Most expensive and most inexpensive areas in Thailand / bangkok

vivek130205

Hi all,

I would like to know your choices for :

i) Bangkok's most expensive and inexpensive areas to live in( considering the rentals, food and other basic expenses of living )

2) Thailand's most expensive and inexpensive places to live in , excluding Bangkok.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think it comes down to life style.

I go to Thai bars and restaurants and shop at mom and pop stores .

I know when I do go to farang places in bkk my costs are 5 times what I spend in a Thai bar in nontaburi.

I think most of Thailand is te same depends on your living habits

I think it comes down to life style.

I go to Thai bars and restaurants and shop at mom and pop stores .

I know when I do go to farang places in bkk my costs are 5 times what I spend in a Thai bar in nontaburi.

I think most of Thailand is te same depends on your living habits

No way the same. Tourist hubs are expensive for Thailand. If you go out in Bangkok for dinner and drinks it's nearly the same as in Australia. If you want its actually more than Australia. I got given a menu for valentines day in Lebua restraunt it was 80,000baht for 2 people.

In Bangkok the most expensive are the tourist areas around Sukhumvit particularly from Asoke to Chitlom.

The most expensive is probably Langsuan road due to this being the preferred place to stay for short to medium term professionals and diplomats.

The most expensive Thai neighborhood is Thong Lor and I live there. Thong Lor has few cheap restaurants and few cheap supermarkets (only Villa, Fuji and Tops basically).

The least expensive could be many places around Bangkok, basically all areas off the tourist and BTS/MRT lines. Some inexpensive areas are Ramkhamhaeng, Bangkok Noi/Pinklao, Lad Prao, Bangna area etc. Not much difference in price in those areas.