Faithful Phuket Dog Stays With Dead Swedish Mistress

webfact

Faithful Phuket dog stays with dead Swedish mistress
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1370844388_1.jpg
Aino and her dog in happier times. Photo: Chalong News

PHUKET: A faithful dog stayed with his Swedish mistress despite the fact that she had been dead for seven to 10 days.

The dog was found last night (June 9), just after 6pm, at the Chalong home of 56-year-old Aino Marianne Seppala of Sweden, after a neighbour reported a foul smell coming from Ms Seppala’s house. The neighbour had not seen her for many days.

The cause of death is not yet known. The Swedish Consulate has been informed.

Ms Seppala’s sister, who lives nearby, will take care of the faithful dog.

Chalong Police inspector Pol Lt Wutthiwat Liangboonjida told The Phuket News that Ms Seppala might have died from a disease, because there were a lot of pills in her house.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/faithful-phuket-dog-stays-with-dead-swedish-mistress-40025.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-06-10

Great sister! Stays 'nearby' but doesn't notice her sister missing for 7-10 days.

Wow. Hasn't occurred to you at all that perhaps they had separate lives and not communicating for a few days was normal for them?

How deeply compassionate...

It's also possible that, if she did have a terminal illness, she deliberately withheld this information from friends and family.

Great sister! Stays 'nearby' but doesn't notice her sister missing for 7-10 days.

Wow. Hasn't occurred to you at all that perhaps they had separate lives and not communicating for a few days was normal for them?

I think he/she is just stating the obvious. Someone else will always read something else into it.....

And from what I read they were in Phuket not living in downtown Stockholm i.e. regular life, regular family etc.

Next thing we will have someone saying that 'sis' had her taken out.

I think he/she is just stating the obvious. Someone else will always read something else into it.....

And from what I read they were in Phuket not living in downtown Stockholm i.e. regular life, regular family etc.

Here we have a piece about the 'faithful dog' and suddenly its all about the 'sister', the 'family', possibly 'this' and possibly 'that'. How many people missed their calling here of being gossips or detectives.

How about the dog guys!! The dog did good here. You're always complaining about us now one of us does good its possibly this and possibly that. Where are you at!!

• Like 2

........I don't like to hear 'they were probably sick.or ill..or had a medical condition..because pills or medication were found..and 'that's why they died'....

(...unless substantiated....all possibilities have to be considered......including...who might profit or benefit from the person's demise...)

What an absolutely ridiculous nonsense reply, to a situation you know nothing about?

Can you try to imagine, even for one minute, the grief the sister and perhaps other family may be going through.......and.......nothing to do with who lived where!

Hang your head in shame!

Edited by fishhooks
  • Like 2

Here we have a piece about the 'faithful dog' and suddenly its all about the 'sister', the 'family', possibly 'this' and possibly 'that'. How many people missed their calling here of being gossips or detectives.

How about the dog guys!! The dog did good here. You're always complaining about us now one of us does good its possibly this and possibly that. Where are you at!!

Very sad, of course, when anyone dies, but how did the "faithful dog" do "good" for goodness sake? What did it do? it's an animal that did nothing except stay in the place that it was, presumably, incarcerated in with it's late owner.

Aside from the tragedy -

The article's title is written a little "odd" to me.

Maybe in PROPER English its fine BUT - dog and mistress don't go together so well in American-ese.

(PS - Over here we say "owner" as in "pet owner" - caretaker or master would have also been ok.)

Edited by JeffreyWitty