Unlocking iPhone 4S in Thailand

bharr

Hi

Wonder if anyone here can help me

I brought my iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.3 Firmware 3.4.03 with me to Thailand intending to use it as a wifi only device.

Now, I find I'm desperate to get Internet as where I live in Koh Chang has virtually no wifi. I thought I would use phone as hotspot. However, it's locked to Vodaphone UK and I cannot unlock through Vodaphone as I bought on eBay for a good price but don't have account details. Spoke with Vodaphone customer service and they state that they cannot unlock. I also tried a few scammers on Internet who had glossy websites but don't work.

I would appreciate any info on how to unlock to a point to a good info source. I can bring my ipad to work and use wifi there but not at home.

Many thanks

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Many many phone shops around can unlock anything, not expensive either, but don't know about there, if you were in BKK I'd recommend 4th floor MBK.

However note that I have found public WiFi services to be abysmally slow, not too different from what you get via Edge sometimes.

Depending on how long you're living there, you may just want to set up to get a dedicated wired connection, maybe B400 per month, many vendors throw in your own personal WiFi router if you commit for a year contract. I personally have had great service from True.

I brought my iPhone 4S from aus and was told due to the Optus operating system on it , it could not be unlocked and used in thai as it was locked to the country I bought it from, many are not but in aus. No good for me.

Thanks for this. I'll be moving to Chanthaburi in a few weeks. Hope to be here for a year or more so wired connection sounds like the best way forward for me. I can use iPhone on WiFi only.

• 3 weeks later...

Many many phone shops around can unlock anything, not expensive either, but don't know about there, if you were in BKK I'd recommend 4th floor MBK.

However note that I have found public WiFi services to be abysmally slow, not too different from what you get via Edge sometimes.

Depending on how long you're living there, you may just want to set up to get a dedicated wired connection, maybe B400 per month, many vendors throw in your own personal WiFi router if you commit for a year contract. I personally have had great service from True.

Thanks. I'm in Bangkok for a few days now. What is MBK?

Cheers

Brian

Thanks. I'm in Bangkok for a few days now. What is MBK?

Cheers

Brian

Oops. Just checked on Google and found it.

Did you try searching ebay for 'iPhone 4s factory unlock vodaphone uk'? I unlocked a AT&T locked phone via ebay...I can see there is one for voda too.

Good luck.

I'll try that. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

DigitalUnlocking company is a leader in the wholesale of services to unlock the iPhone including Vodafone network and not onluy in UK. We have processed more than 100k+ orders! Today, we offer commercial offers that will help you earn by selling services to unlock the iPhone for very cheap prices.

Here are the contact details:

[email protected]

Have been modding iPhones and what not for a long long time. I'd get back on the phone to voda and ask to speak to a manager. Regardless of the previous owner as long as they haven't reported it stolen giving them your imei and requesting to have the sim locked removed is all ya gotta say. Not sure what they will charge will soon let you know at least u know it will be done not like 99% of these scammer sites. The 1% that actually aren't will have to contact voda anyways ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by adweb00

A lot cheaper way is a gevey sim imposer. Don't bother buying one locally as 99.9% are Chinese copies and will have more problems. Buy one online do a search sit that in the sim tray sim on top and will be good to go ;) Just don't upgrade to 7.0.3 stay on 6.1.3 ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app