Drapery cleaning in Jomtien?

wpcoe

Is there any place to get draperies dry cleaned in the Jomtien area?

Actually, do they need dry cleaning or can any of the hundreds of laundry service places do it? They are inexpensive polyester or poly-cotton material with pleats at the top for drapery hooks. They'd definitely need to be pressed after cleaning.

I'm currently restoring my condo to a presentable state after a two year period of short-term sub-lease rentals by someone who was supposed to be buying the unit, and wondering if the stains will even come out. It's been over eight years since I bought these drapes -- at a curtain shop (I think it might be called Curtain Shop?) on Thepprasit -- so maybe I might buy new ones? I have no idea what splashed up on the drapes. It took Vixol to get the gooey residue off the ceramic tile floor and I'm not sure how to get it off of the faux wood bed frame. I'm going to try blotting it with lighter fluid and if that doesn't work, see if the laundry shop on the ground floor wants to give it a try.

Mine need cleaning too. I was going to take them to the Laundry Express shop on 3rd road which advertises dry cleaning. If you turn right at the junction of Thappraya and 3rd road the shop is about 500 yards on the left.

Somehow I missed your post. I'm in no hurry to clean the drapes, as it turns out I've got more stuff to do than I can finish during this visit. If you try Laundry Express can you let me know how they did, please?

Oh, and about trying to blot them with lighter fluid (the poor man's dry cleaning fluid), I give up. Was at Home Pro so asked if they had it, "No have. Big C have." (Big C is next door.) Asked at Big C, "No have. 7-11 have." Went to 7-11. "No have." Three strikes and I'm out. sad.png

• 1 month later...

For those of you who've been on the edge of your seats waiting for the climax to this exciting thread, I finally am back in my Jomtien condo and this morning took one panel of drapery to the laundry service in my condo block. I asked the pleasant gal there if they can clean it, and she said sweetly, "We will try!" What more can I ask for?

Then I asked how much it would cost, and she said B60. (!) Good lord, B60 to clean one 150cm x 190 cm panel is outrageous! Outrageously cheap, I mean.

I pick it up tomorrow to see how that drapery panel faired. I suspect they'll do just fine. Stay tuned! (Or not. laugh.png )