your cell phone can be located even when turned off

Asiantravel

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the battery out if you are that paranoid, they can't track it then.

If you are not an international terrorist/criminal why would you care anyhow?

How about if an international terrorist phones you by wrong number and you then get added to terrorist database in FBI? And then some freak accident of chance puts you in the cross hairs of FBI or a black ops unit?

Or, how about if an international terrorist who believes he has been found out decides to phone a lot of innocent numbers to spread chaos and you awake to find yourself in a cell in Egypt suspended by chains and drugged.

If you are lying on the ground dead in a pool of blood after a black ops attack you can't pronounce your innocence.

• Like 1

I was wondering when the "if you have nothing to hide..." wing would chime in. If you have nothing to hide, then just put webcams in every room in your house, your car, your favorite bar, etc. etc. and make sure they're running constantly; create facebook & twitter accounts, make them accessible to everyone, and update them constantly with your whereabouts, activities, & political opinions; and of course make SURE you leave your cellphone ON all the time and keep it with you. Everybody knows that only criminals (and paranoids) care about privacy. Right?

Europeans know the price of overzealous "security". We spent decades fighting against it.

I wouldn't care if they can track me if they want to track me because I'm a criminal.

But I want the NSA stop to tracking, spying and localizing and saving all my information what they illegally stolen by spying and sniffing on all my providers and devices, when I am not a criminal or a suspect!!!!

And this is what they do! Probably you never heard of regimes which started to totally spying on their citizens to find enemy of the states!

You should look this movie here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veag-ptUkXI This was not fiction, this was real. The saddest part when you were blackmailed to help spying your friends and neighbors because they knew your own secrets.

Edited by SoFarAndNear

I was wondering when the "if you have nothing to hide..." wing would chime in. If you have nothing to hide, then just put webcams in every room in your house, your car, your favorite bar, etc. etc. and make sure they're running constantly; create facebook & twitter accounts, make them accessible to everyone, and update them constantly with your whereabouts, activities, & political opinions; and of course make SURE you leave your cellphone ON all the time and keep it with you. Everybody knows that only criminals (and paranoids) care about privacy. Right?

Europeans know the price of overzealous "security". We spent decades fighting against it.

Americans can be slow learners. Right now, all other concerns are subordinated to the Obama cult. When he said "transparent", everybody thought he was talking about the government and his administration...

So, if all this govt spying prevents a terrorist incident, he grabs the credit. If anyone complains about invasion of privacy, it's Bush's fault. Simple.

Only American brands I love are Leatherman, Maglite and Jack Daniels, but for the internet I don't want them anymore

Timberland and Rockport have both been wonderful in my experience.

Suggest you exchange inferior Jack for superior Wild Turkey.

over 900 000 000 SIMs are hacked. Mine too, going to change number. Calling credit disappears automatically while someone is using the hijacked SIM for calls. It's due to old encoding 56bits I think only. They may also place micro chips, or nano chips to locate the phones at any time anywhere, switched off or on doesn't matter.

How about if an international terrorist phones you by wrong number and you then get added to terrorist database in FBI? And then some freak accident of chance puts you in the cross hairs of FBI or a black ops unit?

Or, how about if an international terrorist who believes he has been found out decides to phone a lot of innocent numbers to spread chaos and you awake to find yourself in a cell in Egypt suspended by chains and drugged.

If you are lying on the ground dead in a pool of blood after a black ops attack you can't pronounce your innocence.

How about you wear one of these?

biggrin.png

220px-ManWearingTinFoilHat.jpg

• Like 1

How about you wear one of these?

biggrin.png

220px-ManWearingTinFoilHat.jpg

Where did you insert your thermometer?

How about if none of the above happens and you waste your life worrying about it.

over 900 000 000 SIMs are hacked. Mine too, going to change number. Calling credit disappears automatically while someone is using the hijacked SIM for calls. It's due to old encoding 56bits I think only. They may also place micro chips, or nano chips to locate the phones at any time anywhere, switched off or on doesn't matter.

Yes like here in Thailand they are going into the micro chip business only they got there micro chips crossed and they are going into bags of rice so the government can track them and if they step out of line seize them and give them a good boiling in hot water.

Yes like here in Thailand they are going into the micro chip business only they got there micro chips crossed and they are going into bags of rice so the government can track them and if they step out of line seize them and give them a good boiling in hot water.

This is from a recent warning of the UN. Never like this before ...

How do they track you when its turned off? Simple really. They can only track your last known position between cell towers. As soon as you turn it back on its automatically relocated and there's nothing you can do to prevent it. Every phone has a fingerprint code. Its how the system works no matter which one you use it has to identify you and give you calling access. When you turn your cell off and back on, the screen says searching for signal. That's when it happens. If you turn it off the only other way to track you is by using an active scanning signal that has to be pretty close to the phone. At least 1500 meters or less. The signal "vibrates" a crystal in the phone which in turn radiates a signal back. Not quiet but similar to how RFID tags work. But a lot more complex. you are getting bombarded by microwave signals every day, even from the Sun, so don't panic.

Far as I followed this it is still not clear how they do it, don't know if I should believe it or not. Only thing I'm sure of I am deamericanizing my internet behaviour, all that megacompanies need to be boycotted, just my new principle, boycott everything American. They deserve it because they are unreliable and fool the people became normal for them. Everything European is better in any case, GMX mail (german) versus Gmail, Wuala (swiss) versus Dropbox etc.

German Minister: Drop Google, Facebook To Avoid U.S. Spying

Only American brands I love are Leatherman, Maglite and Jack Daniels, bur for the internet I don't want them anymore

don't forget the jeans....."Levi's" !!! Everyone wears those.

By the way, Levi's Jeans are embossed with satellite reflecting technology and the bar code on the back label (Leather stitched) can be scanned and triangulated from outer space, thus revealing your location.....as well.

• Like 1

Not everyone is American, nor do they have American products.

How about those of us, probably the majority, who have Mobile Phones bought either in Thailand, Australia,Europe or other parts of Asia.

Is the USA-Big Brother tracking us, as well as those former U.S. Citizens who have attempted to escape the insanity that pervades the America, thanks to the "Phony President" over there?

my iphone was Lost..or stolen a few days ago and I can't find it on the tracker becasue it hasn't been turned on. the only question is how do we get NSA to track it for us biggrin.png

I'll try to tell you, right after I pick myself up off the floor where I have fallen down laughing so much 555!

Far as I followed this it is still not clear how they do it, don't know if I should believe it or not. Only thing I'm sure of I am deamericanizing my internet behaviour, all that megacompanies need to be boycotted, just my new principle, boycott everything American. They deserve it because they are unreliable and fool the people became normal for them. Everything European is better in any case, GMX mail (german) versus Gmail, Wuala (swiss) versus Dropbox etc.

German Minister: Drop Google, Facebook To Avoid U.S. Spying

Only American brands I love are Leatherman, Maglite and Jack Daniels, bur for the internet I don't want them anymore

don't forget the jeans....."Levi's" !!! Everyone wears those.

By the way, Levi's Jeans are embossed with satellite reflecting technology and the bar code on the back label (Leather stitched) can be scanned and triangulated from outer space, thus revealing your location.....as well.

If your jeans would have the opportunity to be tracked. I can tell you NSA wants to to have access to it and they will force it. Like they force AOL, Microsoft, Apple, Yahoo to have direct access to all user database. Also big global internet service providers like are forced to give to direct un-restricted access to mirror all internet traffic.

Now make your jokes, and wait until in some years we will have a governments which are using all against us. The real problem is that you are giving away your human rights to people who now might been interested in good things. But what happens if these people change and people govern who will abuse their power. But then you can do nothing because they can fully control you and know everyone who is against them.

• Like 1

Not everyone is American, nor do they have American products.

How about those of us, probably the majority, who have Mobile Phones bought either in Thailand, Australia,Europe or other parts of Asia.

Is the USA-Big Brother tracking us, as well as those former U.S. Citizens who have attempted to escape the insanity that pervades the America, thanks to the "Phony President" over there?

That "phony" president! You mean my presidents' "phone" can be tracked as well? OMG.

Oh by the way.....he was elected twice, by the majority of "electoral" votes. That makes him legit...not only the first time...but the second as well. In theory, he was the best choice out of all the possibilities! As for being liked....... I can't say for sure that winning a presidential election twice in a row means that Americans like him a lot, but you can figure that out. No, I am afraid its official...he is not phoney at all. Europeans have had their share of bad leaders, I recall....

• Like 2

Actually, funny story.

Last week I bought a new mini sim card for the wife's Note 8.

The telewiz mensa graduates there sat at the computer, inserted the sim card in a machine (where normally they just hand you the package after you pay), surreptitiously aimed a small web cam towards me and may have taken a pic of me.

So now they take pics of you when you buy a sim card. Welcome to North Korea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. I walked away without taking the card nor paying for it.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Actually, funny story.

Last week I bought a new mini sim card for the wife's Note 8.

The telewiz mensa graduates there sat at the computer, inserted the sim card in a machine (where normally they just hand you the package after you pay), surreptitiously aimed a small web cam towards me and may have taken a pic of me.

So now they take pics of you when you buy a sim card. Welcome to North Korea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. I walked away without taking the card nor paying for it.thumbsup.gif

Things are not getting better, are they? It seems like pandora's box has been opened. My opinion is that the present technology was intentionally released....and spread like a virus. The twist comes in the form that possibly the present technology has, secretly, long been surpassed. In other words..It is a "Checkmate". Everyone is using outdated technology to produce cellphones and such, and certain institutions have already put in place (long before this technology was released) a system to collect data from it. Remember how the Chinese "stole" silicon valley technology 20 years ago...? I suppose this was meant to happen....???

Europeans have had their share of bad leaders, I recall....

Exactly! That is probably one reason why we are so reluctant to give in to this privacy invasion disguised as anti-terror security.

I do believe the vast majority of Americans would agree. Never lose the Moral High ground...that is what history teaches.