Three Malaysians arrested in Bangkok for credit card fraud

webfact

Three Malaysians arrested in Bangkok for credit card fraud

BANGKOK: Three Malaysians in Thailand were arrested Wednesday for allegedly using fake credit cards to buy branded products worth about 844,700 baht (RM86,097).

The suspects, aged 23, 28 and 30, were picked up at a shop in central Bangkok Wednesday afternoon while trying to pay for their purchases with the fake cards.

Another Malaysian, said to be their accomplice, is believed to be on the run.

At a press conference Thursday, Tourist Police commander Pol Maj Gen Roy Inkapairoj said a police team found 14 fake credit cards and four credit card receipts on the suspects.

He said initial investigations revealed the suspects had used scanned credit card information from the United States to buy wrist-watches, belts and bags, which they then handed over to another Malaysian who was still at large.

All of them entered Thailand illegally through Sadoa in the southern part of Thailand bordering Malaysia. - Bernama

Source: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2013/07/11/3-msians-credit-card-fraud-thailand.aspx

-- The Star 2013-07-12

Hullo , too hot in Oz so they are now hitting the C cards in Thai, these people are experts at two things , obtaining your card details by skimming and getting caught, unfortunately they do damage along the way, these talented Malaysians have been operating on and off over many years.bah.gif

"All of them entered Thailand illegally through Sadoa...." (sic)

Sadao border crossing is a joke, without even a pretense of stopping illegal entry. Last time I entered there, the queues were too long, so we walked through into town, had a couple of beers and came back more than an hour later.

• Like 1

A lot of credit card, debit card and ATM frauds occurring in Thailand now a days.

I opened a K-Bank account and did not applied for any card. Feels safer.

its an easy target, no Chip and Pin like most countries, plus the retailers here never check the signature or name on card ................

• Like 1

Is it just me or is every time a foreigner caught for any kind of criminal act in Thailand, they also seem to be charged with illegal entry? Anyway, I hope these fraudsters get what they deserve. Thailand doesn't need foreign criminals on it's shores.

Is it just me or is every time a foreigner caught for any kind of criminal act in Thailand, they also seem to be charged with illegal entry? Anyway, I hope these fraudsters get what they deserve. Thailand doesn't need foreign criminals on it's shores.

Maybe they hide the passport they entered on ?

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app

Maybe they hide the passport they entered on ?

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app