Which is your favorite massage shop in CM with reasonable price?

jiangaq

I have never been to one of these massage shops, but if someone here can provide some good introductory information to one that I might find interesting, then I think I should go. Yes, please include both price and services provided. Maybe I will sort of make a day of it. Thank you.

(And please include information regarding any interesting languages spoken, such as maybe Chinese, in addition to Thai of course.)

Edited by OldChinaHam

I recall that in Taiwan, they once had a very popular massage service, and most likely it still exists in parts of the country, which was provided by the blind who would walk around with sticks tapping on the street outside your window. If you wanted a massage, then you just called them in.

Now that I think about it, I once had a massage given me by one of these blind women, but I don't think I enjoyed it much.

So does Chiang Mai also have blind practitioners of massage? This was sort of a Taiwan government semi-sponsored service which was very good in that it provided employment opportunities.

There is a blind massage school with very goo massage near Chiang Mai ram hosp. Or whatever one thats near the moat road the intersects with the road that goes up to the university. Back in the neighborhood somewhere. Went there years ago. Sorry cant be more specific. Perhaps one of the more knowledgable gents here can fill you in.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I am becoming a big fan of the Leila (I am 90% sure that is the correct spelling) massage places. There are 5 of them, I think, all in the old city. They are all staffed by women who are ex-prisoners, but you can't tell that unless you read the brochure. They get a whole lot of training and then work at the shops after they get out.

It's 200 baht for a Thai massage and I think they follow their training better than most places. They have nice purple uniforms, and the facilities are very nice. They are also very busy, which is surprising since it is the slow season. They probably have 15 or so girls at each place.

There is always a big sign. One is midway down the Sunday walking street, another is at the east end of Ratwithi near to MoonMuang. If you find one of those, get a brochure and it will have the directions to the others.

It looks like a very successful business model training these prisoners and I think they can claim to be good quality compared to all the other places around.

I have never been to one of these massage shops, but if someone here can provide some good introductory information to one that I might find interesting, then I think I should go. Yes, please include both price and services provided. Maybe I will sort of make a day of it. Thank you.

(And please include information regarding any interesting languages spoken, such as maybe Chinese, in addition to Thai of course.)

Aren't you a little old to be taking up a new form of relaxation.

There is a blind massage school with very goo massage near Chiang Mai ram hosp. Or whatever one thats near the moat road the intersects with the road that goes up to the university. Back in the neighborhood somewhere. Went there years ago. Sorry cant be more specific. Perhaps one of the more knowledgable gents here can fill you in.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

There is one in the old city on the street that is known as Loi Kroh before it crosses into the moat.

The easiest way to find it is coming from Chiang Mai Gate heading North the first stop light you come to turn left. It is not very far down from the corner.

Or if you are coming from Loi Kroh go through the first stop light you come to and it is just a short distance on the left hand side of the road. It is called school for the Blind. If Pain is your thing ask for the medium massage. I made that mistake once now I just get the mild one.

I believe it is like any other massage shop in town. some practitioners are better than others.

Edited by hellodolly

Just out of major curiosity, what is it actually that these massage shops offer? I have never visited one in Thailand, nor anywhere else.

For example, if one pays the 200Baht mentioned in the comment above, then what happens?

I don't want anyone walking on my back, for example.

Just out of major curiosity, what is it actually that these massage shops offer? I have never visited one in Thailand, nor anywhere else.

For example, if one pays the 200Baht mentioned in the comment above, then what happens?

I don't want anyone walking on my back, for example.

It's really up to you to decide what you want and request what you want. A lot of people (myself included) don't like traditional Thai massage where they push thumbs into your calf muscles, push their heels in to your inner thighs, poke a wooden stick into your feet and stuff like that. To me there is nothing relaxing about that! I only go when I have a stiff neck, aching shoulders, sore back, etc. and have them work on those areas only. Sometimes I go for a leg and foot massage when I've been hiking or something. Also the oil massage with their elbows on the shoulders is great when you have a stiff neck or sore upper back. Some massages can be extremely painful though, although there is one older woman we know and like very much who we see once a year or so (as she lives about an hour out of town), who does something where she puts her knees on the hips for about 4-5 minutes and it cuts off the blood from going to your legs. I can't explain the feeling and it sounds weird but it is so relaxing that I always fall asleep for an hour or so immediately thereafter. When I wake up I am so relaxed it's amazing. Never seen anyone else do that.

Best thing is to try a couple of different people and see who you like best. Just tell them if you only want your neck, shoulders, back, legs or whatever worked on and tell them what you don't like. Also some will ask you if you want firm medium, soft, etc. Some shops will play relaxing music and so forth.

• Like 1

The one opposite the food court (the one with the band stand and piano) on the ground floor of Kad Suan Kaew is always good. Price hasn't changed since Adam was a boy.

My experience of that place was terrible .Customers on mobiles staff on mobiles sound of the music coming from the band

certainly not my idea of even a half decent massage.. 1 out of 10 for me

There are some fantastic authentic Thai massage shops in Cm but you have to go to a good few till you find the one for you.

Like a hairdresser ,doctor or dentist once you find a good one stick with her.

for all you people who claim not to know anything about massage or even Thai massage ,we are on the internet so you can watch real authentic Thai massage on you tube

All the rest of you wanting sexual favours and titillation ..just come right out and say it and stop all the crap

I am becoming a big fan of the Leila (I am 90% sure that is the correct spelling) massage places. There are 5 of them, I think, all in the old city. They are all staffed by women who are ex-prisoners, but you can't tell that unless you read the brochure. They get a whole lot of training and then work at the shops after they get out.

It's 200 baht for a Thai massage and I think they follow their training better than most places. They have nice purple uniforms, and the facilities are very nice. They are also very busy, which is surprising since it is the slow season. They probably have 15 or so girls at each place.

There is always a big sign. One is midway down the Sunday walking street, another is at the east end of Ratwithi near to MoonMuang. If you find one of those, get a brochure and it will have the directions to the others.

It looks like a very successful business model training these prisoners and I think they can claim to be good quality compared to all the other places around.

It is called Lila , and yes they are ex convicts.

Some shops are good but at some the girls talk to much together.

Last time there where 3 girls talking the whole time during our massage.

Go to the woman prison foundation , this is where they learn massage.

No talking there and best of all no mobile phones.

The one opposite the food court (the one with the band stand and piano) on the ground floor of Kad Suan Kaew is always good. Price hasn't changed since Adam was a boy.

My experience of that place was terrible .Customers on mobiles staff on mobiles sound of the music coming from the band

certainly not my idea of even a half decent massage.. 1 out of 10 for me

Never been that way for me there. No noise, no mobile phones, friendly staff, good massage, fair price. A winner really. Maybe you just got unlucky.

There are some fantastic authentic Thai massage shops in Cm but you have to go to a good few till you find the one for you.

Like a hairdresser ,doctor or dentist once you find a good one stick with her.

for all you people who claim not to know anything about massage or even Thai massage ,we are on the internet so you can watch real authentic Thai massage on you tube

All the rest of you wanting sexual favours and titillation ..just come right out and say it and stop all the crap

No crap man, I have not had a Thai massage, only a blind woman giving me a massage in 1981.

I am none too keen on a Thai massage either.

I would be worried that I might end up like a friend or two who had been ruined by a chiropractor.

You say it is real and authentic on the Internet?

That is the first I have heard the words authentic and internet used in this way.

YouTube is usually freakish which is why we watch.

If I wanted a freak show, I would watch the internet.

(Well, thanks for nothing, you have spoiled it for me. I am no longer in the mood.)

Edited by OldChinaHam