Russian Go-Go Bar and Thai Pub raided by Pattaya authorities

Rimmer

Why on earth do they need to import farang prostitutes? Do Russians actually travel from Russia to Thailand for a Russian prostitute, would it be easier and cheaper to just go to a brothel in Russia?

It appears that the Russians don't know how to keep it discreet and should take a few tips from the Thais. The BIB didn't notice all the Thai prostitutes operating in Walking Street. Maybe this is just part of the operation to crack down on all Russian businesses that are taking jobs away from thais.

I think a lot of people will do things on holiday that they wouldn't usually do in the course of their normal life in the city/country where they live, so maybe that's why there are so many Eastern European hookers in Thailand.

And yes, the question looms about why the police only now take some action about something that has been going on in plain sight (at Moulin Rouge) for many years. Perhaps the BIB/government are only now realising that the numbers of Eastern Europeans involved in shady or illegal situations here in Thailand has reached critical mass.

Maybe something like that, and this was a "signal": Thailand has perhaps been politely trying to show Russians the door with the message not getting across. I haven't been taking surveys, but I somehow get the impression that the Russians who come to Pattaya at least, and stay, are not generally all that well liked by the Thais anymore, if they ever really were. (An affection for someone, and someone's money, are pretty easily confused...) I don't think it's something as simple as unpaid tea money, but who knows?

Edited by hawker9000

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first venue to be targeted was the Moulin Rouge Bar on Walking Street which has, for many years, employed Eastern European Hostesses to work in the bar.

Those Russian ladies have been dancing in the showcase window on walkingstreet for about a decade, yet just the other day the BIB noticed them . clap2.gif alt=clap2.gif>clap2.gif alt=clap2.gif>

By the state of some of them in the photo, they look as if they have been there for the decade without a day off............sad.png

• Like 1

Why on earth do they need to import farang prostitutes?

For Thai men? They like the white stuff. unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeC.png

Believe it or not, Asian guys are attracted to white meat. My brother in law is Philipino and tells me that his dream is to get him some Miley Cyrus or similar minx.

So remind me, how do the Alien WP regulations go... Isn't it something like 4 (real) Thai employees need to be employed for each foreigner working?

That's simple. One Russian girl dancing and four Thai employees counting the bar receipts.

and although rarely enforced at present - the work permit job description should be for duties, that available Thai workers either can't do, or don't want to do?

Job description for Russian dancing girls: not having brown skin and being over 5ft 6in. That rules out most Thais.

Personally it's a complete mystery to me why anyone would spend money to go into one of these places, or even go into one if it was free. I would rather have my fingernails pulled out with rusty pliers.

on my first visit to pattaya several years ago, (2005)i went to that russian place near the (gone?) peppermint gogo up the stairs

they charged 250 baht for a bottle of san mig light, and a girl wanted 2000 baht for a five minute lap dance !! i exited rather quickly

Gees ! A big ripoff attempt, especially for the lap dance. Are you sure what was meant was just dance-service ? smile.png

By the way, sorry to change the disccusion a bit but YEARS ago, there was 'Peppermint' disco-bar in Patpong. I think it no longer exists. I had gone there a few times. Remember that one ? It was quite a decent and fun venue.

Edited by JemJem

on my first visit to pattaya several years ago, (2005)i went to that russian place near the (gone?) peppermint gogo up the stairs

they charged 250 baht for a bottle of san mig light, and a girl wanted 2000 baht for a five minute lap dance !! i exited rather quickly

Gees ! A big ripoff attempt, especially for the lap dance. Are you sure what was meant was just dance-service ? smile.png

By the way, sorry to change the disccusion a bit but YEARS ago, there was 'Peppermint' disco-bar in Patpong. I think it no longer exists. I had gone there a few times. Remember that one ? It was quite a decent and fun venue.

I think their idea was to lure you to have a private lap dance and then up the ante for some other 'ahem' personal service

i recall now a buddy of mine being asked for 5,000 for ST. !!!

• 4 months later...

There shouldn't be any Russian go go bars here anyway. If I wanted to see some Russian girls I would go to Russia! All these go gos have gotten out of hand. I was in one last night on walking street. 1500 baht bar fine! I think that and the girls were not really that hot. I think that will be my last trip to walking street.

And some idiots are coming here paying it. They have ruined this Pattaya I'm afraid. It's over.

I think that Pattaya is seen in some Indian & Middle Eastern gents eyes as a sex destination where they can pick & choose from an array of types from Thai, European & African.

In their own countries the aurturities are extremely tough on women in public & a fair few of these fellas have no access to females at all in their home towns & live in male-only factory communes.

They come in their 30's to lose their virginity

A blond European type is often seem as unobtainable & hence extremely desirable to them.

There are East European cathouses in Mumbai, Delhi, Goa, Dubai etc

• Like 1

There shouldn't be any Russian go go bars here anyway. If I wanted to see some Russian girls I would go to Russia! All these go gos have gotten out of hand. I was in one last night on walking street. 1500 baht bar fine! I think that and the girls were not really that hot. I think that will be my last trip to walking street.

Why not?? They obviously serve some needs since they`re still in excistence.............and the girls there CAN dance compared to most of the girls in the thai venues thumbsup.gif .

There shouldn't be any Russian go go bars here anyway.

Why not let the market decide that question rather than you?

Competition might do the Thais some good.

If I wanted to see some Russian girls I would go to Russia!

But again that's just you, innit?

All these go gos have gotten out of hand. I was in one last night on walking street. 1500 baht bar fine! I think that and the girls were not really that hot. I think that will be my last trip to walking street.

Great.

• Like 1

Tea money must be paid.

Do you sit by the computer ready to be the first to type in this highly "original" & pointless comment whenever a topic involving the police is posted?

Got that sentence attached to a hotkey ready to quick paste the moment the words "police" or "BiB" are mentioned!

Shows true "insider" knowledge of Thailand, shrewd, wise, sophisticated understanding of the whole simple system; impresses all the innocent forum newbies, mere babes in the woods, who just had NO idea about the whole tea money concept. Thank god we got somebody who knows what's goin' on!

Tea money must be paid.

Do you sit by the computer ready to be the first to type in this highly "original" & pointless comment whenever a topic involving the police is posted?

Got that sentence attached to a hotkey ready to quick paste the moment the words "police" or "BiB" are mentioned!

Shows true "insider" knowledge of Thailand, shrewd, wise, sophisticated understanding of the whole simple system; impresses all the innocent forum newbies, mere babes in the woods, who just had NO idea about the whole tea money concept. Thank god we got somebody who knows what's goin' on!

A little early in the morning for such biting sarcasm...I wonder what the rest of the day will bring :)

• Like 1