Checking if import duty was correctly paid on grey market cars

Hi, have been looking at a few grey market cars but with all the fuss over the legality of how many of these have been imported, is there any way to independently check yourself whether duty has been correctly paid or not? Could you check the license number with the Transport department to see what was legally registered? etc etc

Thanks for any help that can be provided

First, you need to read the Tabien Rot, checking that the engine specs and indeed even make/model are a match for the car, next you'll need a Thai to help read it and make sure it doesn't say the car was re-manufactered.

Next, contact the DSI and make sure the car isn't on any of their lists.

The final test comes when transferring the Tabien Rot into your name - if that goes smoothly without any special help (i.e. no disappearing into a back office for 30 mins, or the seller saying 'we'll organise it, no need for you to come'), then you should be OK.

First, you need to read the Tabien Rot, checking that the engine specs and indeed even make/model are a match for the car, next you'll need a Thai to help read it and make sure it doesn't say the car was re-manufactered.

The final test comes when transferring the Tabien Rot into your name - if that goes smoothly without any special help (i.e. no disappearing into a back office for 30 mins, or the seller saying 'we'll organise it, no need for you to come'), then you should be OK.

Thanks IMHO, very informative. Have you actually been though this process or has another member actually done this?

Thanks IMHO, very informative. Have you actually been though this process or has another member actually done this?

Have never bought a used car i my life, but do understand what's in the Tabien Rot and what's needed to transfer ownership.