Accomodation Near Oz Embassy

I know this question has been mentioned before but bugger me if I could find it in a search!

Does anyone know the details (name and phone number) of a reasonably cheap hotel or guesthouse close to the Australian embassy?

Regards

Dave :o

Evergreen Laurel Hotel is almost right across Sathorn from the embassy.

http://www.evergreen-hotels.com/Web/Winesh...=16&GoHome=true

There's also metropolitan hotel on South Sathorn within walking distance from the embassy.

There are also nice, rather upscale serviced apartments where you can stay from one night in Soi Suanplu (two on east side not so deep in the soi), about 5 minutes walk from the embassy.

And there's one cheap, guest house looking place with a Farang name that I can't recall ("Mike's Place" or something like that) which is probably the closest place to the embassy you can stay, perhaps 2 minutes walk from the embassy. It's located right in between the OZ embassy and the YMCA (or YWCA?). Above-mentioned metropolitan hotel (boutique hotel as I recall) is also in this area.

Edited by Nordlys

A mate of mine stays at the Malaysia Hotel.

I have never stayed there but I have heard that it is within easy walking distance to the embassy, it's cheap.....and another report I had was that it is rather nasty too.

If it is only for one or two nights, it may suit your needs and should suit your budget.

http://www.ethaihotel.com/malaysia_hotel.php

I stayed at a very cheap hotel within 50 m of the embassy. It was about 400 baht per night but was very basic to say the least.

As you look at the embassy from the road there is a large driveway for the malaysian embassy. Next to the driveway going away from the embassy you will see a restaurant with a driveway next to it going into an internal carpark for this particular building. If you go into the restaurant you will see the reception for the hotel. Further down the driveway for this building is a translation service, travel agents and other offices.

Like I said it is a budget hotel but its accessability to the embassy is great. The restaurant food is ok and also handy to the embassy.

Sorry but I cant remember the name of the hotel.

Good luck

I stayed at a very cheap hotel within 50 m of the embassy. It was about 400 baht per night but was very basic to say the least.

As you look at the embassy from the road there is a large driveway for the malaysian embassy. Next to the driveway going away from the embassy you will see a restaurant with a driveway next to it going into an internal carpark for this particular building. If you go into the restaurant you will see the reception for the hotel. Further down the driveway for this building is a translation service, travel agents and other offices.

Like I said it is a budget hotel but its accessability to the embassy is great. The restaurant food is ok and also handy to the embassy.

Sorry but I cant remember the name of the hotel.

Good luck

I forgot to mention that the hotel is situated to the left of the embassy as you are looking at it from the road.

Sorry about that :o