Ayutthaya 'Warlock Policeman' has magic as his side arm

webfact

If one behaves morally then then they won't have to worry about getting shot, having people talk about them, etc. But I guess when one has little or not enough time to practice it then some yants written in Khmer, lanna, isaan or khom will serve as an easy substitute.

We all die eventually - Thai know this. Regardless of whether it works or not isn't really relevant, as the actions of a person determines what will eventually come around to him -which many Thai also know.

What is perceived as the easiest way out isn't always the correct way, or most logical for that matter.

Then again, if it makes him happy, I'd rather see him happy than angry.

Well written. You have a clear understanding of human nature.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A guy speaks from his heart, and only the TV members could go after him as if he were a nut. Everyone has a reason to come to Thailand, but if your reason is because no on can stand you from where you are from, maybe your goal should be to change. Enjoy life. Give people the benefit of doubt. If he believes this to be true, how does this hurt you? Lighten up and smile, no, not a smirk, a smile.

• Like 1

If this makes him an honest policeman and dose not take bribes,he can believe in want he wants.He should not be discriminated against in what he believes.Just as i believe that life could exists on other planets,this dose not mean i'm a wacko cheesy.gif

Likelyhood of one versus the other makes him a wacko

A guy speaks from his heart, and only the TV members could go after him as if he were a nut. Everyone has a reason to come to Thailand, but if your reason is because no on can stand you from where you are from, maybe your goal should be to change. Enjoy life. Give people the benefit of doubt. If he believes this to be true, how does this hurt you? Lighten up and smile, no, not a smirk, a smile.

He walks into the road trying to stop your car at some speed ( like they do) believing his lucky charm will save him except instead you plough into him killing him.

But his "belief" ( with no evidence) won't affect you then will it?

"beliefs" are dangerous things without evidence.

• Like 1

Magic and spell are big part of Thai traditional belief, and also extend to law enforcement.

Suspects, evidence, and key witnesses, sometimes magically appear or disappear. rolleyes.gif

And when he writes an infraction he fans them out and says, "Pick a card, any card."

• Like 2

And what do you have against nuts?

• Like 1

How does this hurt me?

Well, let me put it this way, I do not have much faith in the skill set of a chap who thinks that casting spells, consuming magic potions, reciting presumed magical incantations and the like is part of the law enforcement profession. Appreciably, he may be a traffic cop. However, a good traffic policeman relies on his/her wits, training, intelligence and quick thinking, with an emphasis upon thinking to pick up on circumstances that are not quite right. I don't think that the use of magic has ever been part of the profession, nor a substitute for professional procedures.

He is certainly entitled to his beliefs. However, those beliefs should be left out of the job. Would you be so sympathetic if a police officer that believe in the flying spaghetti monster decorated his motorbike with all sorts of messages related to the Pastafarian religion? What happens if the chap comes into contact with someone who does not share his belief in "magic" and idol worship? Is it appropriate that a person who is supposed to uphold the law in an unbiased manner allows his religious views to govern his professional conduct? How would you feel if a religious muslim working the rough streets of Patong decorated his vehicle with writings from the Koran and carried a Koran in his utility belt ready to swat infidel law breakers over the head with it? How about if the guards outside a European embassy decorated their guard stations and uniforms with a crucifix?

• Like 1

This is the kind of proof that the PM needs to bring to the G8 summit meeting in order to show the world that Thailand is ready to be accepted as the Hub of all civilization.

No silly. The Hub of Magic.

We need a Ministry of Magic. Chalerm can fund research into potions, hexes etc. No need to spend money on new helicopters, if Thailand can develop flying carpets and broomsticks. With the right spell, those pesky insurgents can be disposed off. This could be as good as the bomb detector gizmo Thailand invested in. And just think, if they can develop the card reading skills powers they can get rid of radar and the like. They'll just read the cards and know what the future holds.

• Like 1

Ayutthaya's new Chief of Police recently held a press conference regarding allegations of bribes being taken from motorists to escape speeding fines. In answer to a question from a Thai Rath reporter over the allegations Police General Tomchai Na Cooper replied

" 200 baht, back pocket. Back pocket, 200 baht. Jus' like that"

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

His helmet is not askew. That appearance is due to the shape of his head, from when his mother dropped him as a baby.

Yep - I reckon it didn't work the first time so she kept on trying...................!

I know his game. The sign in the middle of his windscreen is unmistakably fashioned after a dollar sign. He is a fool if he thinks these silly logos will increase his tea money.

i never see BIB drinking tea...biggrin.png

"However, you must behave morally for the spell to work, too," he added.

Yes, indeed.

I guess that's why this kind of "magic" won't work with many (most ?) cops.

Anyway, even if this superstitious thing is quite ridiculous for Cartesian minds, I'd rather meet a policeman who believes in such "magic spell" and behaves morally than one who doesn't believe in it and acts immorally.

• Like 1

Yes, indeed.

Anyway, even if this superstitious thing is quite ridiculous for Cartesian minds, I'd rather meet a policeman who believes in such "magic spell" and behaves morally than one who doesn't believe in it and acts immorally.

I agree. If his beliefs help him behave morally then good luck to him. Why is this any different to others believing in their particular "god". Religion is just as unbelievable when you take a close look at it. Nobody here is pulling the crazy card on the cops who believe in Jesus, Buddha, Mohamed, Krishna etc. etc.

• Like 1

Magic and spell are big part of Thai traditional belief, and also extend to law enforcement.

Suspects, evidence, and key witnesses, sometimes magically appear or disappear. Posted Image
You always seem to speak as though you have a unique inside line to Thai police corruption.Posted Image

Nah, I've got a subscription to a good newspaper.

If i am a cop with magic, i show to people that I don't need my gun

to do my duty. I just use my magic to catch the criminal maybe by gesturing

my forefinger to the criminal as if I cannot speak or I am an idiot

Yes, indeed.

I agree. If his beliefs help him behave morally then good luck to him. Why is this any different to others believing in their particular "god". Religion is just as unbelievable when you take a close look at it. Nobody here is pulling the crazy card on the cops who believe in Jesus, Buddha, Mohamed, Krishna etc. etc.

Indeed. By the way, I am an atheist, but fortunately, it does not prevent me to act morally.

• Like 1

So he practices morality. Hhmmm. Did he rub his magic lamp and a flash motorbike suddenly appeared from a puff of smoke.

10 years ago when I financed the building of a new family home upcountry my wife and her sister told me that a spirit house was necessary. i agreed, as long as they paid. No spirit house. A couple of months ago I asked sis in law if she wanted a spirit house. No. No need.

Policeman encounters perpetrator. Thinks: "Should I use gun, or spell? Gun - Spell, Gun - Spell, Gun - Spell...ooops he's gone. At least I was well protected!"

At least when he gets drunk in a bar and someone "insults" him to make him lose face, he does not spray bullets around the building killing innocent bystanders, nor run over random strangers with his car to teach them a lesson. This super cop casts a spell over them.

This could actually be the next stage of evolution in Thai men happening.... got to be good news.

Guess If he had pictures of JC and a few crucifix's plastered all over his bike -would that would be OK, but then of course some would want a few passages from the Koran to make it right or some other weird and wonderful mumbo jumbo - so what ever turns you on is ok but it's all bullsh1t anyway.

And why run the guy down - if that's what he wants to believe then just leave it at that as it shouldn't hurt you in anyway unless of course your belief is the only true path or what ever nonsensical clap-trap you want to believe with any other ideas being way wrong (in your view).

If I was a citizen of a country governed by the pack of retards that comprise the PTP I would be looking for help anywhere I could find it, just like this policeman.

His quote "However, you must behave morally for the spell to work, too" made me think this won't be any good to Chalerm and co.

Oh, I just remembered, I must go and wind the cuckoo clock.

Honestly: if does a good job, serving and protecting, he can believe in tooth fairies and waternymphs, for all I care.

That being said....

And when he doesn't do a good job and you or someone else ends up dead?

Okay...so I guess, you are a bit grumpy, because of the hangover you got from the Friday- Happy Hour, so....what do you think the "That being said..."- part of my comment meant?

And by the way: if they believe in Mumbo Jambo or not...they mostly don't do good jobs, regardles, so....chill out!