Experience of MV Agusta Import?

B1ade

Any know anything about importing an MV? I did read that harley were going to sell Buell's and MV's but that was a while back and cant find the info. I've got a ducati 848, had it 3 years this month, I've been waiting for a smaller ducati panigale to be released which I planned doing a trade on, but there is still no news of any kind of a release date and it's possible it may never appear / be replaced with something entirely new in 2014.

The new MV F3 800 really does it for me, but I can't find any info about getting an MV over here, anyone have any experience at all? Thanks!

post-113847-0-46993300-1373110448_thumb.

I know that fair&easy logistics is quite good for import of cars and motorcycle. They are as well able to advise you which licenses or certificates are necessary before you can import. They offer you door to door service. I can connect you with them. You only need to purchase it from a trusted dealer. If interested send me a pm as I am not allowed to post any information of non sponsors as per forum rule.

I think that you best contact MV Agusta Thailand, I would not try to import a motorcycle myself if a official importer is available. The downside is that MV Agusta Thailand does not yet have the F3 800. Last time I asked they said "soon".

For contact I currently only have a mobile telephone for you 089-5173377... He speaks English if you not talk to fast...

Importing on your own can be a complete nightmare in both cost and time and can end up with you having a bike that you cannot sell later on.

In addition you will have to sometimes bring in spares, replacement parts etc., since that model is not stocked here. Sometimes they get through, sometimes you get hit for duty and sometimes they don't arrive at all. All the while your bike is off the road.

It is a great bike , but is it that much better and worth all the hassle? Ducati and BMW have parts and servicing available and will take all the import uncertainties and hassle off your hands.

The MV Agusta F3 800 comes to Thailand, maybe 4 weeks or 6 weeks... MV Agusta Thailand will have all the paperwork, factory warranty, acceptable price (compared to private import) and spare parts available.

Looks like $23,000 us wonder what that will be here 1,500,000baht

MV Agusta is what you can compare to a Ferrari on two-wheels, and as the saying go's “if you need to ask the price you probably not a buyer...”. But in Thailand you have that quickly with a lot of motorcycles and the MV Agusta bikes are not that more expensive than you would pay outside Thailand...

The MV Agusta F4 R was last year 1.2 million, so we can assume that the F3 800 would be less expensive. The top of the line MV F4 RR was last time I was at MV Agusta Thailand 1.7 million...

2013 F3 US retail is $13,999/438,988 baht

So guessing just under 900,000 baht here wink.png

Also probably not far off using the 2x price because as Richard-BKK

said he paid 1.2 mil for his 2012 MV Agusta F4 R

US retail was $19,498 or 610,282 baht times that by 2 & get 1.22 Million Baht

US sure gets a better Ferrari on 2 wheel price :)

Edited by mania

2013 F3 US retail is $13,999/438,988 baht

So guessing just under 900,000 baht here wink.png

Also probably not far off using the 2x price because as Richard-BKK

said he paid 1.2 mil for his 2012 MV Agusta F4 R

US retail was $19,498 or 610,282 baht times that by 2 & get 1.22 Million Baht

US sure gets a better Ferrari on 2 wheel price smile.png

The MV Agusta F3 675 cost 919,000 THB in Thailand, again that was one year ago. Probably with the introduction of the F3 800 the price will be going down a bit. But the MV F3 800 will probably be somewhere between 919,000 and 1.2 million THB what leaves not much space to guess the price...

Also the official Thai distributor is

MOTO VISION COMPANY LIMITED

999/2 MOO 6, TEPARAK RD., TEPARAK

10270 - A.MUANG, SAMUTPRAKARN

THAILAND

Tel. 02 385 1345

Edited by Richard-BKK

I think that you best contact MV Agusta Thailand, I would not try to import a motorcycle myself if a official importer is available. The downside is that MV Agusta Thailand does not yet have the F3 800. Last time I asked they said "soon".

For contact I currently only have a mobile telephone for you 089-5173377... He speaks English if you not talk to fast...

Thanks Richard, I will give them a call. I wasn't aware there was a division over here so that's really good news! Thanks everyone else for taking time to reply.