'Thaksin's return home is long overdue'

Lite Beer

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Chaps , I am a supporter of Thaksin . I would like to see his safe return to legitimately head a government , rather than doing it by proxy as now .

It is all very well to call hin a convicted criminal , because surperlative efforts were exercised to get rid of him at any price .

What do most of us know of the truth ? I have no doubt that there are dozens of people in high places whose " Overlooked " crimes could end in conviction .

In a country when any means fit the end in all stratas of society , it is only the highest profile that gets picked on , incriminated and convicted .

Let me say it in this way.

In a democratic country the politico suspected of malversations would be out of politics forever.

Hgh trees catch most wind!

He reckons spending 350 billion baht is OK even if it saves only 1 life. But how many times do we see the loss of life in accidents and killings being paid off for a few thousand Baht. That is how much Thai people value life.

• Like 2

If we do nothing about incidents like the massive flooding in 2011, how can we survive until today? This is a must-do job. Bt350 billion may sound like a lot, but if we can help prevent loss of life, even one life is worth it.

Since when is the government concerned about loss of life, especially just ONE life?!?!? 350 billion would be split up nicely among the people of Thailand. Maybe even pay people better wages, fix roads, and transportation issues. It's funny how when they are concerned with the value of one lost life when 350 billion is at stake.

We Brits, well our government actually imprisoned a lot of political figures over the years in our colonies.

in the main it was a dammed good apprenticeship for national leadership as Jomo Kenyatta, Nelson Mandela and a good many others clearly demonstrated over the years when they took their places on the international politics stage.

Come back Thaksin serve your apprenticeship in the slammer and your will emerge as a shining star like those aforementioned gentlemen .

Ooop's forgot Thaksins role model was undoubtedly Idi Amin thus Thaksin can only be described as a gentleman as a gender description not as a symbol of status and character.whistling.gif .

• Like 2

This is entirely a Thailand matter legally outlined by > government, parliament, and high court < thus expats living in Thailand should respect this and not express too many harsh opinions about it, because it might and could result into negative immigration conditions for Westerners.

Alot of his answers are half-truths and deceptive, and to think this guy was briefly our PM, well, he's just as naive and tricky in his answers as our current PM, funnily both are close relatives of the great fugitive. Gotta love PT, they talk to the media as if we're all as dumb as a red rally audience.

The best lie is a half truth. It's what politicians do.

Anyway here we are wondering / discussing if a coup is on the cards. Unless we have access to the very few people that could pull it off then we are all just guessing.

The disgrace is that it's even a conversation at all, and that it is is all down to this Amnesty Bill which is aimed at just one thing, just one man. He really knows how to disrupt a country. He's a genius at it. smile.png

I think it's disgraceful that a person in such a senior, responsible position can openly support the return of the fugitive criminal, whilst at the same time suggesting that he remains impartial in all of this.

Yes, his return is long overdue, but not in the way that Somchai is suggesting. He should be returned here in chains to begin his sentence for crimes already proven. Whilst serving that time, he can also appear before the courts to answer to the numerous other fraud/imbezzlement charges against him.

More phony scandals, eh?

Alot of his answers are half-truths and deceptive, and to think this guy was briefly our PM, well, he's just as naive and tricky in his answers as our current PM, funnily both are close relatives of the great fugitive. Gotta love PT, they talk to the media as if we're all as dumb as a red rally audience.

The best lie is a half truth. It's what politicians do.

Anyway here we are wondering / discussing if a coup is on the cards. Unless we have access to the very few people that could pull it off then we are all just guessing.

The disgrace is that it's even a conversation at all, and that it is is all down to this Amnesty Bill which is aimed at just one thing, just one man. He really knows how to disrupt a country. He's a genius at it. smile.png

Genius, or an amateur compared to Obama?

This is entirely a Thailand matter legally outlined by > government, parliament, and high court < thus expats living in Thailand should respect this and not express too many harsh opinions about it, because it might and could result into negative immigration conditions for Westerners.

"You are not my father"

• Like 2

Sorry Chaps , I am a supporter of Thaksin . I would like to see his safe return to legitimately head a government , rather than doing it by proxy as now .

It is all very well to call hin a convicted criminal , because surperlative efforts were exercised to get rid of him at any price .

What do most of us know of the truth ? I have no doubt that there are dozens of people in high places whose " Overlooked " crimes could end in conviction .

In a country when any means fit the end in all stratas of society , it is only the highest profile that gets picked on , incriminated and convicted .

Well, you say you're a "supporter" of him. So you don't really care about the criminal convictions, etc., anyway. For you, the ends (getting him back home and in power again) justify the means (whatever it takes; whatever damage he's done and is doing to Thailand). The "Hey, everybody else does it" defense, and the short-term "hey, let's just be friends" thinking and tactics designed and intended to ENSURE it keeps happening. Yeah, 'the path to democracy and freedom alright. Yeah, let's just forget about the rule of law: it's SUCH an old fashioned concept (psssst, and not really convenient here...).

And the rule of law regarding a military ouster of a sitting PM?

"

Are you worried that opponents will bring down the government by using legal tactics?

They are resorting to all legal tactics possible. It is tiring, but we must move forward because we have a social contract."

A judge who disapproves of people exercising their legal rights. Nice!

Erm, scuse me. Where in this statement does the judge say he disapproves? All he says is "It is tiring"

Must rush, I'm off to the "People's Army" rally. There's still room in the telephone box on corner of Rama 4 and Silom Roads

I read that Thaksin was convicted by a court stacked with Thaksins enemies, during an illegal coup.

Is this correct?

No.

So, there is such a thing as a legal coup?

No.

He wasn't convicted during the coup. He was convicted while his brother in law was PM.

• Like 1

Well, you say you're a "supporter" of him. So you don't really care about the criminal convictions, etc., anyway. For you, the ends (getting him back home and in power again) justify the means (whatever it takes; whatever damage he's done and is doing to Thailand). The "Hey, everybody else does it" defense, and the short-term "hey, let's just be friends" thinking and tactics designed and intended to ENSURE it keeps happening. Yeah, 'the path to democracy and freedom alright. Yeah, let's just forget about the rule of law: it's SUCH an old fashioned concept (psssst, and not really convenient here...).

I thought we were talking about the 2006 coup, when there was no sitting PM.

I remember this guy.

The peacefully yellow shirts ambushed him and he had to scurry over a wall at Dusit Zoo to save himself from a lynching.

No?

Did anybody prosecute that mob or are the criminals walking free I wonder?

Yes, this guy was "in charge" when the international airport was commandeered and closed by the yellow shirts.

Must have been 'Apple' Police that handled it... Red on the outside, but Yellow inside....

I remember this guy.

The peacefully yellow shirts ambushed him and he had to scurry over a wall at Dusit Zoo to save himself from a lynching.

No?

Yes, this guy was "in charge" when the international airport was commandeered and closed by the yellow shirts.
This guy Mr T. was not "in charge" when the yellow shirt thugs commandeered two international airports in November 2008 and ransacked Government House earlier. He rightly eluded the kangaroo court "justice" by attending the Beijing Olympics earlier that year. But hey, why let facts get in the way of a good bit of bigotry?
  • Like 2

I remember this guy.

No?

YEP! I remember that act of international terrorism. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Did you just fall of the turnip truck? When Dr. Thaksin was PM, he dissolved Parliament because of protests over his tax free sale of 49% of his telecom business to Singapore's Sovereign Wealth Fund. During the new elections, his TRT party broke the election law that states when a party has no opposition candidate in a district, they must win 40% of the electorate (not 40% of the votes cast). The Democrat Party boycotted the elections and TRT was running unopposed in many districts. It is difficult to get enough turnouts to get 40% of the electorate so the TRT party paid other, smaller parties to run against them and got caught and the election was nullified by the EC. Thaksin had 60 days to hold new elections after the previous elections were voided but failed to do so. At the end of those 60 days, his mandate to govern was over and he moved out of Government House and a caretaker PM was installed to facilitate new elections. After a couple of weeks, Dr. Thaksin moved back into government house and there was no power to stop him. Though Dr. Thaksin was in Government House acting as PM, he had no legal authority to be there. When the Army moved in, they did not oust a sitting PM but they did oust a pretender and power grabber. Who else was going to enforce Constitutional rules that should be enforced by the Executive Branch of Government? In this case, The Executive Branch had been coopted by a pretender (Dr. Thaksin) who was not following the Constitution that he was supposed to obey. The Army is the Last Resort to prevent dictatorship and abuse at the highest levels. I repeat, Dr. Thaksin was not a legal PM when the Army moved in and in fact, when the Army held elections, they did not prevent the installation of a government by Dr. Thaksin's nominee, K. Somchai after he won. Now you can see why so many people can never trust an undemocratic figure as Dr. Thaksin has proved himself to be.

+1