Moving from Isaan to BKK

williamk

I think this is better off in the Issan forum. Perhaps the BKK forum, but let's try Issan first and see how many replies you get.

Topic Moved.

P.S. the post office will ship just about anything. I had a friend who shipped a scooter from Issan to BKK. I shipped a huge BBQ from there also.

When we moved house within Bangkok we justed rented a guy with a large lorry. It came with two/three people to help and all inclusive cost was 3.5 k for the day.

I guess you would need to count on maximum 15k for the same from Srisaket. Just ask around locally.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have done the same: I went to a local rental car place and rented a 2 door (no back bench) PickUp / lorry for the day with a driver and paid for the petrol for the return trip to SiSaket. Somewhere around 1500 - 2000 baht for the day + driver and then the fuel for the return trip to SiSaket with or without your accompanying.

We are relocating from Muang Udon Thani to the darkside of Pattaya; say a 10-hour drive and around 1100km round-trip. Got a quote for 6000 baht each-way for a 6-wheel, high-side, covered truck. We have 4 bedroom's worth to move! If the OP looks around, there's plenty of high-top pickups that normally run the overnight freight routes from Bangkok to the boonies. They may be a lot cheaper and more like the right size for his load.

If having arrived in the Isaan on your own, the return-trip to BKK is up to you.

On the other hand, if your stay in the Isaan was initiated by a Thai-National, she should have the courtesy to organize your return to BKK. She probably speaks better Thai than you,

Unless there was too much "glass broken" in the meantime.

Cheers.

There's a transport service, where you can send your stuff to any places in LOS. Located not too far away from Patcharak hospital. ( the private one)

They do a good job and it's affordable.-wai2.gif

If having arrived in the Isaan on your own, the return-trip to BKK is up to you.

On the other hand, if your stay in the Isaan was initiated by a Thai-National, she should have the courtesy to organize your return to BKK. She probably speaks better Thai than you,

Cheers.

Could you please read the OP's post again and rethink your own?-w00t.gif

Cheers.

Could you please read the OP's post again and rethink your own?-w00t.gif

I cannot understand your comment. OP states he has some large items to move between SSK & BKK. Swissie suggested that IF William moved to SSK because of a Thai lady, get HER to organise it ( unless he has picked a wrong-un).

William, have you considered hiring a Minibus ( like the ones that take people to gambling venues)?????

Edited by DILLIGAD

About what do you want we suggest ?

?????? Exactly my thought - he is moving the wrong direction - who intheir right mind woukld want to live in that filthy cesspool..??

OMG not another cesspool comment. w00t.gif Thailand the hub of cesspools!

We've moved from BKK to Ubon and back a few times and always send our boxes in the local minibus that runs a couple of times a week. We just moved back from BKK a couple of weeks ago and sent 20 large boxes in total in 2 minibuses, lots of fragile items and kid's things etc and no problem. Total cost of 800 baht. On the second bus somebody was shipping a large motorbike back from BKK!

We live between Ubon and Sisaket BTW.

The only problem I can see is that I guess you need someone to be on the sending/receiving end as it goes door to door (and usually leaves late at night and arrives at dawn). You could always travel on the minibus with your belongings though.

If not then hire someone with a pickup. It will probably cost about 6k baht.