TOT Iptv - anyone tried it?

greatjob

For about the same price as TOT Iptv, you could have CTH which has all the channels

that TOT has and more,plus if you are interested EPL, football, all matches.depending

on your location you can either have it by cable or satellite.

Google CTH Thailand and it will give you an idea about what they offer and prices.

regards Worgeordie

Thank you for this! There is a CTH Fair being presented in Bangkok, opening TODAY! What timing! It's 20 - 23 June at the Parc Paragon (Siam Paragon's 5th floor exhibition space). Going ASAP!

I've had it a couple of months now, works fine. One thing to note, their "box" uses a droid Os I believe, and you can easily time shift and view older programming (or cut out commercials, etc). I mainly got it for decent News channels. You can use it on a computer with a user name and password, BUT only some programming is available. You need a minimum speed of 6M down (they say). I had 9M, they upgraded it to 10M (tot Wireless), and my bill (with phone) is only 300B more than before . This way I can get FOX,SKY, and (via sky news) the CBS evening news, as well as euro news, DW Al J, etc Only downside is some programming while originally in English, is in Thai, and no way to get original language (although they said they are trying to get agreements on that). 1300-1400B vs 2300B for True= no contest

• Like 1

CTH is having a BIG launch this weekend in the entire outdoor area between Paragon and Siam Centre (that is actually "Paragon Parc"). Very little in English but ... satellite version has 114 channels and 500 baht installation but not other fees, then the standard monthly for maximum coverage at 899 baht/month on 6- month contract (minimum required), less for longer contracts - a lot less. Cable version has 140 channels but seems that most are simply duplicates; plus, limited installation base in place for cable placement.

I'm converting from True tomorrow!

Oh but ... NO BBC, CNN "for now". But does have Australia News Network.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just wanted to give you an update on the TOT Iptv. I did take the plunge and got the "free package" (it includes Star World HD as a test-run).

• The quality is ok but it is not really HD. I am not sure if it uses lots of bandwidth (I have the 10MB/1MB from TOT) but my internet is slow when I have it on.
  • The box runs Android and it is very slow. There is no way to upgrade or update the firmware. I think the box just does not have enough RAM to process the video
  • The box reset itself a few times per day, sometimes in the middle of a show
  • Changing channels takes time and when it loads the new channel, the quality is low, then get better and finally is ok.
  • It is NOT by any means a replacement to a cable/satellite system, it is more frustrating than anything

I have now changed my TrueVisions package to Super Knowledge and for 590 Baht I have the channels I need (including HD Golf, H2 HD, Fox Family HD and the Discovery package+Disney, no National Geographic or Discovery Channel though....). I will give the IPTV a break (it is free anyway), hopefully it will get better later.

I think TrueVisions has a new package coming soon called "Super Family" for 890 Baht, it could be good value with CNN and movies and channels for the whole family, will see.

GJ

Edited by greatjob

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I just wanted to give you an update on the TOT Iptv. I did take the plunge and got the "free package" (it includes Star World HD as a test-run).

• The quality is ok but it is not really HD. I am not sure if it uses lots of bandwidth (I have the 10MB/1MB from TOT) but my internet is slow when I have it on.
  • The box runs Android and it is very slow. There is no way to upgrade or update the firmware. I think the box just does not have enough RAM to process the video
  • Changing channels takes time and when it loads the new channel, the quality is low, then get better and finally is ok.
  • It is NOT by any means a replacement to a cable/satellite system, it is more frustrating than anything

I have now changed my TrueVisions package to Super Knowledge and for 590 Baht I have the channels I need (including HD Golf, H2 HD, Fox Family HD and the Discovery package+Disney, no National Geographic or Discovery Channel though....). I will give the IPTV a break (it is free anyway), hopefully it will get better later.

I think TrueVisions has a new package coming soon called "Super Family" for 890 Baht, it could be good value with CNN and movies and channels for the whole family, will see.

GJ

Are you sure, we just stopped our TRUE for the IPTV from TOT, runs fine for me you know, the box as wel is running fast enough and HD is HD quality.

But what kind of package do you have had from TOT did you had a regular connection or the fiber cable connection?

• Like 1

Hi,

GJ

Are you sure, we just stopped our TRUE for the IPTV from TOT, runs fine for me you know, the box as wel is running fast enough and HD is HD quality.

But what kind of package do you have had from TOT did you had a regular connection or the fiber cable connection?

Maybe it got better in the past few months but all the HD channels that I had were far from being real HD.

It is an android box, I hope they have updated it. By the way, lots of channels (including CNN) will never be on the box because True owns the rights in Thailand.

GJ

Hi,

GJ

Maybe it got better in the past few months but all the HD channels that I had were far from being real HD.

It is an android box, I hope they have updated it. By the way, lots of channels (including CNN) will never be on the box because True owns the rights in Thailand.

GJ

No problem for CNN on the IPTV box you just go to the browser function visit this site: http://www.playlivenews.com/2010/08/watch-cnn-news-live/ and watch CNN live smile.png

• Like 1

• 7 months later...