Authenticity of audio clip needs to be checked: PM Yingluck

webfact

As with another famous incident in Thai history the truth can be found in not what is being said but what is not being said.

In this case if the clip was not genuine why would the PM require a check on it's authenticity when she only has to ask her brother to be able to deny it outright?

• Like 1

She went on to urge the public to give the government some time to prove itself.

When elected, PM-Yingluck asked for six months to show what they can do, it's now been two years with five reshuffles, just how much more time does she expect ? Posted Image

That is probably one of the biggest problems... 2 years and 5 cabinet reshuffles..

So each cabinet officer only spends an average of 5 months in his position...

I am sure it takes nearly that long just to figure out what's going on within their departments and what their responsibilities are...

Ten time to switch and bring in the next guy...

So makes it a bit hard for any cabinet minister to set up any real policies or follow any thing through

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

When asked about the rumours of a possible military coup, the premier replied that Thais should look at other countries suffering military coups and see if it is truly beneficial. She added that she believes nobody would want to harm their own society.

It's actually hard to say if her brother caused more harm as pm in Thailand than de facto pm outside Thailand.Either way the body count continues to rise,society remains divided.the folly continues...

My thoughts exactly, Thaksin with his greed and selfishness, has caused untold harm to Thailand has been

Yes and Yingluck is obviously supporting her brother Thaksin. Creating a lawless country with corruption at its highest level ever OR having a coup...

I think I know what harms this beautiful country more.

I thought we'd already been told it was fake or was that just someone opening their mouth before putting their brain in gear?

That's just the default response - plausible denial as the Americans say.

What are the odds of the good lady announcing that the recording has been found to be authentic? If I were to bet just 1 baht on such odds, I would be a very rich man if that unimaginable outcome were to come about!

He ain't never coming back. Two years of predictions of next week, next month, next Blue Moon, he's never coming back. It should be obvious why.

Setting that to the side, what does it matter about this tape? Even if it is authentic it's no shock to anyone. All this faux outrage is laughable.

Oh dear.... The Clangers are back!

It explains the lack of integration in Thailand, they still havn't got a grasp of differentiation.

I think this bunch is more "apple on the head" stuff than calculus

The Thai word for calculus, if they don't use the word "calculus" (with a "T" sound for the "S"), is withi-kamnuan, or "method of calculation". I don't know many Thai people who understand exactly what it's for. huh.png

She went on to urge the public to give the government some time to prove itself.

When elected, PM-Yingluck asked for six months to show what they can do, it's now been two years with five reshuffles, just how much more time does she expect ? blink.png

That is probably one of the biggest problems... 2 years and 5 cabinet reshuffles..

So each cabinet officer only spends an average of 5 months in his position...

I am sure it takes nearly that long just to figure out what's going on within their departments and what their responsibilities are...

Ten time to switch and bring in the next guy...

So makes it a bit hard for any cabinet minister to set up any real policies or follow any thing through

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

"So each cabinet officer only spends an average of 5 months in his position...

I am sure it takes nearly that long just to figure out what's going on within their departments and what their responsibilities are..."

Good point, but there's another factor, the actual level of interest (let alone the capability) in actual doing something valuable for Thailand.

Five months at the trough not too much time at the trough, but better than no time at all, for the members of the Get Rich Quick Club.

Edited by scorecard

The Bangkok Post reported that Thaksin's son confirmed that one of the voices in the clip belonged to Thaksin but he couldn't say if the clip had been edited.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app