Russian Woman robbed of bag on Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Russian Woman robbed of bag on Pattaya Beach

russia-21.jpg
PATTAYA:--A Russian woman who was walking back to her Hotel in the early hours of Saturday was robbed of her bag by a Thai man desperate to raise funds so he could return to his home province.

Police rushed to the scene after receiving a report of the street robbery on Pattaya Beach in front of Soi 6 just after 3am. Police were able to locate and arrest the suspected robber, Khun Juron aged 31, inside Soi 4.

He was in possession of the bag which belonged to Miss Natalia Snipilova who thanked Police for their quick response.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/96887/russian-woman-robbed-bag-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-07-27

More people should listen to "How not to get robbed" by "I told you so". Common sense is lacking in most of these situations. I am sorry for her and agree with the last post that said " I am glad the woman was unharmed. Money can be replaced, you can't".

There is a guy in Chiangmai, just near Kad Suan Kaew who has been collecting money from tourists for about 4 years to get a bus ticket back to lamphun about 30 kms down the road.

I love these..."police rushed to the scene"...lines in crime reports. Maybe I'm not paying attention but I've never seen the police 'rushing' anywhere. Not to say they never do, but they certainly manage to disguise it as 'strolling' very effectively.

I am always amazed at how many undercover police there are in Pattaya, and I welcome them. You don't need to see the police running to the scene. Chances are they are nearby. I have seen countless situations (accidents, fights), where all of a sudden there are plenty of plain clothes officers right on the scene, pulling their hidden radios from under their shirts, and taking charge of the problem at hand. Yesterday I was totally surprised to see a regular motorbike, with a regular guy on it, going down Beach Road with a real police siren going off. Since he was passing real police officers in front in front of the police station, I have to assume he was actually undercover. You might not see them rushing somewhere, because they are already there.

There is a guy in Chiangmai, just near Kad Suan Kaew who has been collecting money from tourists for about 4 years to get a bus ticket back to lamphun about 30 kms down the road.

There was one in Tesco car park S Pattaya a few months back ,i was packing stuff into the car when he approached my wife , he spoke to her and was quite well dressed ,before i could stop her she gave him 100 baht , i was mad and told her its the oldest trick in the book ,needing money for bus fare home because you have lost your wallet ,at least she said that she would know better next time ,

I love these..."police rushed to the scene"...lines in crime reports. Maybe I'm not paying attention but I've never seen the police 'rushing' anywhere. Not to say they never do, but they certainly manage to disguise it as 'strolling' very effectively.

I am always amazed at how many undercover police there are in Pattaya, and I welcome them. You don't need to see the police running to the scene. Chances are they are nearby. I have seen countless situations (accidents, fights), where all of a sudden there are plenty of plain clothes officers right on the scene, pulling their hidden radios from under their shirts, and taking charge of the problem at hand. Yesterday I was totally surprised to see a regular motorbike, with a regular guy on it, going down Beach Road with a real police siren going off. Since he was passing real police officers in front in front of the police station, I have to assume he was actually undercover. You might not see them rushing somewhere, because they are already there.

Okay, there are countless undercover police cleverly pre-positioned on hand at all these crime scenes. If so, it sort of makes you wonder why they don't do something to prevent these crimes from happening in the first place.

Edited by marell

Maybe the "robber" is paid by the russian maffia down there

Maybe the same guy whom slid the throat of 2 russian ladys on the beach, last year, or maybe not.