postage

willfreeman

a canadian mate left some stuff with me whilst he travelled on through south east asia and now looks like he wont be heading back this way and hes asked if i can post it back for him,its a backpack and a tent.

he said just fed ex it, ive only seen one fed ex building out by makro is there any in town - im near kad san keaw

or would it be cheaper, better, more reliable to go through thai post office?

any input appreciated as i seen people complaining about using fed ex, not sure if that was for goods coming into thailand not goods going out

thankyou

Use the post office. Send it Economy (by sea) or SAL otherwise it will cost a lot of money. (I expect a backpack and tent to be very heavy). Even then, it could be expensive. I just sent a 3 kg. package to Canada and it was about 2,100 THB by air. I think a backpack and tent would be much more than 3 kg. FedEX would be at least 3X that.

Fed X will send it straight to customs in the country you send it to. Thereby taking longer to receive and a possibility of being taxed.

Never never never have any thing Fed X to Thailand we had a parcel that sat in customs for over a week while they sent back to a cousin of mine who was sending it to her girl to get the value.

Fed X charged an extra 1,350 baht for handling it I forget what the duty was but it was higher than the product. It was an ATM card and a little package of marshmallow bunnies. It was Easter time.

Use the post office. Send it Economy (by sea) or SAL otherwise it will cost a lot of money. (I expect a backpack and tent to be very heavy). Even then, it could be expensive. I just sent a 3 kg. package to Canada and it was about 2,100 THB by air. I think a backpack and tent would be much more than 3 kg. FedEX would be at least 3X that.

Don't know the exact difference in cost, but I believe this is very good advice.