Second Hand Late Model Honda City or Similar Wanted!

Shakkas

Hi,

I am looking for a late model pref 2012 2011 Honda City at the latest or something similiar, and was wondering if anyones knows of an Auctioneer in the Pattaya/Chonburi/Jomtien Area.......Even Bangkok.

I have just heard alot of Thais taking advantage of the new tax rebate on purchasing a first new car which has occured and have heard alot about the repossesions taking place upon the folks buying the cars due to not being able to make the repayments.

Or can does anyone know of any Honda Cities or similar sedans for sale?

Thanks in Advance!

Shakkas

Sorry for the typo's

Not many on one2car would have fall under the new car scheme. Either way you won't find much of a bargain getting either a jazz or city, as they maintain value very well. If you can possibly stretch it, get a new one. It will be hard to find a poster here who would recommend a newish second honda over a new one.

Default rates on 1st car buyer scheme cars are indeed double the norm, but even then it still only averages 3% over the full term, and the models sought by the OP are high demand / low supply, so wont' be seen at fire sale prices..

Agree with culcine - buy new.

IMHO Although 2011 models seem to be fairly discounted right on One2Car...... 450,000bht as to 600,000 current model, as I will be putting this car in my name not a Thai, correct me if I am wrong but the tax rebate scheme is approx 100,000bht if bought as a Thai Brand new first car, but you have to be a Thai Citizen yeah? so there is a possibility some of these models have been granted the rebate after 1 year and then on sold them hence the 150,000bht discount between models etc.

Do you agree?

IMHO Although 2011 models seem to be fairly discounted right on One2Car...... 450,000bht as to 600,000 current model, as I will be putting this car in my name not a Thai, correct me if I am wrong but the tax rebate scheme is approx 100,000bht if bought as a Thai Brand new first car, but you have to be a Thai Citizen yeah? so there is a possibility some of these models have been granted the rebate after 1 year and then on sold them hence the 150,000bht discount between models etc.

Do you agree?

No, as if you sell the car before five years, you have to repay the rebate.

Do you agree?

Yep, what freemindxs said - cars bought under the 1st car buyer scheme have 5-year transfer of ownership block noted in the Tabien Rot, which can only be removed buy repaying the excise tax dept. the full rebate amount.

Talk to your local Honda Dealer - they will have trade-ins

Mostly Thai car dealers do not have trade ins.

Toyota has its own selected second hand approved outlets,but Honda sell to the Trade.

Some Toyota dealers do, yes.

Toyota has its own selected second hand approved outlets,but Honda sell to the Trade.

Toyota Sure

Chevy OK

Honda Certified Used Car

Mitsubishi Diamond Used Cars

All of these are certified/warrantied used cars, but while some might even be attached to a new car dealership, all operate independently - they are no different to selling to a broker or tent other than the low-ball price they will give and the fact that they simply may not want your car, and the only difference when buying is that the prices are higher due to high operational and warranty overheads :)

Toyota Sure

Chevy OK

Honda Certified Used Car

All of these are certified/warrantied used cars, but while some might even be attached to a new car dealership, all operate independently - they are no different to selling to a broker or tent other than the low-ball price they will give and the fact that they simply may not want your car, and the only difference when buying is that the prices are higher due to high operational and warranty overheads smile.png

Yes, these are all connected to the brand, not to the dealer.

Do you agree?

Yep, what freemindxs said - cars bought under the 1st car buyer scheme have 5-year transfer of ownership block noted in the Tabien Rot, which can only be removed buy repaying the excise tax dept. the full rebate amount.

I've seen a few cars, no doubt under the rebate scheme that have been majorly damaged in an accident. Will insurance pay out on these vehicles if they are written off? I'd be very wary of any second hand car after 5 years. Many people will get these cars fixed and hold onto them until the end of 5 yrs then sell them off. There may also be a number of flood damaged vehicles for sale if they are 2010/11 year models. Buy new, as the interest on a second hand car is also very high:)

Toyota Sure

Chevy OK

Honda Certified Used Car

All of these are certified/warrantied used cars, but while some might even be attached to a new car dealership, all operate independently - they are no different to selling to a broker or tent other than the low-ball price they will give and the fact that they simply may not want your car, and the only difference when buying is that the prices are higher due to high operational and warranty overheads smile.png

Then that is perfect for the OP - ask the Honda Certified Used Car people for a City rolleyes.gif

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Toyota Sure

Chevy OK

Honda Certified Used Car

Then that is perfect for the OP - ask the Honda Certified Used Car people for a City rolleyes.gif

That would depend on the dealer. This discussion was caused by your suggestion "Talk to your local Honda Dealer - they will have trade-ins", which can be true but will quite often not be true.

Toyota Sure

Chevy OK

Honda Certified Used Car