Ducati Monster 795

bkkgriz

The bike runs rough under 4000 revs, but that is due to EU emission regulations that dictates the fuel-to-air mix. If you don't care about the environment, parts are available to fix this.

Motorcycles do great on mileage, but they are surprisingly bad when it comes to emissions- however, I sure wouldn't accept having the bike on which I just spent double what it's worth (which I also did recently) run rough under 4K (especially when it redlines under 11K) when there's a fix for it, or justify not doing it by saying those who do 'don't care about the environment'- I guess if we all really cared about the environment we wouldn't be on bikes over 125cc.;)

BTW- Kawasaki got me my green book and plate in a month- something is not right with your situation.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had 12k service on my Ducati Diavel 3 weeks ago in Pattaya. Price was 3600b, so don't think it will be more expensive on a Monster. They missed that the bolt that holds the exhaust had fallen out (!!!) and that the chain had stretched out of spec, so not sure if they check anything apart from changing oil. The missing bolt was really annoying as the muffler was only secured by the manifold and would probably broken loose if I didn't take it back to them. A new bolt was 800b...

The manual clearly states that 95 octane gasohol can be used, but no more than E10. E20 will destroy the engine. The bike runs rough under 4000 revs, but that is due to EU emission regulations that dictates the fuel-to-air mix. If you don't care about the environment, parts are available to fix this. I think this is same for all Ducatis, also the Monster.

After 3 months I am still waiting for my green book which they promised would take two weeks. Even had to go back to immigration to get a new residency permit as it expired before they could get their asses down to the transport office.

Great bike, but Ducati Pattaya has not impressed me at all.

WB

800 baht for a bolt? how much is a new chain or did they replace it under warranty?

The bike runs rough under 4000 revs, but that is due to EU emission regulations that dictates the fuel-to-air mix. If you don't care about the environment, parts are available to fix this.[/quotee]

Motorcycles do great on mileage, but they are surprisingly bad when it comes to emissions- however, I sure wouldn't accept having the bike on which I just spent double what it's worth (which I also did recently) run rough under 4K (especially when it redlines under 11K) when there's a fix for it, or justify not doing it by saying those who do 'don't care about the environment'- I guess if we all really cared about the environment we wouldn't be on bikes over 125cc.;)

BTW- Kawasaki got me my green book and plate in a month- something is not right with your situation.

Running rough is minor as my friends has to turn his diavel off as the temp light comes on at lights.

Running rough is minor as my friends has to turn his diavel off as the temp light comes on at lights.

Don't most big bikes get hot at lights in a tropical country? My fans kick in at 104 degrees. Best to turn off the engine at prolonged sets of lights. Nothing unusual there, especially with a twin.

Don't most big bikes get hot at lights in a tropical country? My fans kick in at 104 degrees. Best to turn off the engine at prolonged sets of lights. Nothing unusual there, especially with a twin.

Especially for and 'air-cooled' twin :)

Hot yes but not where you have to shut it down because of a overheating light. I owned several harley in south florida and never did a warning come. Also owned countless watercooled bikes and never alight unless something was malfunctioning.

Hot yes but not where you have to shut it down because of a overheating light. I owned several harley in south florida and never did a warning come. Also owned countless watercooled bikes and never alight unless something was malfunctioning.

From what I recall, the Diavel basically has the old 1198 superbike engine so I think comparisons to Hardleys aren't that relevant. There are going to be some drawbacks to putting a superbike engine in a cruiser.

And I guess the warning light is some new tech stuff as I haven't seen it on earlier Ducs. Does the warning light mean 'the engine's too hot, turn off now' or 'it's getting hot, be warned'? The old 848/1098/1198 superbikes gave a too hot warning once the oil temperature got beyond acceptable limits and shutting down was just a sensible action.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

From what I recall, the Diavel basically has the old 1198 superbike engine so I think comparisons to Hardleys aren't that relevant. There are going to be some drawbacks to putting a superbike engine in a cruiser.

And I guess the warning light is some new tech stuff as I haven't seen it on earlier Ducs. Does the warning light mean 'the engine's too hot, turn off now' or 'it's getting hot, be warned'? The old 848/1098/1198 superbikes gave a too hot warning once the oil temperature got beyond acceptable limits and shutting down was just a sensible action.

I only mention harley and other bikes i have owned as you seem to imply most big bikes overheat in the tropics and i say no they dont. I dont own the diavel but my friend does and he really likes it. To me any warning light indicates some sort of problem. If the light comes on and there is not a problem then i say poor design.

Does the warning light mean 'the engine's too hot, turn off now' or 'it's getting hot, be warned'? The old 848/1098/1198 superbikes gave a too hot warning once the oil temperature got beyond acceptable limits and shutting down was just a sensible action.

The warning light means shut it down now, the engine is way too hot smile.png . Besides the warning light the Diavel has a coolant temperature guage and the light doesn't come on until the coolant temperature reaches 120 degreres. As H1w4yR1da mentioned, putting a superbike engine in a cruiser you know that there are going to be some limitations. Also to make the bike look great they didn't hang a big radiator on the front, only two small ones on the side. If you want one that runs cool, get the Multistrada with its huge radiator.