Where Can We Buy Beer Lao In Thailand

utapaortnab

Howdy,

My wife and I don't drink but we want to throw a party for my bro-in-law when he next visits from England. I would like to know where in Thailand to get Beer Lao, his favorite. If it isn't available "under the counter" or whatever within Thailand, is it legal to bring back a case or so from Laos. I'd be willing to go from Chiayaphum to Vientaine and buy it if legal to bring accross the border.

Ken Bower

Chiayaphum Thailand

Howdy,

My wife and I don't drink but we want to throw a party for my bro-in-law when he next visits from England. I would like to know where in Thailand to get Beer Lao, his favorite. If it isn't available "under the counter" or whatever within Thailand, is it legal to bring back a case or so from Laos. I'd be willing to go from Chiayaphum to Vientaine and buy it if legal to bring accross the border.

Ken Bower

Chiayaphum Thailand

Ken,

I've never brought it back, but I've had a couple at the Ubon Ratchathani border crossing with Laos at Chong Mek. Pretty sure a case or two per person is allowed. This would be true, I think, for other Thailand/Laos border crossings. It's an okay beer. Let me (or the forum) know if you are hassled. I read something recently about some problems with the tax people at Chong Mek.

My experience is at least 2 ½ years old now, so things might have changed, like the visa thing in another topic :o

At Nong Khai it seemed the limit was as much as you could carry, we managed 6, stacked on wheeled suitcases. As I said, it might have changed now.