the power figure, while they are still young kids.

I see so many parents not set proper boundaries and will let their children get away with too much (especially the boys). They grow into young adults without learning that their actions have consequences in the real world. Then they need a short sharp shock.

My guess is the fear of losing money, or losing their own liberty will quickly help the parents get over the fear of their kids.

...autistic baboons......

Really? 'Autistic' is a derogatory term is it? One that you can use to describe violent thugs fighting in the street?

My friend's boy is autistic, I'll be sure and pass on your recommendation that 10 years in jail should sort him out.