The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride 2013

It's almost time again for the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride of 2013. Last year saw the very first edition and already had a massive following all over the world right from the start. I tried to beat the drum here in Thailand but apart from a few "yeah, cool", there was no real interest. I ended up riding by myself all dressed up in a suit. Silly? Maybe. Definitely more fun to ride in a group of like-minded lunatics.

I'm not one to give up easily, so I'm here again to make you riders aware of this fun event and beat the drum. Maybe this year a few more are willing to join...

Possible locations: Bangkok/Pattaya/Chonburi (Bang Saen)....just because it's where I live.

Riders from Bangkok could ride South, people from Pattaya ride up North and we could all meet in Bang Saen for a beer or two.

When: to be defined with the main organizers in Australia

What to wear: you must look like a gentleman from days past and present. Be distinguished.

There isn't supposed to be any commercial gain involved, just a simple and short ride in good company, dressed up as the gentlemen we really are.

If you're interested, let me know and spread the news!

Mr.Omega

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I read this and thought how silly it was. But the more I thought about it, the more intriguing it became. I mean, what would the BIB's at a checkpoint think as this throng of bikers dressed in suits and ties approached? It's a juxtaposition. It would just be too weird for them. I think they would run for cover.

Anybody coming close to Phit'kok?

I kind of just perused through this thread but let me get this right. Riders are expected to forego the usual protective wear of boots, gloves and motorcycle jacket and dress in a suit? With just a helmet for protection? On Thai roads?

Yep, great idea!

I kind of just perused through this thread but let me get this right. Riders are expected to forego the usual protective wear of boots, gloves and motorcycle jacket and dress in a suit? With just a helmet for protection? On Thai roads?

Yep, great idea!

This isn't supposed to be a race, just a slow pleasure ride. Thousands of people all over the world participated last year and amazingly nobody died.

But you're right, it will be safer for you on the couch watching TV.

Distinguished greetings

• Like 2

from the creators of the event....

A day where cafe racers, classics, bobbers come together and ride in a distinguished manner spreading merriment along the way.

Mission
To bring classic and cafe racers bike owners together around the world for a dapper of a ride.

Description
DGR is a worldwide event for owners or Customs, Café Racers, Bobbers, Flat Trackers, Retro’s, Classics and Quirky Motorcycles and their owners. It is an event that takes place all around the world on the exact same day. It is about motorcycles and dapper. We don’t care about work/social or life status for the one day we all ride the world together distinguished. This means Suits, Tuxedos, and Button up shirts, ties, bowties, top hats, canes, monocles, blazers, coats and all the rest of it!

To take part you need to be in the correct attire. Be as creative or bland as you want. The most important thing is make others laugh, make yourself laugh and have fun along the way.

• Like 1

Yep, great idea!

This isn't supposed to be a race, just a slow pleasure ride. Thousands of people all over the world participated last year and amazingly nobody died.

Distinguished greetings

Actually I may be riding over the long weekend on my Superbike (fully geared up, natch) but you carry on with your not so distinguished assumptions. Edited by H1w4yR1da

Yep, great idea!

Distinguished greetings

Actually I may be riding over the long weekend on my Superbike (fully geared up, natch) but you carry on with your not so distinguished assumptions.

H1w4yR1da, Do you ride with the fun police ?

• Like 2

Sounds like a wizard wheeze to me. I never use my suit in Bangkok anyway so may as well get some wear out of the old whistle by using it for a ride out to Bang Saen.

However (comma), to get the full effect we'll need a decent group of chaps. Anyone else up for a ripping good time in old Bang Saen?

Yep, great idea!

Hold on the usual standard protection in Pattaya is a condombiggrin.png . Sorry I meant to say a beer chang vest, 1980's football shorts and a pair of flip flopslaugh.png

Sounds right! The other guy must be on drugs....or something! rolleyes.gif

Gentlemen, nobody said you can't take care of your safety. You can and should wear a helmet and gloves, even boots are ok. You can also wear a back protection under your suit jacket if you like.

The whole point of the event however is to look distinguished and have fun together.

No point in arguing. If you like the idea, cool...if you don't, no point reading and commenting here. This is an event that should unite us, and not be a bickering competition.

A dedicated Facebook group is being set up by the promoters as we speak. Further details will follow.

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Good for you.

To be honest, I'm getting a little tired of you following me from thread to thread posting bitchy little comments. Why don't you just FOAD?

What, your the smarmy @#$%$#^&% that likes to get into me with you facetious remarks so hows bout take your own advice and FOAD you Ass#$%@.

• Like 1

Gentlemen, nobody said you can't take care of your safety. You can and should wear a helmet and gloves, even boots are ok. You can also wear a back protection under your suit jacket if you like.

The whole point of the event however is to look distinguished and have fun together.

No point in arguing. If you like the idea, cool...if you don't, no point reading and commenting here. This is an event that should unite us, and not be a bickering competition.

A dedicated Facebook group is being set up by the promoters as we speak. Further details will follow.

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I found a shirt and tie in the cupboard, should go all right with my board shorts and surfer joe flip flops (I'll wear a helmet.... open face off course)........

Just need to get the bike back together and I should be good to go.

• Like 1

What, your the smarmy @#$%$#^&% that likes to get into me with you facetious remarks so hows bout take your own advice and FOAD you Ass#$%@.

Oh-oh! Internet tough guy FAIL alert!

By the way, it's "you're". Is that facetious enough? ;-/

Good for you.

To be honest, I'm getting a little tired of you following me from thread to thread posting bitchy little comments. Why don't you just FOAD?

Girls, girls, settle down, now.