Auto Clutch, Yamaha Spark Z 110cc

Eric1949

Hi.

Although mine is a Yamaha Spark Z, I imagine that most of these small bikes that have auto clutch or if you prefer semi automatic, operate on the same principle.

Sometimes my auto clutch fails to operate, thus, when I pull up somewhere, the bike cuts out. Usually you can get off the bike leaving it in gear with no problem.

I find it hard to explain to Thai mechanics the problem, who want to adjust the carb. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

• 7 months later...

No replies yet.. Well, I have a 2012 Spark 110cc and I did notice that it sometimes cut out as I changed down for engine braking. Strangely, seems OK now, either that or I have changed my riding style. Apart from that, it's a great little bike, a big difference from my 18 year old Honda Tena, which I still have.Let's start a Spark forum, I bet there must be at least 3 falang owners in BKK!

I have a Smash 110cc up country. It's a great little bike but not very comfortable on a long ride. When I say "long ride" I mean a 120km round trip. To some that's just around the corner!

But after 120km my arse felt like I had been riding on a wooden plank with no suspension!