Samui Seaplanes

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been here for a couple of months now.

You're not promoting it by any chance :o

No, don't worry :D ; Just that I didnt hear about it before; was it mentioned on TV before?

If so, I must have missed it.

LaoPo

I think it has been grounded for the time being.Something to do with extra licence requirements.The pilot does post on here sometimes, he might clarify the matter.

Thanks Limbos.

Anything about fare-prices? The website doesn't tell.

LaoPo

went on visa run with them a couple of months ago, 5,500 all in except ya 5 dollars

No license to carry passengers yet !!!!!! :o

They had a problem with licence I hear, waiting for update .

Edited by Rooo

Until a couple of weeks ago no license to carry passengers.....just give 'em a call and see what they say. Plane is usally parked at USM airport (though I understand they have secured a landing strip (on water) somewhere), and sometimes they take the plane for a ride along Chaweng Beach, flying no higher than 100 meters :o from ground and beach.....seen it all.......

So even CoCo is bending the laws a little to suit them.

Puts a different light on all there other businesses. They seemed the only one that was doing well within the boundaries of the law.

Ah well...

Are there any (building)-boundary laws?

Hmmm....don't know if anybody have seen the development they 'created' in the north, close to Samrong beach, with so many villas built that the roofs almost touch each other. :D distance? a mere 1 1/2 or 2 meters...you can not only 'smell' but also see the food your neigbours are cooking :D and if you don't close the curtains in the bedroom... :o

LaoPo

So even CoCo is bending the laws a little to suit them.

Puts a different light on all there other businesses. They seemed the only one that was doing well within the boundaries of the law.

Ah well...

No Kuhn Jean you misinterpreted what I was saying.What I was told is they had the correct paper work, then all of a sudden they were required to get an additinal permit.So they were not breaking the law whilst they were operating,but since the new requirements, they suspended paying flights.

My husband was one of the passenger on their first flight to Myanmar. It took them only a couple of hours to do their visarun and head back to Koh Samui. This was a couple of months ago and the price then was 5000 baht as it was their first flight (excl. airporttax airport Samui). I thought they eventually want to ask around 9000 baht.

My husband was one of the passenger on their first flight to Myanmar. It took them only a couple of hours to do their visarun and head back to Koh Samui. This was a couple of months ago and the price then was 5000 baht as it was their first flight (excl. airporttax airport Samui). I thought they eventually want to ask around 9000 baht.

Interesting to read.

Did they take off/land on sea (Samui/Myanmar) or normal airport?

5K doesn't sound too bad for a visa-run :D have breakfast and dinner at home and 'visit' another country inbetween... :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Interesting to read.

5K doesn't sound too bad for a visa-run :D have breakfast and dinner at home and 'visit' another country inbetween... :o

LaoPo

no landing on the sea just airport to airport

Interesting to read.

5K doesn't sound too bad for a visa-run :D have breakfast and dinner at home and 'visit' another country inbetween... :D

LaoPo

no landing on the sea just airport to airport

So....why a seaplane....? :o would be fun to experience a seaplane!

LaoPo

Some more information----The Seaplane operation is planned to commence over the next month or two once the final Approvals have been received from the Thai DCA.

It is planned to operate regular charter operations to Ranong Airport for Visa renewals and scenic and charter flights on demand.

Operations off the water to Koh Tao and Ang Thon are planned for the future but additional

certification and environmental approval is required.

Once water landings are approved the aircraft will be able to be used for Emergency Medical evacuation from the Islands and search and rescue work if required.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have any recent news on this operation? My thai staff informed me that Coco Seaplanes was on the Thai news yesterday (or day before) and has been seized for undertaing operations it was not licensed to do (i.e. take paying passengers). Evidently it also stated that the whole company was under investigation.