Oil slick: Smell the fish before you eat it, say Thai officials

webfact

Smell the fish before you buy it? Perhaps signs of a recent "oil change," would be more apparent. Beware when frying your fish up, it may be hazardous to your health, but our health department couldn't care less...Thank you for enforcement of quality food standards. Everything from rice to fish is contaminated now.

If contaminated seafood is used for processed food like canned food or sundried, how will the consumers know?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you get ( canned up ) drunk you will know !!!!

This guy is well, moronic. After I read about this spill, I reviewed some US Government information from the Gulf of Mexico disaster (oil rig explosion). Carcinogens from the oil and the chemicals used to break up the oil spill will the creatures of the sea and right on down the food chain for a decade or more. I am pretty sure that humans can't smell carcinogens.

• Like 1

Gee this is getting so easy now to eat food in Thailand.. you smell the fish to detect crude oil.. and get the rice sent off to a lab to test methyl bromide levels.. wow dinner in Thailand just go a whole lot easier and safer.

Do these guys actually have a brain ??

C'mon Monty, surely you know that Corexit is the antidote to Methyl Bromide?

Next problem?