Question For The Scouse

Hello there,

I've just picked up my wife's third visa for UK & noticed that they still required a letter from her employer as part of the process.

My friend (who lives and works in Thailand) is looking to go to the UK with his wife (married 8 months at time of application) & new born child (will be born next month). For the previous 10 years she has worked as a nurse at sirriraj hospital. Due to the fact that she only earns a salary of 10,000 bhat a month, they have decided that she will give up this position to become a full time parent.

His father will write a letter pledging financial support for the entire trip & of course she will be travelling with her husband and daughter who will be/are full UK citizens. The problems as I see it are that

1) she will not be gainfully employed in Thailand

2) she has no assets ie, car or house.

Please can you advise if these problems are going to obstruct the issuing of a visa baring in mind the positives of the applicant.

Many thanks,

Sav

Savage,

The absence of employment does not mean that your friend's wife's application is bound to fail. Her husband can explain in the covering letter why his wife has given up her job (her motivation is perfectly reasonable), and add that should the need arise, she would be able to resume work easily as she has (presumably) nursing qualifications. Furthermore, I presume your friend is working in Thailand? If this is so, he should support his wife's application with evidence of his employment and immigration status in Thailand. By showing that he must return to Thailand, this implicitly gives his wife, being his dependant, a reason to return too.

All the best,

Scouse.