Visa's In Chumphon

timber

I went to get my visa renewed in Ranong and the guy who prepared it said that they have been doing Visa's in Chumphon

for five days. Still haven't found the place yet in two trips. Have a friend who did there 90 days there. But didn't work real

hard at it.

Are you referring to the extension of stay where you do your 90 day reporting? Big tesco lotus has Thai immigration staff come on the 2nd tuesday of every month. I think it is now 2nd and 4th tuesday. Can someone please confirm which tuesdays it is just to be sure?

Visa runs are done at Fame and perhaps farang bar may also have some contacts.

I would also post in the visas section as visa members are more active there.

Some visas can be done at Tesco Lotus on 2nd Wednesday indeed.

90 days can be made at Chumphon Immigration office. (just north of Pathompon intersection).

When coming from Bangkok it is 3rd house before last just before u turn left to go to Chumphon.

• 4 weeks later...

The new immigration office is at the main intersection (same side as Makro,Tesco ect) by the flyover.

They are only doing the same as when it was at Tesco at the moment with more services to follow.

can you be more specific here? you mean the overpass going to ranong from chumphon town ?

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the office in Chumphon today to ask about doing my annual extension on my non O visa due to the mobile team not being at Tesco because of the holiday on Tuesday, the officer my wife spoke to said visa renewals have to be done at Ranong from now on, Tesco is no longer allowing Immigration to use thier facilities anymore, the officer didn't give a reason. 90 day extensions, 90 day reporting and re-entry permits are done at the Chumphon office, but visa extensions are done at Ranong.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I went to the office in Chumphon today to ask about doing my annual extension on my non O visa due to the mobile team not being at Tesco because of the holiday on Tuesday, the officer my wife spoke to said visa renewals have to be done at Ranong from now on, Tesco is no longer allowing Immigration to use thier facilities anymore, the officer didn't give a reason. 90 day extensions, 90 day reporting and re-entry permits are done at the Chumphon office, but visa extensions are done at Ranong.

So the Chumphon office is open daily? Can someone comment on the hours of operation?

So the Chumphon office is open daily?  Can someone comment on the hours of operation?

There is a notice on the door, open seven days, I think 8:30 - 4:30 Monday to Friday and 9:00 - 4:00 Saturday and Sunday. I only had a quick look.

I submitted my visa extensions application at Ranong today, the officer told me that people married to Thai have a new cor ror 22 (marriage registration) to be supplied every year, the reason given is because some foreigners have married a Thai, been issued a visa and then separated or divorced from the Thai, one year later the foreigner arrives alone at Immigration to renew thier visa the officers calls the Thai and discovers the marital situation, the foreigner is then denied a visa. I also asked about residency permits, he said that Immigration is no longer doing residency permits.

I submitted my visa extensions application at Ranong today, the officer told me that people married to Thai have a new cor ror 22 (marriage registration) to be supplied every year, the reason given is because some foreigners have married a Thai, been issued a visa and then separated or divorced from the Thai, one year later the foreigner arrives alone at Immigration to renew thier visa the officers calls the Thai and discovers the marital situation, the foreigner is then denied a visa. I also asked about residency permits, he said that Immigration is no longer doing residency permits.

I've had to supply confirmation of my marriage paper every year for the past 6 or more years, here in Phuket. Have to goto the local registration office and pay 20 baht for an update paper. This seems to be the case all over Thailand.

I've had to supply confirmation of my marriage paper every year for the past 6 or more years, here in Phuket. Have to goto the local registration office and pay 20 baht for an update paper. This seems to be the case all over Thailand.

Up until this year I have only had to provide a copy of the original one I was issued at the local ampur office three years ago.

........I also asked about residency permits, he said that Immigration is no longer doing residency permits.

Is this the office in chumphon town or ranong immigration office? Or all of thailand? How else would a foreigner get a drivers license, motor vehicle registration, etc.

........I also asked about residency permits, he said that Immigration is no longer doing residency permits.

Is this the office in chumphon town or ranong immigration office?  Or all of thailand?  How else would a foreigner get a drivers license, motor vehicle registration, etc.

Resident permits were done through the Ranong office, this is the permit which is something like the resident visa in other countries, except not permanent, had to be renewed every five years, you need your permission to stay slip (90 day report) to get a licence.

Resident permits were done through the Ranong office, this is the permit which is something like the resident visa in other countries, except not permanent, had to be renewed every five years, you need your permission to stay slip (90 day report) to get a licence.

I was thinking of resident certificate or certificate of residence that is used to obtain drivers license, register motorbike, open bank accts, etc.

I have an attachment of that application somewhere.

"...the 2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app (Galaxy Note 2).

I was thinking of resident certificate or certificate of residence that is used to obtain drivers license, register motorbike, open bank accts, etc.

I have an attachment of that application somewhere.

"...the 2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app (Galaxy Note 2).

When I wanted to open my bank account and when I wanted to get my drivers licence I had get a letter from Immigration that was proof of residence and that gave me permission to open an account and get a licence, a different letter for each purpose, I had to go to Ranong for bank but the licencing centre took a copy of my passport and permission to stay and they sent off to Ranong for the letter. Is that what you mean?

Yes, the proof of residence or certificate of residence needed as a foreigner to perform certain tasks.

The registering of motorbike and licensing is a bit more official and needs proof of residence. Savings bank account can be done sometimes with passport only, depending on the location of the bank and perogative of the bank manager

Anything to do with a government department, you need a Letter Of Proof of Residence from immigration.

Even if you are doing 2 different tasks at the same office, you need 2 originals,eg: renew car & bike licence same day, need 2 originals & 2 sets of photocopies of the relevant documents ( copies passport pages etc.. )

Anything to do with a government department, you need a Letter Of Proof of Residence from immigration.

Even if you are doing 2 different tasks at the same office, you need 2 originals,eg: renew car & bike licence same day, need 2 originals & 2 sets of photocopies of the relevant documents ( copies passport pages etc.. )

Depends on the official. I know at Phuket Transport Office the officer cheerfully endored copies of my CoR (for m/bke & car licence) so long as she witnessed the original CoR. I remember one time I was buying a car a few weeks after buying a m/bike and the lady officer dug into the records to find the original CoR. Some officers can be very helpful.