Pay For Iphone Monthly?

Neeeko

I’m looking to buy a iphone 4s but I am wondering if it’s possible for me to pay for it month by month eg; 2,500baht each month..

My friend said they think it’s possible with a credit card, but the card I have is just a SCB debit card.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

As far as I know, in Thailand you just pay full price for an unlocked phone and then choose your service afterwards, no 24 month contract with free phones etc.

But see if anyone else knows different first, that's just what I heard.

it will be difficult for you to get a contract for post-paid service.

You'll pay the same price for the phone - whether you buy from Apple Thailand store (shipped to you from factory in China in under a week, but exactly to your color/memory requirements, maybe with your name engraved on it) - or if you buy it from a telecom, which may be out of your preferred choice.

But you can get a Sim from whomever, and go into one of their outlets and get same services pre-paid, and for way less than say 2,500 bahts a month. If you mostly use it with free wi-fi for your data needs, you could probably spend about 600-900 baht a month (I mean, how many people you know in Thailand - how many calls can you make? - hey, text them!). If you need to spend over 1000 baht a month on a phone, then you are spending too much time on your damn phone!

You'll pay the same price for the phone - whether you buy from Apple Thailand store (shipped to you from factory in China in under a week, but exactly to your color/memory requirements, maybe with your name engraved on it) - or if you buy it from a telecom, which may be out of your preferred choice.

But you can get a Sim from whomever, and go into one of their outlets and get same services pre-paid, and for way less than say 2,500 bahts a month. If you mostly use it with free wi-fi for your data needs, you could probably spend about 600-900 baht a month (I mean, how many people you know in Thailand - how many calls can you make? - hey, text them!). If you need to spend over 1000 baht a month on a phone, then you are spending too much time on your damn phone!

The op is talking about the 10 month interest free deals that the service providers do on the phone's.

As for post pay. Very easy if you have work permit. Fairly easy if you have long term visa.. not sure if not.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The op is talking about the 10 month interest free deals that the service providers do on the phone's.

As for post pay. Very easy if you have work permit. Fairly easy if you have long term visa.. not sure if not.

wow, no where did I see where OP was talking about the 10 mo. interest free deals. My bad.

And for the deal, you have to do a 2500 baht per month package? wow! Somebody's getting ripped off!

wow, no where did I see where OP was talking about the 10 mo. interest free deals. My bad.

And for the deal, you have to do a 2500 baht per month package? wow! Somebody's getting ripped off!

No silly. That's just for the phone. 2500b x 10 = 25000b

The OP doesn't mention anything about a service contract (or "package"). He apparently wants to buy a phone that costs about Baht 25,000 by paying for it in installments. The common wisdom seems to be that it wouldn't normally be something offered by shops, but if he charged the phone on a credit card he could then pay it off with monthly installments to the card issuer with interest charges added.

Edited by Suradit69

The OP doesn't mention anything about a service contract (or "package"). He apparently wants to buy a phone that costs about Baht 25,000 by paying for it in installments. The common wisdom seems to be that it wouldn't normally be something offered by shops, but if he charged the phone on a credit card he could then pay it off with monthly installments to the card issuer with interest charges added.

No. Again many of the service providers have deals with the card companies were the sale is interest free for 10 months. If you do not pay it off in that time then interest is added. It shows as a separate sale. Also they generally give you a discounted monthly line rental package as well.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

I am pretty sure there are still some 4S promotions, but I do think you'd likely need to have an established presence in Thailand - bank account(s), credit card(s), income, a job, a visa, maybe a work permit.

Obviously you could borrow money from a loan shark or join a share.

Some of the promotions discount the phone price - with a financing option, but tie in a higher-tiered two-year service contract, like TrueMove H. Others, like DTAC, offer ten-month financing through financial service partners, but again tie-in a post-paid contract.

Maybe best to review the various service provider offers, then delve into the partner offers?

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/product/detail/454/iPhone_4S#promotion

http://www.dtac.co.th/device/apple/iphone4s.html

• Like 1

I will state what most of the posters will not. If you can not afford to buy the phone you want for cash, then find a cheaper phone. You are going to saddle yourself with debt, and then want to borrow money to buy service for the phone. It then never ends. Either save up for it, or buy a phone you can afford. You will be happier, I promise! Only use credit to maybe buy a home, and just maybe to buy a car. Anything else, you don't need it.