Removing a Thai name from aTabian Baan

Dear All,

So how can I remove my Thai ex girlfriend's name from my Tabiaan Baan ?

(And it's causing a few issues....)

We're still on talking terms but she simply refuses to do it ....

Somehow I can't see this as being an easy task ....

Regards,

SB ....

Why bother? (And I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong.) Having your name in the tabian baan doesn't give you any rights over the property whatsoever. The only real benefit is that when it comes to voting in elections, you vote in the district where you're recorded in a tabian baan. In time, if she moves to another district she'll probably want to register on a tabian baan there - particularly if she is going to be responsible for paying utility bills at that property.

In short, I can't see how this can be of any inconvenience to the OP, and in time the issue should go away.

I understand the person in the book you want to removed has to go to the Amphur along with yourself

I'm pretty sure this is correct.

Also I believe a Thai cannot simply be removed from a book, they have to be transferred to another book, and this is all done at the home amphur of the book they are transferring TO.

Of course TiT, and I may well be so far off the mark that it's not visible :(

In case the land, house etc is in the name of the Thai-Lady, your main concern should be "how can I avoid to be removed from the Tabien-Baan, myself" and not the other way around.

Good luck.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Building/Land owned by Thai company and offshore company, no worries there ....

In case the land, house etc is in the name of the Thai-Lady, your main concern should be "how can I avoid to be removed from the Tabien-Baan, myself" and not the other way around.

Good luck.

Cheers.

Why bother, actually its a BIG inconvenience cos a new company is now renting the shop ground floor and cant register it as a business address without her signing documents ....

Why bother? (And I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong.) Having your name in the tabian baan doesn't give you any rights over the property whatsoever. The only real benefit is that when it comes to voting in elections, you vote in the district where you're recorded in a tabian baan. In time, if she moves to another district she'll probably want to register on a tabian baan there - particularly if she is going to be responsible for paying utility bills at that property.

In short, I can't see how this can be of any inconvenience to the OP, and in time the issue should go away.