Honda Civic - Pros And Cons - (Semi Urgent)

Hi all,

Partners' car is on its last legs. I've been too busy to do much research. She likes the Civic and is getting ready to buy. Would appreciate thoughts on this car, other cars to look at which might be better, tips for buying, etc etc.

My priorities are safety, economy, durability and reliability.

A quick test drive yesterday left me feeling it was a little on the 'light' side.

I agree the Focus is worth a look. Having said that, you mentioned your priorities, but not those of your partner. If she is Thai, she might prefer the Civic, as that is more popular. Also, the updated model now I consider very nice looking. I didn't like the previous model. One complaint with the Civic among reviewers as been the "plasticy" interior, that it does not feel worthy of it's price from an interior viewpoint. I don't agree with that much. The size is nice, and generally a very nice car in that class. I haven't driven the new one, but as you said it feels a little light.

It's too bad you're in a hurry, because I would recommend the new Corolla, which has been radically redesigned, and is getting great reviews in the U.S., etc., but not yet launched here. I hated the previous Corolla (taxis), just from a styling and handling point of view.

Focus is getting great reviews, and as IMHO maybe infers, that is currently the best in class. The Ford is solidly built, and even the doors have a solid "clunk" when you close them that you don't get with the Honda.

My two cents or baht.

• Like 1

I don't like the Focus look, the Almeira Looks better imo. The Navi Civic and the Altis Sportive are both very nice, the Honda has it on handling and the Toyo on Interior finish and Silence. Also with Honda Service its never full of Trucks and Truck Based Suvs. Up to You . !1 There isn't really a Iffy Ride about these days ,exept the Cruze, and that beats any Focus on Looks.Ive looked at all the Fords, i like the Fiesta but im at a loss to find the door closing any different to Toyo, Proton Honda or Chevy to, in fact i found Mazda 3 much nicer all round.Done 20 K in 6 Months and am pleased with Honda all round.

• Like 1

Where do you/she drive? Can you justify the price of a new civic/focus/altis? I live in BKK, and if I had to sell my swift / civic, the civic would be on the losing end:) Having said that I would consider a new focus (check the gearbox issues have been rectified, though). But again, it's relatively heavy on fuel and you can't use all that power stuck in traffic:) My civic usually stays in the carport most of the time these days. The altis might be more fuel efficient with the CVT box.

My Wife and Sister bought 2 Accords ,knowing well in advance about the New Model, i thought they were silly, but i was wrong,they have just changed to 2 new ones and have lost nothing worth talking about. After 20 Years i still think Europe and talk out my Bum on Trade Ins. Still Rate IMHO as the best for Advice, after Me Of Course.1zgarz5.gif

Have a look at a Mini, they are a fantastic little car.

If the OP is looking at civic.... I doubt he is looking at 2 million + cars. >_>

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No mention of financial constrictions. The buyer may not even be aware of all the vehicle options or payment plans. Well what about a Fiat 500C? When ever woman see one they just about have an organism!

No mention of financial constrictions. The buyer may not even be aware of all the vehicle options or payment plans. Well what about a Fiat 500C? When ever woman see one they just about have an organism!

Wow they must be really impressed if they can spontaneously produce a speciesbiggrin.png