UKBA query, ILR approved from Premium service on 10th July and still no I.D card sent?

Hello there,

Well we attended and paid for the premium service for the wifes ILR and all was pretty much straight forward, got the letter to say all approved and was told by the officer they will send out new Bio-metric Residence card in 7-10 days and it will be by recorded delivery and need to be signed for....

That's great I said, we are both at work all day so will have to make a trip to the post office to pick it up unless delivered on a Saturday...she just looked at me and agreed.

Still nothing has come....I sent them an email to the address they supplied other than that you can post off free of charge to ask where it is but of course no phone number to get an answer on anything.... I really am scratching my head as to what is premium about this service?

Other way round and they said you have 10 days to respond or you are out...well you know the answer!

So question is, is it just our own crappy misfortune when dealing with these people or what? anyone else waiting for the ID card to show up?

Thanks

thanks for replies so far, without a card sorting office don't want to know and have told me to go to the source....

still awaiting the home office to reply to the email.....failing that you have to write to them as per their instructions

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the delivery of your Biometric Residence Permit. If we require further information to help us answer your enquiry, we will contact you. Provided we have all the information we require, your enquiry will be answered within 5 working days of receipt. Please do not reply to this e-mail or re-send your enquiry unless we ask you to do so.

If you have not received a response to your enquiry within 28 days of sending your original enquiry, you should re-send it or write to us at:

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ
Returns Unit
P.O. Box 163
Bristol BS20 1AB

You are advised not to make any travel arrangements while this matter is being investigated.

Email was sent Tuesday 30th July, so if nothing by Tuesday next week from the system then will write and of course will be calling up their complaints department(if they have one)

I suppose the only upside is at least it's free to write to them crazy.gif

Still trying to work out what was premium about the service other than the price

Have you checked with your local sorting office?

Maybe the postman forgot to leave a card.

Hi,

My wife got hers by courier and they sent a txt the day is was to be delivered to we knew to stay in. I sent an email to query something on the card and sent it to BRPLost@ho​meoffice.gs​i.gov.uk

I know it was the wrong email address for my question but they answered it the next day as they may look at this mailbox for often as its for lost cards

It may be worth dropping the email to that address if you dont get any joy with the others.

Andy

Edited by andyandythai

Once again many thanks andyandythai, I emailed them and got a response very quickly saying that the BRP has been produced recently and should be delivered within 3-7 working days... so at least we now know....

you would think that if there was a hold up they might have contacted us to let us know....especially as their letter states expect it within 7/10 days and that is what we were told by the officer at UKBA...

I just read what I typed above and on second thoughts....no the above is to be expected from people that are nameless and faceless and don't have to answer to the public they serve....

rant over...

• Like 2

hey guess what.....well just got an email saying they are delivering the BRP ID card......today!!!

went online to check the status and well.....it's already been attempted delivery so they got to re-deliver....

not really feeling the premium service here (and yes 7by7 I know the premium service is you get the answer on the day)

If like ourselves and you work during the week you can pay a fee of £6.71 to have it delivered on a Saturday....what a racket eh!

cheers all....feeling that lucky I am going out to buy a lucky dip thumbsup.gif