The World Cruise Ship

.... honestly I think it's obscene to even talk about people like this in a world were most people have not enough money or food to survive in a human way.

But then again ... people just don't think like this anymore these days. It's really sad.

sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

Well that's pretty negative Brain.

So - some doddery OAP's who like to travel and cannot - have bought apartments and units on a cruise ship. Compared to prices in more 'up-market areas of the US cities - these units are quite cheap. Why begrudge them the opportunity to travel? (After all - you have traveled.) This way - they can travel in a safe and protected environment (with medical care on hand).

So - going of topic slightly - think about the billionaires in India, China, Eastern Europe, the Gulf, Africa etc who are corrupt and steal millions of dollars every month.

The few people on this ship are a drop in the ocean compared to the 'politicians' in the world. Please try and keep things in perspective.

On the plus side - I quite like to see the cruise ships sail between the islands, and the money that is spent on 'shore leave' is good for the economy. Remember that there is no such thing as bad publicity. So all in all - a plus for Samui. What did Bill Gates do for the island?

So - let's not hi-jack the thread in to an 'all that is wrong with the world'.

Samui will benifit from this trip - and there is less exploitation in this project than in most other places.

The units are well priced starting at 600,000 usd for a studio , but the monthly cost of upkeep is 20,000 usd ...

But depending on how long they stay it will be a massive boast to the economy on the inland

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app

This is fantastic news ... my life has a brand new meaning now after this extraordinary enlightenment of a ship coming to Samui in 1 1/2 years clap2.gif

Actually, that was what I literally felt. I didn't even knew about this ship and after I read about this, one of my new goals in life is to be able to live a few years on this ship…

I'm so sick and tired of "the poor" who always loathe at whatever "the rich" are doing. So what is the problem of people spending their own cash? Because there are people starving in Africa, then the rich should not spend their money?

You know, things are a lot more complicated than what you think.

It's not like they're burning their money or something. This boat for example requires a lot of crew which provides lots of good paid jobs.

Looking at the comments here, it seems that most of you "poor folks" are the ones lacking the brains.

.... honestly I think it's obscene to even talk about people like this in a world were most people have not enough money or food to survive in a human way.

But then again ... people just don't think like this anymore these days. It's really sad.

sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

I guess you must be having a hard time living here in Samui!cheesy.gif

sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

To some one surviving on $2 USD per day you are super rich...

If I had the money and were the type of person who would take long cruises I would sign up tomorrow. Cruising without the hassles and the drunk partying Phucket and KoPhangan type visitor who spend all their time partying full moon or not.

My guess is 6 months a year on that would be paradise.

Edited by harrry

I presume the usual place as all the other cruise ships which are even way bigger than this one.

In the ocean just a mile or so outside Nathon.

that's not docking is it, docking requires a dock or even a pier, Samui has none that would come close to being able to cope with a ship this size. I think anchor off shore is the correct term as all the others do out to sea off Nathon, then tender/ferry people in.

OMG!!! talk about knit picking.... w00t.gifcoffee1.gif

Of course they will anchor, out in the deeper waters. They are going to get all the Jet Ski's on the island to run every one in, just to give the passengers a thrill ..... whistling.gifrolleyes.gif

Edited by samuijimmy