NewTesco Phitsanulok

Ace of Pop

Didn't know they had a new Tesco there. If you live there you have my sympathy. My wife comes from there so every so often I am compelled to visit the in-laws. Its a small city that has absolutely nothing going for it other than being a one night stop over on the way to Chiang Mai. You also mention Tops there. In Chiang Mai we have 7-11 bigger than that Tops.

The Tesco Lotus Extra in Phitsanulok is handy to have I visit twice a month from Phetchabun,is it well stocked with western goods,not overly but I was overjoyed to find real malt vinegar.

There is a good selection of cheeses,but the real winner is the limited but excellent selection of European beers,expensive yes but who cares,London Pride,Stella Artois,Hoegardden to name but a few,as well as some great wines.

Tops in central is ok I mean I can even get Heinz salad cream in there,but one minute they have something the next it's gone,they seem to rotate the selection to much for my liking.

Went to Tops Central yesterday. you're right,it gone downhill.The Good Meats gone,and C.P. Frozen Junks talking over slowly. Im told the New T.L. is pass Mekro on your right ,right at Lights and its on your left. 4Hrs with the Mrs in Centrall was enough,so didnt go.thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

What road is the Tesco Lotus Extra on, Stoneyboy ?
Is it anywhere near the prison ? (Seem to recall there is a Tesco near there, is it that one ?
I've got a niece lives there, (Phitsanulok not the prison lol), who visits Phetchabun regularly, perhaps I can persuade her to bring me some shopping. :)

What road is the Tesco Lotus Extra on, Stoneyboy ?

Is it anywhere near the prison ? (Seem to recall there is a Tesco near there, is it that one ?

I've got a niece lives there, (Phitsanulok not the prison lol), who visits Phetchabun regularly, perhaps I can persuade her to bring me some shopping. :)

Yes if you know Plok immigration,follow that road out of town and turn right at the traffic lights,go over the bridge and it's on your left,can't miss it.

Or if you know Global House and are coming from the main road,you can turn off for Global House and head straight,I think it's the road to Nakhon Sawan.

• Like 1