Cebu Pacific to Launch Manila - Phuket Flights

webfact

Cebu Pacific to Launch Manila - Phuket Flights

MANILA: -- Cebu Pacific is to launch direct flights between Manila and Phuket on 16 August 2013.

Using Airbus A320 aircraft, Cebu Pacific will operate a thrice weekly Manila-Phuket service every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Flights will leave Manila at 20:00 and arrive in Phuket at 23:00. The return flight will depart Phuket at 00:00, and will arrive in Manila at 05:05.

Located approximately 860 kilometers south of Bangkok, Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.

“Cebu Pacific is proud to make the island of Phuket accessible to even more travelers. We encourage everyone to take advantage of Cebu Pacific’s trademark lowest fares to this world-renowned tourist attraction,” said Cebu Pacific VP for Marketing and Distribution Candice Iyog.

Phuket is Cebu Pacific’s second destination in Thailand.

Source: http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news13/276-CebuPacific.shtml

-- ASIA Travel Tips 2013-06-27

Don't do it!....................my wife and I flew to and from Manila (from Bangkok) by Cebu a couple of years ago and it was, without doubt, the worst flying experience we've ever had.

In-flight food was a small container of Pot-Noodles, seats were old, worn and non-reclining - which meant a slightly forward leaning posture for the whole journey and consequent backache - and the flight staff didn't give a s**t.........................never again.

• Like 1

The return flight will depart Phuket at 00:00

That is a REALLY REALLY bad idea as about half the people won't be able to figure out WHAT DAY to show up....there is a reason that most every airline in the world sets departures at 11;59 pm or 12;01 AM etc

• Like 1

That is a REALLY REALLY bad idea as about half the people won't be able to figure out WHAT DAY to show up....there is a reason that most every airline in the world sets departures at 11;59 pm or 12;01 AM etc

Only in the Philippines! On a serious side, I can't imagine why a Filipino would want to visit a polluted Phuket beach when they have some of the most beautiful beaches in their own back yard.

Actually isn't that 00;01 AM and 12;01 PM

actually there is no such thing as 12:00 PM or 12:00 AM....but there is an 11;59 PM and a 12:01 AM....or 23;59 and 00;01.....the vast majority of the world considers that midnight is the beginning of AM or the end of PM...though there are a few who claim the opposite....

no airline in their right mind would EVER schedule a flight at MIDNIGHT as it is just too confusing to some people....much better to do the 23;59/ 11;59 PM or 00;01 am or 12;01 am.......which would then clarify any confusion as to what DATE it is on....if an airline tells you the flight departs at 12;01 AM you'd better be at the airport the night before shortly before midnight unless you want to miss the flight..... much easier to say 11;59 pm then you arrive at the airport on the same DATE as the flght departs....

actually there is no such thing as 12:00 PM or 12:00 AM....but there is an 11;59 PM and a 12:01 AM....or 23;59 and 00;01.....the vast majority of the world considers that midnight is the beginning of AM or the end of PM...though there are a few who claim the opposite....

no airline in their right mind would EVER schedule a flight at MIDNIGHT as it is just too confusing to some people....much better to do the 23;59/ 11;59 PM or 00;01 am or 12;01 am.......which would then clarify any confusion as to what DATE it is on....if an airline tells you the flight departs at 12;01 AM you'd better be at the airport the night before shortly before midnight unless you want to miss the flight..... much easier to say 11;59 pm then you arrive at the airport on the same DATE as the flght departs....

Yes you are correct. Someone does not know the (military) or the 24 hour clock correctly.

Stay away from this airline at all cost. I was booked on flights 2 weeks ahead of time to Manila and Leyete. The night before the flight I got an email saying my bank had declined the charges. In spite of having a bank statement showing payment, they refused to let me board without paying cash. So much for the trip. While the bank has reinbursed me the $450.00 they still are fighting for the money. Apparently this is not the first time they have done this. In the beginning of June they had an incident at Davao where they ran off the runway. It was 15 minutes before the crew began evacuating the plane. Look them up on the internet before booking with them.

I flew several times with Cebu Pacific, and while comfort and service is that of a low-cost airline, I do not have great complaints. Pilots are quite good compared to Philippines Airlines.