Death / Black Metal In Bangkok?

Italian guy

Queen Sirikit park is one of the three parks around Chatuchak market, same name but unrelated to Queen Sirikit MRT station or the convention centre.

If you come out of BTS Mo Chit like you're going to Chatuchak market and head back in the direction the BTS brought you from (south) then Kamphaeng Phet 3 is the right turn after the police/help centre and before the footbridge. I don't know where Live House is on Kamphaeng Phet 3 but there's a motorbike taxi stand on the right a few metres along Kamphaeng Phet 3, they're likely to know or be able to speak to someone there on your behalf:

Organiser's phone number 089 969 9616 - Name is Note, works for Extreme Unity Entertainment

Venue's number: 081 930 3633

If you ring them and get them to speak to one of the motorbike taxi guys they'll get you where you need to go

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Havok were pretty fair. Possessed were <deleted> banging though I only found about about that one at the last minute from a pal who works at Hollywood Awards,...

30 Seconds to Mars here soon at BITEC 5th April,

Children of Bodom if you can handle the whiny vocals at Centrepoint May 16th (Bang Na) shitty venue and at 40 quid for a tick, they can lick my shitty arse the fake tossers....

<deleted> to this gay <deleted>. Head to the Rock Pub or Immortal

There are a few goods heavy bands playing at Immortal on the 5th of April:

Ugoslabier - Thai band, never seen them but apparently more like emo/math metal

Degaruda - Thai band who are excellent live - kinda like fugazi or post-metal or something

Demon Sugar - Great farang stoner metal band

Deadtown Trash - Farang hard rock band, really good to watch

Brain Scrubber - Thai death metal, never seen them

Not really black or death metal (apart from Brain Scrubber), but some good heavier bands nontheless...

If you 'facebook' ( apologies for the hideous verb) then add ''The Rock Pub'','' Immortal Bar'' and Thailandrockmetal for all the updates...and remain bang in the loop...

Kreator @ Hollywood Awards on the 24th April....Impossible Brutality....'ave it...

Its so random some of these venues. I swear Ive spent more time in the last few years traveling around figuring places out than actually headbanging/moshing

not my video:

especially when you consider how some performances stick so strictly to the time schedule and frequently no warm up bands.

Edited by OxfordWill

Will,

Most professional level shows are held at The Rock Pub, Centrepoint Studio literally just around the corner from Bearing BTS - exit to the left and walk down a little way and first on the left) or Hollywood Awards in Rachada soi 8 (Cultural Centre MRT then a bike - it's very well known)

If you're not too sure where a venue is, try heading to The Rock Pub (right next to Rachatewi BTS on the otherside to the Asia Hotel) or Immortal Bar (a bit more difficult to find but is on the second floor of the Pyramid Building on Soi Sri Bun Choo Sri in Din Daeng - a short cab/Bike ride from Victory Monument) on or around show day where punters tend to congregate from early evening or you'll be sure to meet someone who knows where the venues are and will arrange to meet you or give you the address/directions in Thai for a cab.

I agree that the lack of support acts and prompt start times can be a pain in a city as unnavigable as Bangkok can be a pain.

If you're lucky, sometimes the bands even pop in the Rock Pub for a few drinks pre or post show as did members of Killswitch Engage and some of Hatebreed, Hell Yeah, Anthrax, Soulfly and Death Angel...

Rumours were abounding at the weekend, as they do annually about Ozzy/Metallica/Maiden and KISS etc this year but if I had a baht for every year the grapevine buzzes with such rumours I'd be well off....

It does seem clear that Bangkok (for whatever reason) is clearly on the radar of many name touring bands now. Lets hope for Opeth....

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, metalhead brothers! Any information about gigs in 2015? Thinking about to visit Bangkok for a week, gonna catch some. Where should i rent a room to be closer to some metal action? Information about Central Plaza shop, Chatuchak stores, Immortal and Rock bars are still actual?

P. S. Zygoatsis \m/,

Edited by Rokir

• 4 weeks later...