Pay Pal With Krungsri

Anyone have Pay Pal with their Krungsri account?

And would you please clue me in how to set this up?

My primary objective is to receive money, not to use it for purchases.

I know many people use Kasikorn but with Kasikorn One Time Passwords come by SMS and I'm in Cambodia now.

While with Krungsri, my one time passwords comes by email.

First, set up a Paypal account. Next "verify" your Paypal account by going to PP home page, click on "Profile" then in the drop-down menu, click on "Update Bank Account."

Once the account is verified, Paypal can automatically draw money from your bank account. Any questions will be answered by the Paypal support email or phone.

To RECEIVE money at an ATM, Paypal will issue their debit Mastercard to you. To receive that, your account MAY have to be verified as above.

if you don't apply for the PP Mastercard, you can also transfer money received in your PP account to your bank account - but that takes 3-4 business days. You could then access the money AT the bank or at an ATM with your bank's debit card,

I've been using Paypal for 10 years to receive mney from the U.S. I have a PP debit card, so when someone sends me money, I can instantly get it at any ATM, GREAT SERVICE!!

• Like 1

I do not have all the details with me, but you need to have an account card and link the card to your bank account. The trickey bit was, I had to set it all up before I left Thailand because of the sms nonsense.

I am going to try to hook the account to a viber number which uses VOIP to send messages so I can get them anywhere in the wiorld, well that is the theory.

First, set up a Paypal account. Next "verify" your Paypal account by going to PP home page, click on "Profile" then in the drop-down menu, click on "Update Bank Account."

Once the account is verified, Paypal can automatically draw money from your bank account. Any questions will be answered by the Paypal support email or phone.

To RECEIVE money at an ATM, Paypal will issue their debit Mastercard to you. To receive that, your account MAY have to be verified as above.

if you don't apply for the PP Mastercard, you can also transfer money received in your PP account to your bank account - but that takes 3-4 business days. You could then access the money AT the bank or at an ATM with your bank's debit card,

I've been using Paypal for 10 years to receive mney from the U.S. I have a PP debit card, so when someone sends me money, I can instantly get it at any ATM, GREAT SERVICE!!

The procedure as described above does not work in Thailand.

1) Paypal cannot draw money from Thai bank accounts.

2) The Paypal debit Master card is only available to residents of the USA.

The only way to make paypal payments in Thailand is to use a credit or debit card. Any payment you make with your paypal account will directly deduct funds from your debit or credit card registered with paypal.

To get a Thai paypal account verified, paypal will deduct 75 Baht from your registered credit/debit card, the charge details on your debit/credit card transaction log/statement will include a paypal 4 digit code.

This code has then to be entered on your paypal account, after which you become verified.

The only way to withdraw funds from your paypal account is to transfer to a Thai bank account. Which takes several days and there are fees involved.

• Like 1

The procedure as described above does not work in Thailand.

1) Paypal cannot draw money from Thai bank accounts.

2) The Paypal debit Master card is only available to residents of the USA.

The only way to make paypal payments in Thailand is to use a credit or debit card. Any payment you make with your paypal account will directly deduct funds from your debit or credit card registered with paypal.

To get a Thai paypal account verified, paypal will deduct 75 Baht from your registered credit/debit card, the charge details on your debit/credit card transaction log/statement will include a paypal 4 digit code.

This code has then to be entered on your paypal account, after which you become verified.

The only way to withdraw funds from your paypal account is to transfer to a Thai bank account. Which takes several days and there are fees involved.

And don't forget when transferring money internationally using PayPal the PayPal exchange rate is used which is several percent lower than rates like the Thai bank TT Buying Rate used for incoming wire transfers. Basically, PayPal's lower exchange rate is a fee.
  • Like 1

Just add the bank that you want, fill in the account details and thats it... not hard. I use it for my American Account, K-Bank, and SCB. You can have multiple accounts attached for depositing. Thai Accounts take 5 business days to go through while my american account takes 2 days max! Lately I have been using my american ATM to withdrawl because of the speed and the fees are similar to what you get charged in currency conversions in paypal.

My suggestion is to add the bank information and make a small deposit to make sure everything works fine before you do any large money movements.

Thanks for all the helpful responses guys.

I have a question about currency conversion.

Are you saying that if moving money from a PayPal account to Krungsri Bank it cannot be done in dollars with Krungsri handling the currency conversion?

Or if the transfer is done in USD then the Thai bank will add a fee?

And if the transaction is done in baht there will be an extremely unfavorable exchange rate such as more than 2% lower than the interbank rate?

A slightly different question for you PayPal guys as I don't have a Paypal account yet.

My sole objective is that someone in the States owes me money and wants to pay me via PayPal.

I don't need the money urgently; it will just be sitting in my account.

I am in Cambodia.

I have two USA bank accounts but no mailing address or phone in the States and don't plan to return.

It seems if I have money transfered to my Krungsri account that the foreign exchange fees are exhorbitant.

Can almost any USA bank be linked to Paypal as the two banks that I have accounts with are not big banks like Citi, Chase etc? Is there a an online list of banks that can be linked to Paypal.

Also due to the Patriot Act opening accounts in the past have been a pain as I have no utillty bills or other similar stuff.

Is an email address and online banking with a small USA bank sufficient to open a PayPal account?

I only want to receive money from my friend and have access to it next year.

These may seem like elementary questions to you guys who have PayPal but they're driving me nuts!

A slightly different question for you PayPal guys as I don't have a Paypal account yet.

My sole objective is that someone in the States owes me money and wants to pay me via PayPal.

I don't need the money urgently; it will just be sitting in my account.

I am in Cambodia.

I have two USA bank accounts but no mailing address or phone in the States and don't plan to return.

It seems if I have money transfered to my Krungsri account that the foreign exchange fees are exhorbitant.

Can almost any USA bank be linked to Paypal as the two banks that I have accounts with are not big banks like Citi, Chase etc? Is there a an online list of banks that can be linked to Paypal.

Also due to the Patriot Act opening accounts in the past have been a pain as I have no utillty bills or other similar stuff.

Is an email address and online banking with a small USA bank sufficient to open a PayPal account?

I only want to receive money from my friend and have access to it next year.

These may seem like elementary questions to you guys who have PayPal but they're driving me nuts!

Yes email address and bank info from small bank will work fine. They are a good way to send money back and forth. I send my Mom money every month to subsidize her Social Security and have no problems I do not have my Thai bank linked just the US ones. So not sure how all that works but I am fine with just using the US banks for now. Hope that helps. One bank I have is online only and the other is a smaller bank in Louisiana. No issues so far and I have been using them for several years now. I send the sisters and their kids money for birthdays and Christmas this way also. You can send to family for free. Just click personal on the list instead of services. Regards, Dave

I know many people use Kasikorn but with Kasikorn One Time Passwords come by SMS and I'm in Cambodia now.

You should still be able to receive SMSs on your Thai phone while in Cambodia. Just enable it for international roaming. Easy to do even for pre-paid; it was for my DTAC using friends.

You should still be able to receive SMSs on your Thai phone while in Cambodia. Just enable it for international roaming. Easy to do even for pre-paid; it was for my DTAC using friends.

If I put my 1-2-Call Sim in my phone while in Cambodia I can't connect. Must I enable roaming while in Thailand or is there a way to do so outside Thailand?

If I put my 1-2-Call Sim in my phone while in Cambodia I can't connect. Must I enable roaming while in Thailand or is there a way to do so outside Thailand?
No nothing of 1-2-Call. Try their website. I've done it many times for DTAC numbers but always in Thailand BEFORE they went overseas where they can now get SMSs.

I don't know if this helps but I have two PayPal accounts setup with two different SCB accounts. I would guess that you should be able to do the same with Krungsri.

I have had issues with creating a Paypal account with SCB.

Are you using a debit card or credit card? I am attempting a debit card and Paypal will not accept it.

No nothing of 1-2-Call. Try their website. I've done it many times for DTAC numbers but always in Thailand BEFORE they went overseas where they can now get SMSs.

Yes, you need to tell them about roaming.

I don't know if this helps but I have two PayPal accounts setup with two different SCB accounts. I would guess that you should be able to do the same with Krungsri.

Are you using a debit card or credit card? I am attempting a debit card and Paypal will not accept it.

From reports it looks the debit card from SCB (which runs on the Mastercard network) is not accepted by Paypal.

The debit cards from Bangkok bank (Be1st) and from Kasikorn, both running on the Visa network, are working just fine. For the Kasikorn debit card you'll have to go to an ATM and register the card to be allowed to be used for online transactions first. You have to enter your phone number and will receive an sms after every online transaction.

From reports it looks the debit card from SCB (which runs on the Mastercard network) is not accepted by Paypal.

The debit cards from Bangkok bank (Be1st) and from Kasikorn, both running on the Visa network, are working just fine. For the Kasikorn debit card you'll have to go to an ATM and register the card to be allowed to be used for online transactions first. You have to enter your phone number and will receive an sms after every online transaction.

Thanks

For Kasikorn the internet use card is a virtual (no plastic issued) credit card totally separate from and with a different number from the physical plastic Visa/ATM card. It uses Verified by Visa system and an SMS is often sent PRIOR to an online transaction being processed in addition to an SMS being sent after on balance change.

For Kasikorn the internet use card is a virtual (no plastic issued) credit card totally separate from and with a different number from the physical plastic Visa/ATM card. It uses Verified by Visa system and an SMS is often sent PRIOR to an online transaction being processed in addition to an SMS being sent after on balance change.

I was referring to the actual debit card from K-bank and not the virtual k-web card.

Could be handy for people not using the k-cyber internet banking.

I was referring to the actual debit card from K-bank and not the virtual k-web card.

Could be handy for people not using the k-cyber internet banking.

And you said

For the Kasikorn debit card you'll have to go to an ATM and register the card to be allowed to be used for online transactions first.

Would you please detail the button pushes required to do this as I can't find them and manageress says "no have".

Next time I'm at an ATM I'll check.

Supposed to be under the same part where you activate your cyberbanking.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Found it now Monty, thanks anyway. Strange thing is that Kasikorn now seem to have two ways to do the same thing, one physical, one virtual. I've used the virtual one many times and never had trouble with it. Having now activated the physical one I'll have to give it a try sometime.

There are some small differences.

The virtual card is recognized by payment systems as a credit card, not a debit card.

The physical card can be used for example when buying an airline ticket for a third party, where you will actually have to make a photocopy of the card and your ID to give with the ticket holder to be shown when he/she checks in.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app