What Courses Are Available For A Thai To Do In The Uk

If I were to get a new contract job in the UK, and open my own limited company, I would like my wife to join me for the six months or so of the Initial contract. If she wanted to study what courses are available to her, or what would be the best way to get her there with me?

I know she could get a Family Visa quite easy as she has been there many times, also Visitor might be easy enough.

Also she would be the part owner of the company could she get a business visa to go there?

If she were to enter as a family or general visitor then she would not be able to study.

If she entered as business visitor she would not be able to study. See also What business activities can a business visitor do?

If she entered as a student visitor she can study; but to obtain a student visit visa she needs to show, among other things, that she has been accepted onto a course of study by an educational institution which meets one of the requirements here.

If she entered with a settlement visa then she could study any course she wished.

Rubberduck,

There are Thai temples all over the UK.

If she were to enter as a family or general visitor then she would not be able to study.

If she entered as business visitor she would not be able to study. See also What business activities can a business visitor do?

If she entered as a student visitor she can study; but to obtain a student visit visa she needs to show, among other things, that she has been accepted onto a course of study by an educational institution which meets one of the requirements here.

If she entered with a settlement visa then she could study any course she wished.

Rubberduck,

There are Thai temples all over the UK.

And you would have to pay as an International student.

Rubberduck,

There are Thai temples all over the UK. There are temples in different parts of the UK but not that many really.

MaprangHolmes, there's no benefit in quoting an entire post for nothing.

okay but as the director of a UK based company could she stay longer than 6 months?

What visa do you expect your wife to apply for, beano.

Your question is in reverse. It matters little whether she's a director unless you have both decided on her eventual residential status.

She wouldn't be able to be a director of a UK company - and take part in its formation with you whilst in the UK - on either a family/general, business or student, visit visa.

Is what you said correct?

"You do not have to be resident in the UK to become a director although some

people not of British nationality are restricted as to what work they may do if

they wish to physically come to this country"

http://www.businesslegal.ltd.uk/php/company_director_FAQ.php

She wouldn't be able to be a director of a UK company - and take part in its formation with you whilst in the UK - on either a family/general, business or student, visit visa.

Anyone, anywhere in the world, regardless of any UK immigration status, can form a UK company.

The question here is, can it be done whilst in the UK, and can being a UK company director be used to remain in the UK. To do so requires the correct entry clearance. The relevant PBS Tiers in this case.

I thought my post was clear.

Edited by bangkockney

Anyone, anywhere in the world, regardless of any UK immigration status, can form a UK company.

The question here is, can it be done whilst in the UK, and can being a UK company director be used to remain in the UK. To do so requires the correct entry clearance. The relevant PBS Tiers in this case.

I thought my post was clear.

I thought that your post said that she could not be a UK Director, the extract says that she does not have to be a UK resident to be a Director but that would not give he the right to be in the UK but it was clear that she could be a Director.

I actually used two dashes (not one as you claim) and did so for emphasises of the component contained within said dashes.

Why has this become a grammar lesson? I can recommend you some books for your private perusal instead. So, enough now.

Edited by bangkockney
  • Like 1

"She wouldn't be able to be a director of a UK company - and take part in its formation with you whilst in the UK - on either a family/general, business or student, visit visa."

I am trying to understand the point that you raised but if you don't want to elaborate fine. She can be a Director and non resident but can't take part in the setting up of the company if she is in the UK. Is that correct?

Which bit can'y she do, be the Director, help set up the company or both?

She can't travel to the UK, form a UK company and subsequently become a director of said UK company, without entry clearance that allows it - PBS as applicable or settlement.

I am interested to know in case I want to do the same. So I can't appoint my wife as a Director of a Limited Company that I am a Director and shareholder of if she is not in the UK?

Haven't we already been through this?

If someone wants to come to the UK and form a company, they need an appropriate visa.

Similarly, if someone wants to come to the UK and work for the company they are a director of, they need an appropriate visa.

Obviously, the same person can come to the UK for other purposes (visit, study etc) but must in no way engage in any activity with their UK company that contravenes the visa they have.

Your wife can be a director just as I, a non-UK resident am a UK company director.

Where's the confusion?

Edited by bangkockney
  • Like 1